Fans abusing the players

Well I was going radio, f'ing and blinding too, but in the direction of gobby younger QPR to my left who you know would never stand outside. But that's always been how I vent my frustration, on opposing supporters not my own team. Absolutely don't get it. And it's been worse at the away games plus it's a younger element. Maybe they need proper turning on and clumping by us older lot. At home I know most of those around me and no one takes it out on the players ever. Again all aimed at the oppo. Peckham absolutely top post above mate.

I have had a rant up under my breath before but, I have never booed the team or shouted at a player. Walking away from the Den after losing I have actually run through my entire list of swear words. I have to say in my block in south upper people tend to keep their moans at quiet level. Once in a while someone who I have never seen before goes ape, normally leaning over the rail waving a fist at the players. Totally unacceptable.

Some moron who sat next to me in the first half was bad mouthing everyone from start to finish and when they scored went berserk :shake:

Totally out of control 🤦‍♂️

Fortunately he later moved elsewhere and I was left to watch the dross in peace 🕊️
This reminds me of a funny incident at home last season. I forget the game (but it was feb/march) some irregular but obviously someone who must have been irregular for a long time. All the first half he was cunting off everyone in a blue shirt. We were all a bit frustrated, and this guy shouts ‘I could be getting laid now’. We had a laugh because he’d have been doing us a favour too, and luckily he never came out for the second half.

There was probably a lot of grunting noises coming from a trap in the bogs in the second half.

It's the same at the Den depending where you sit. You can be lucky or unlucky to be near a div with plenty to say. These strings are regulars and ST holders. We are no different to most clubs now in regards to fuckwits and mouthy cunts that can't back it up. Booze and other stimulants isn't helping the situation. We have a type of fan that think they're upholding our off the pitch rep by abusing people and turning on the team they've handed over good money support.

I always thought that what happened with Burey and then Rowett would set a bad precedent and empower the fuckwits. There are fans that believe they had a hand in getting Rowett gone by there actions. I believe it did have some baring on his decision to go. Burey fucked of too. Anytime they ain't happy and want there way they will do what they believe worked on there last target.

This isn't going to end, if anything it will get worse. Again- societal change and pure self entitlement with a large dollop of delusion and a shit load of arrogance.

My opinion is that although we are getting big gates part of us is dying out. It's only a generational thing that has made sure the change/ evolution is a slow process but it/ we ain't that far off being near unrecognisable to what we knew and loved. Societal changes also playing a part.

There's at least ten of us that won't be renewing our ST's next season. All lifers with 40 plus years time served. Can't be fucked anymore cause it isn't the same club that it was ten year ago never mind 40. Hopefully the know it alls that sit here barking out instructions from the comfort of there living rooms on a matchday might actually go and support the club for a change.

We have an impatient younger generation that are accustomed to instant gratification and when demanded. On top of that they don't understand Millwall nor it's history or place in the footballing pyramid. They don't care about facts, realities, financial disparities they just want success and now. Have to add the obvious which is we also have older fans that are more or less of the same mindset.

You only have to read some of the shit, bed wetting and flounces on here. There are many fans that would be happy to see our board risk our existence by chucking money about like confetti and all for selfish reasons------- The fucking premier league--------- The pinnacle of cuntdom. A fucking saps wet dream. The same cunts that have meltdowns when we lose, predict our demise and relegation as early as November. The same cunts that think they know more than geezers that have been involved in football for the same amount of time that the bed wetters have been cunts- Decades and counting.

Can you imagine what they'd be like if we were in the premier league?? Fuck me it don't bare thinking about. It's quite funny to see the usual crank and suspects slowly realize that JOE isn't a fucking magician and that he's got the same issue as Rowett had and what the next four managers will have- restrictions and limitations. We've always had them so how fucking thick are these turbo muppetts that demand play off spots and more??

That little run of wins and draws in December put an end to the excuses after a defeat- it's Rowetts team, poor Joe has been left with shit etc. Well those wins and points accumalated has put that one to bed. I'd be slightly embarrassed too! It wasn't Rowetts fucking team that beat Norwich- it was Joes ( vomit) but it was Rowetts team when we lost to Leicester and Cardiff. So now Rowett is no longer a valid excuse Edwards will be next albiet slowly.

You could see it on the match thread and just back thread. Question marks being raised, doubts creeping in, suggestions of what Joe should have done ( which means he should have done what they wanted.)After the event and with the benefit of hindsight of course. A run of defeats and normal service will be resumed by the same poster LWTL in particular plus a few others. That will happen in the stadium and hey presto we'll need another manager :clap::clap:

We might play nicer football under Edwards. He will get his own players in but i don't think it'll change our fortunes. I don't think he'll get anywhere near where Rowett had us. What a great relegation that was eh Dave! What a way to go down mate, we played some great stuff and i don't care if we end up in the conference as long as it's pretty and not pragmatic ball that Harris and Rowett played.
This says it all “We have an impatient younger generation that are accustomed to instant gratification and when demanded”.

