Edwards out - Harris in

I am speechless. I literally don't know what to say.
50% of me thinks this is not a good idea.
The other 50% of me thinks this is a very bad idea.
100% of me thinks it’s a bad idea. I’m devastated. We are now down. It’s not blood and guts required, it’s tactical nouse, which bomber hasn’t - IMO.

I hope I’m wrong, but this feels like a poorly thought out appointment. I’d rather the club brought in experienced people to help Joe, rather than give Harris the reigns. Tell me what back room staff Harris can bring - other than a backward sidewards Livermore. I’m fckin fuming!

100% of me thinks it’s a bad idea. I’m devastated. We are now down. It’s not blood and guts required, it’s tactical nouse, which bomber hasn’t - IMO.

I hope I’m wrong, but this feels like a poorly thought out appointment. I’d rather the club brought in experienced people to help Joe, rather than give Harris the reigns. Tell me what back room staff Harris can bring - other than a backward sidewards Livermore. I’m fckin fuming!

We are not down. Nowhere near. We would have been under Edwards. If Harris' win percentage over his career is transferred to our last 13 games then we will more than likely be safe.

Other than crawling over broken glass and begging Rowett this was the best option we had. I honestly didn't think Harris would come back but to his credit he has.

We are not down. Nowhere near. We would have been under Edwards. If Harris' win percentage over his career is transferred to our last 13 games then we will more than likely be safe.

Other than crawling over broken glass and begging Rowett this was the best option we had. I honestly didn't think Harris would come back but to his credit he has.
Sacked at Cardiff and Gillingham, but okay for a club fighting for survival in the Championship against championship and arguably premiership management teams.

Absolutely no from me - but alas he will get my full support, as will the sulky cunts on £10k + a week that aren’t happy to run around if they don’t like thier managers tactics.

As it stands today - I’d sack the lot of the cunts.

Sacked at Cardiff and Gillingham, but okay for a club fighting for survival in the Championship against championship and arguably premiership management teams.

Absolutely no from me - but alas he will get my full support, as will the sulky cunts on £10k + a week that aren’t happy to run around if they don’t like thier managers tactics.

As it stands today - I’d sack the lot of the cunts.

After taking Cardiff from nowhere to the play-offs. Since he left, Cardiff have been in exactly the same position and have gone through four or five managers. After taking over at Gillingham when they were 8 points from safety he nearly saved them from relegation and was sacked despite them being 3rd in the league. Took Cambridge from 4th bottom to mid table.

You know what? He's actually a pretty good manager. He also deserves our respect and thanks for taking over when he didn't have to.

I'm glad you said he will get your full support. If this club is united then we can move mountains as we have done so many times before. He's got a hard job ahead but it says a lot about Neil Harris that he is prepared to take that on. Once again, he deserves massive respect for that alone.

I don’t think Harris is the right replacement and, certainly, not with an 18 month contract
I honestly don't think he'll stay beyond the season. I think he's the right man to take over given he knows a fair few of the players whom i think will put a shift in for him. After watching the Ipswich game i thought the players looked deflated and lost out on the pitch. There was no fight in them which is very much cause for concern. I'm more confident now that we can retain our status than i was after both the Ipswich and Sheffield games.

I honestly don't think he'll stay beyond the season. I think he's the right man to take over given he knows a fair few of the players whom i think will put a shift in for him. After watching the Ipswich game i thought the players looked deflated and lost out on the pitch. There was no fight in them which is very much cause for concern. I'm more confident now that we can retain our status than i was after both the Ipswich and Sheffield games.

I think he probably said if you are going to back me then back me and he's not wrong. If he saves us this season and then takes us to a boring mid table finish playing uninspiring but effective football (layers upon layers of irony) next season then job done and everything can be reassessed at that point.

I’m not happy with it at all. It’s the senior members of the club management I now don’t trust. Kavanagh must have the final say before James B? Therefore how have both of them not thought about the reshuffle of the back room staff. Joe Edwards was a choice based on the future style of football, so why not support the future style of football and get fkin busy on the team around him. Doesn’t make sense.

It’s like we just said “tried that and it didn’t work after 12 games” - let’s go call to the old style.

Madness, fkin madness.

That said, we now have one aim as a collective - to stay up, COYL

He's got a hard job ahead but it says a lot about Neil Harris that he is prepared to take that on. Once again, he deserves massive respect for that alone.
Yep. Before today's news i would have been happy with Barrett purely because he knows them so well and also knows what suits them best. That can also be said of Harris to some extent. The more i think about it the more i feel we have done the right thing in regards to staying in this division. That's all that matters right now and what happens after May can wait for another as far as i'm concerned.

Can't believe how it went downhill so quickly. From the Middlesbrough game on the 13th January to the Sheffield game on the 17th February. We're talking little over a month. It seems the players just stopped playing for him. I think that most supporters up until the QPR game ( not even 1 month ago) viewed the Edwards reign as a success. Not all but most. I've read comments today from other fans stating that the players weren't understanding the tactics but apart from the Ipswich and Coventry games back in November it seemed that they were. For the most part we looked relatively solid. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves because for me they've put us in this situation. I remember going for a coffee at half time against boro thinking we looked a decent outfit and should have been 2-0 or 3-0 up. From that moment onwards the players just seemed to 'give up'.

Anyway good luck Neil Harris..

Yep. Before today's news i would have been happy with Barrett purely because he knows them so well and also knows what suits them best. That can also be said of Harris to some extent. The more i think about it the more i feel we have done the right thing in regards to staying in this division. That's all that matters right now and what happens after May can wait for another as far as i'm concerned.

