Famous Millwall supporters

Gary Oldman (and his sister who I think played someone in EastEnders and lives or quite recently lived around Brocklehurst Street).
Correct mate. she her down there quite often. Laila Morse is her stage name- Maureen Oldman birth name. Used to see her all the time years ago when she still lived in Bermondey. Good as gold and a good laugh to boot. She had a tough old life. Domestic violence and drug addiction that got hold of a family member.

Craig Fairbrass from Londons Burning and other films. Used to run with us back in the day and could hold his hands up. He was clued up and on the ball, had a feeling he'd end up doing well for himself.

Tamer Hassan.

Greg Wallace

Good mate of mine and Peckham boy and welterweight boxer Johhny Garton

Last edited:

Dont forget Razors, lovely fella, had the pleasure of dropping him home to Chislehirst after a game once interesting stories about Helen Mirrun and Bob Hoskins
He was standing with a few of us at Old Trafford when we were in the first division.

Correct mate. she her down there quite often. Laila Morse is her stage name- Maureen Oldman birth name. Used to see her all the time years ago when she still lived in Bermondey. Good as gold and a good laugh to boot. She had a tough old life. Domestic violence and drug addiction that got hold of a family member.
Occasionally saw her at the shops in Ilderton Road.

Wasn't part of the inspiration behind the film Nil by Mouth based on that?

Craig Fairbrass from Londons Burning and other films. Used to run with us back in the day and could hold his hands up. He was clued up and on the ball, had a feeling he'd end up doing well for himself.

Tamer Hassan.

Greg Wallace

Good mate of mine and Peckham boy and welterweight boxer Johhny Garton
How's Garton getting on these days now he's retired?

Very well known in the music business but maybe not so famous to the punters, Bruce Forsyth's music director and pianist for 30 years, 'Don Hunt'. He was a regular down The Den, especially the old place. Like most of us on here he was Millwall mad.

😁
Knew Don well .....as a kid stood with him and his mates on the floodlight corner between cbl and halfway. A true gent and a great sense of humour. One of his group was management at Bromley FC. Both millwall mad

Knew Don well .....as a kid stood with him and his mates on the floodlight corner between cbl and halfway. A true gent and a great sense of humour. One of his group was management at Bromley FC. Both millwall mad
Yes, that was his favourite spot. He had a very dry sense of humour.
Have you heard the Podcast with Don, if not, here you go:

Gary Oldman lived in Hatcham Park Road (close to the 5 Bells). He went to my old school (West Greenwich) but well after I’d left. Danny Baker went there as well (WG) and I always liked him then. I can understand some of the vitriol he seems to generate now. Really shot himself in the foot over the taking the knee business.

Heard he’s alright. Bought the whole pub a drink in his old local in Nunhead when he popped in there after a game recently.
I think he's alright, He came Into the Waverly Arms with his boy a few years ago after a game, was sitting there talking to my Godfather for a while then came over and started speaking to my Old Man as he remembered him. Turns out they all knew each other from drinking back In the day. The funny thing Is, at the time me and my Dad would often watch Masterchef and he had no Idea until that moment that he was the same bald greengrocer Greg Wallace that he used to know. Fucking wally.

I would have added this name earlier, but was scouring the net first as I remember seeing something about the cricketer John Emburey supported Millwall as he was born in Peckham.