Gen Z and millennials turn to a device for all daily activities — grocery shopping included — to consume their news. Instagram accounts and TikTok videos have become their new nightly news. According to a 2022 survey 50% of Gen Z respondents reported using social media daily as their primary news source, with only 13% utilising online news sites. I.e the same fuckwits as themselves leading to a self perpetuating environment of ignorance.

This reminds me of a funny incident at home last season. I forget the game (but it was feb/march) some irregular but obviously someone who must have been irregular for a long time. All the first half he was cunting off everyone in a blue shirt. We were all a bit frustrated, and this guy shouts ‘I could be getting laid now’. We had a laugh because he’d have been doing us a favour too, and luckily he never came out for the second half.

There was probably a lot of grunting noises coming from a trap in the bogs in the second half.
Yeah. Laid out😡

I was in the top tier front row just to the left of the goal. One young idiot just behind me - must have been stood almost next to Tom Bradshaw and his family - actually said to his mate on the final whistle ‘I’ll clump anyone who claps that rabble’ meaning the players. That’s the mentality we are now surrounded by.

I’ve sat here for several years, surrounded by people I’ve got to know and get on well with, including a relation who sits on my right.

Why should I be, effectively, driven out by a moronic idiot? 🤷‍♂️

I think it’s only a matter of time before I say something to him, it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts 🤔
I understand that completely.
It was just a thought. Maybe there might be a seat available in the near vicinity, but not right next door to said idiot.
Perhaps the only thing might be to have a word in his shell like, perhaps before a match starts?
You never know, he MAY be reasonable about it. :eek!:

For the record I was in the end block for the first half (Y1) and the lads around me weren’t too bad. I was even impressed that one youngster knew the QPR fan with the sombrero & rattle was actually flying the Moroccan flag so wasn’t a Mexican c*** (you had to be there)
It was only when I moved into the middle block to get a better view that wished I’d took headphones, there was a bird in front of me going ape shit & a bloke with a pink cap waving JE & the players away after they came over at the end of the game.
Don’t get me wrong, we were shit but this level of abuse goes too far

At the end of the day, the players are doing a job. Which most of us do at whatever we work at or used to work at. OK, they're better paid than most of us but they're still doing a job. Now, most of us are probably alright at whatever it is we do but we all make mistakes and we all have good days and bad days. It's the same for the players. How would these supporters like it if people started giving them a bollocking in their jobs? There's few people doing a day's work deserve abuse, whether they're football players or whatever else.

I was in the top tier front row just to the left of the goal. One young idiot just behind me - must have been stood almost next to Tom Bradshaw and his family - actually said to his mate on the final whistle ‘I’ll clump anyone who claps that rabble’ meaning the players. That’s the mentality we are now surrounded by.
You should have clumped him :grinning:

I’ve sat here for several years, surrounded by people I’ve got to know and get on well with, including a relation who sits on my right.

Why should I be, effectively, driven out by a moronic idiot? 🤷‍♂️

I think it’s only a matter of time before I say something to him, it’ll be interesting to see how he reacts 🤔
I'll be back at games soon and will be happy to support you if you feel the need to have a word.

Bring it on, would have been my reply.

At the end of the day, the players are doing a job. Which most of us do at whatever we work at or used to work at. OK, they're better paid than most of us but they're still doing a job. Now, most of us are probably alright at whatever it is we do but we all make mistakes and we all have good days and bad days. It's the same for the players. How would these supporters like it if people started giving them a bollocking in their jobs? There's few people doing a day's work deserve abuse, whether they're football players or whatever else.
I say the exact same to the constant nit pickers and armchair experts on here. We're all human and have good and bad days at work. They must be saint like in there every day lives.

It's the same at the Den depending where you sit. You can be lucky or unlucky to be near a div with plenty to say. These strings are regulars and ST holders. We are no different to most clubs now in regards to fuckwits and mouthy cunts that can't back it up. Booze and other stimulants isn't helping the situation. We have a type of fan that think they're upholding our off the pitch rep by abusing people and turning on the team they've handed over good money support.

I always thought that what happened with Burey and then Rowett would set a bad precedent and empower the fuckwits. There are fans that believe they had a hand in getting Rowett gone by there actions. I believe it did have some baring on his decision to go. Burey fucked of too. Anytime they ain't happy and want there way they will do what they believe worked on there last target.

This isn't going to end, if anything it will get worse. Again- societal change and pure self entitlement with a large dollop of delusion and a shit load of arrogance.

My opinion is that although we are getting big gates part of us is dying out. It's only a generational thing that has made sure the change/ evolution is a slow process but it/ we ain't that far off being near unrecognisable to what we knew and loved. Societal changes also playing a part.

There's at least ten of us that won't be renewing our ST's next season. All lifers with 40 plus years time served. Can't be fucked anymore cause it isn't the same club that it was ten year ago never mind 40. Hopefully the know it alls that sit here barking out instructions from the comfort of there living rooms on a matchday might actually go and support the club for a change.

