Edwards out - Harris in

Harris on why 18 months

That's the first time I have read the reasons from Neil Harris himself, as to why he really left originally. It looks like the Luton game was the final straw I suppose, and not just all down to that night.

It's a good, honest interview and sheds some light on most things, including why he took this current gig.

Good luck to him.

That's the first time I have read the reasons from Neil Harris himself, as to why he really left originally. It looks like the Luton game was the final straw I suppose, and not just all down to that night.

It's a good, honest interview and sheds some light on most things, including why he took this current gig.

Good luck to him.
And well motivated for Saturday as you can imagine. 👍

I just can’t help remembering what his football ended up like and the fact Gills fans labelled him Nil Harris, because of his negative set up. It worries me that we’re about to go back to dull cowardly defensive football.

It feels like a ridiculous appointment but he will get my backing with his pal sideways backwards Livermore.

I hope im wrong as I’ll be the first to put my hands up say my concerns were ill founded.
COYL.

I just can’t help remembering what his football ended up like and the fact Gills fans labelled him Nil Harris, because of his negative set up. It worries me that we’re about to go back to dull cowardly defensive football.

It feels like a ridiculous appointment but he will get my backing with his pal sideways backwards Livermore.

I hope im wrong as I’ll be the first to put my hands up say my concerns were ill founded.
COYL.
I think he'll do until May. Needed a kick up the arse from someone and Harris fits the bill. I don't think he'll overstay his welcome.

Last edited:
Watching the interview Harris gave and the amount of times he said the words "leading" "leadership" "lead" makes me think that was one of the many issues with Edwards.

I know there are some who think Edwards was taken out of context when he made the "it's a grind" comments but if you are the main man at the club you cannot say things like that. You just can't. What message does that send to the players, staff and fans?
I agree although leaders are now encouraged to be more transparent and even display vulnerability.

Is Neil Harris the way forward for the future? In my book, no...

However, at the moment, it's all about restoring confidence and morale.
I think most managers coming in would need more than thirteen games to do that without really knowing the club and players and no new signings. NH has a habit of doing those two important things I mentioned quite quickly, originally with us and then his three other clubs.

In a nutshell, I can't think of anyone more equipped than him to get the results and points needed. He knows the club inside out and has a big passion for Millwall with a massive amount of enthusiasm for the place.

He knows what the die hard supporters want and he will try his hardest to deliver. I remember when he took over from that dribbling Wurzel twonk, recent results weren't going our way and we went a goal behind at home to The Spotters. They were going mad down the other end, they knew we were shit and thought this was their moment, in our back yard...was it fuck, Neil Harris had other ideas.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Members online