Harris has taken over at a very bad time and will need to conjure up a minor miracle. Confidence is at rock bottom and the entire club is unhappy. Fans, players, staff, even Lurch has got the hump. He has a lot to do and it won't be easy.

I agree with you about Barrett. I would have taken him over Edwards any day of the week. The bloke gets a hard time but he is responsible for attacking and defending set pieces amongst other things. We have one of the best records for both over the last four seasons so he isn't some dickhead just hanging around waiting for his wages. There's more than likely a good reason he has been kept on by the last three managers, namely that he is loyal, works hard and does a decent job. No other reason.

Very few managers will stand for that because it looks like they;re being undermined. Edwards had an experienced man alongside him in Myers. They had worked together before albeit it at youth level.

Spot on. Although the better managers welcome staff that challenge them and speak up. Mainly because it makes them think and because ultimately, the manager makes the final decisions and they have the power.

even Lurch has got the hump.
I see him in the car park the other week and noticed a big bulge in his trouser pocket. I asked him- what's that lump in your pocket Lurch? It's a photo of me dad :hehe:

I see him after the game getting chased down Ilderton road by a load of kids. He kept shouting- fuck off i ain't got your football

I then see him a bit later in the pub looking depressed and i half felt sorry for him so i offered to buy him a booze- What you drinking Lurch? Whiskey please Peckham, no problem, bells alright?------ don't you fucking start as well

:sorry:

Very few managers will stand for that because it looks like they;re being undermined. Edwards had an experienced man alongside him in Myers. They had worked together before albeit it at youth level.
Yes... and I can't help but feel Edwards kinda suffered from 'little man syndrome' which meant he would have had a dummy spit with that set up.

I’m not sure if bringing back Bomber is the right move or not, in the absence of any other option then I think it is about the best we can hope for to get us out of the disastrous situation we find ourselves in right now.

One thing I do know is that it was 100% right call to fire Edwards, in years to come we will look back and wonder what on earth we was doing in appointing him in the first place. Although many people are pointing the finger at kavanagh and Aldridge let’s not forget that a large number of the fanbase was also culpable in this mess.

It was the noisy online bores that drove away a perfectly competent and capable manager in the first place and then they were delighted with Edwards coming using stupid phrases like project, vision, and possession along with a rather odd and to be honest slightly disturbing obsession with ‘Chelsea youngsters’. The whole thing has been an huge exercise in self harm and a lesson to the custodians of the club not to listen to self appointed social media armchair experts.

Can't believe how it went downhill so quickly. From the Middlesbrough game on the 13th January to the Sheffield game on the 17th February. We're talking little over a month. It seems the players just stopped playing for him. I think that most supporters up until the QPR game ( not even 1 month ago) viewed the Edwards reign as a success. Not all but most. I've read comments today from other fans stating that the players weren't understanding the tactics but apart from the Ipswich and Coventry games back in November it seemed that they were. For the most part we looked relatively solid. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves because for me they've put us in this situation. I remember going for a coffee at half time against boro thinking we looked a decent outfit and should have been 2-0 or 3-0 up. From that moment onwards the players just seemed to 'give up'.

Anyway good luck Neil Harris..
I think more will come out , lots of rumours been going round about players having meetings without him there and burnley striker not playing for him. Dont know if theres any truth in them .

After hearing on here that the players had a meeting without Edwards, which obviously meant they were not happy, it matters not a jot who is in charge of the team, if they players are not happy, they will resort to not giving a fuck and throwing whoever is in charge under the bus. Thinking back, wasn't a certain Mr Harris involved in something similar against some northern mugs who gave us a shalacking 0-6 first game of the season? I don't think for a minute it would happen but it's pause for thought, who the fuck do these players think they are, prepared to let us get relegated, think about it and ask yourself if you could stomach doing that yourself if you were wearing the shirt. I'll get behind Harris ( if I was actually there of course ) I happened to post that I thought that given time Edwards would be a great manager for us, little did I realise that the players were simply not capable of playing a certain way and Edwards simply not capable of changing to adapt. Ho hum, whatever will be will be I guess.

I’m not sure if bringing back Bomber is the right move or not, in the absence of any other option then I think it is about the best we can hope for to get us out of the disastrous situation we find ourselves in right now.

One thing I do know is that it was 100% right call to fire Edwards, in years to come we will look back and wonder what on earth we was doing in appointing him in the first place. Although many people are pointing the finger at kavanagh and Aldridge let’s not forget that a large number of the fanbase was also culpable in this mess.

It was the noisy online bores that drove away a perfectly competent and capable manager in the first place and then they were delighted with Edwards coming using stupid phrases like project, vision, and possession along with a rather odd and to be honest slightly disturbing obsession with ‘Chelsea youngsters’. The whole thing has been an huge exercise in self harm and a lesson to the custodians of the club not to listen to self appointed social media armchair experts.
As much as I agree with this, I wouldn't call the support at Norwich Online bores, they paid good money to watch that and it was this, live on TV, that seemed to spark the revolution to greater heights. It's all about opions, Im sure there is not a single Millwall supporter on here who thought after Sheff Wed in his first game......That Joe Edwards is a big mistake, he hasn't got a clue what he is doing, we will get relegated with him in charge. All we can do now is get behind Harris and hope the team do the same.

The players have to take a lot of the stick for getting us into this situation, I've heard the 'don't understand tactics' excuse from U18's and its just an excuse for thinking it's ok just to go through the motions rather than run your nuts off, there pro footballers the second goal at Cov showed either how slow Cooper is or how little he wanted to catch the player same for other goals conceded (not just Coops) gutted for JE as hoped it was a new direction but the system required 3 ball playing defenders to me we had 1 in Joe Bryon - bringing Bomber back in will hopefully bring the desire wtf do we know as long as it works

Members online