We have an impatient younger generation that are accustomed to instant gratification and when demanded. On top of that they don't understand Millwall nor it's history or place in the footballing pyramid. They don't care about facts, realities, financial disparities they just want success and now. Have to add the obvious which is we also have older fans that are more or less of the same mindset.

You only have to read some of the shit, bed wetting and flounces on here. There are many fans that would be happy to see our board risk our existence by chucking money about like confetti and all for selfish reasons------- The fucking premier league--------- The pinnacle of cuntdom. A fucking saps wet dream. The same cunts that have meltdowns when we lose, predict our demise and relegation as early as November. The same cunts that think they know more than geezers that have been involved in football for the same amount of time that the bed wetters have been cunts- Decades and counting.

Can you imagine what they'd be like if we were in the premier league?? Fuck me it don't bare thinking about. It's quite funny to see the usual crank and suspects slowly realize that JOE isn't a fucking magician and that he's got the same issue as Rowett had and what the next four managers will have- restrictions and limitations. We've always had them so how fucking thick are these turbo muppetts that demand play off spots and more??

That little run of wins and draws in December put an end to the excuses after a defeat- it's Rowetts team, poor Joe has been left with shit etc. Well those wins and points accumalated has put that one to bed. I'd be slightly embarrassed too! It wasn't Rowetts fucking team that beat Norwich- it was Joes ( vomit) but it was Rowetts team when we lost to Leicester and Cardiff. So now Rowett is no longer a valid excuse Edwards will be next albiet slowly.

You could see it on the match thread and just back thread. Question marks being raised, doubts creeping in, suggestions of what Joe should have done ( which means he should have done what they wanted.)After the event and with the benefit of hindsight of course. A run of defeats and normal service will be resumed by the same poster LWTL in particular plus a few others. That will happen in the stadium and hey presto we'll need another manager :clap::clap:

We might play nicer football under Edwards. He will get his own players in but i don't think it'll change our fortunes. I don't think he'll get anywhere near where Rowett had us. What a great relegation that was eh Dave! What a way to go down mate, we played some great stuff and i don't care if we end up in the conference as long as it's pretty and not pragmatic ball that Harris and Rowett played.
Agree completely. And I came to the same decision as you about not renewing season ticket after covid cleared off. I was unsure at the time whether I was doing the right thing; before covid I used to hate missing a home game although since about 2016 that feeling had started waning a bit. But now I actually prefer picking and choosing games to go to. The place has changed so much in the last 20 years let alone since we moved, and I suppose I've probably changed a bit too. I don't need the 2024 version of Millwall every week like I needed the 2004 one.

As to idiots in the stands, obviously there has always been the odd prick here and there but yes, there seem to be hundreds attending every game nowadays. I tend to find they fall into two distinct categories;
1) Youngsters, as in under around 26 years old, who don't seem to understand our natural level of football and financial constraints. They don't necessarily appreciate the same things that I do in the game, like a crunching tackle or running until you drop, and seem to think that football is only enjoyable to watch if we're playing like Real Madrid... Which is unfortunate for them, because they will be perpetually disappointed, and
2) Pissed up, probably charlied up, thick as two short planks gobshites. Turn up occasionally, probably more interested in getting shitfaced than anything else. Usually overweight and couldn't run more than 100 yards themselves, but call the players lazy. Lots of mouth, wouldn't last 10 seconds in a proper fight.

Although, having said that, I do think supporters have every right to cunt off the team or a player if it is genuinely warranted. If someone is clearly not pulling their weight they need telling. And in return supporters shouldn't get precious when a player gives it back, like Moro did on occasion. However mindless abuse and slagging the team off for not being Manchester City is boring and brainless.

Don’t understand it either or get what they’re trying to achieve. Like most – if not all – on here I’ve thought WTF when player A comes on instead of player B or let out a “for fucks sake” when a chance goes begging or a soft goal is conceded. But I thought the ‘Millwall Way’ was to get louder and louder after a fuck up not turn on the players.

Noticed it’s happening both home and away more last couple of seasons. At Stoke, just before Xmas, there were a few that jeered and gave ‘thumbs down’ when the players came over at the end. Admittingly it wasn’t the best of games but we didn’t lose and could have snatched a win in the last minute. Bet they would have reacted differently if Aidomo’s chance had gone in so, basically, their response to the game depended upon 10 seconds of play.

At Plymouth, earlier in the season, there was bloke late 20s/early 30s worse for wear trying to start a “Gary Rowett your football is shit” within the first 10 minutes. Why travel all that way on a cold Tuesday night with the aim of singing that. At the end he was at the front celebrating with the players without any trace of irony.

As I see it, the players come over at the end to join in the celebrations when we win but, whatever the result, to respect the fans and to thank them for turning up and supporting them and the team. Even more so when we’re away. Not for any self-reflected glory. How would those who don’t return that respect react if they just walked off at the end and ignore the fans. I bet they’d be all over social media talking about a lack of respect etc.

They’re happy enough to sing “come rain or shine” at the start of every match but want it to be blazing sunshine at the end or else. Life, football – especially Millwall football - isn’t like that.

Ha ha! Good luck with that youngster! Ha!