Best keeper you've seen in a wall jersey?

Best keeper at wall down the years

• Bart

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Archer

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sansome

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Stepney

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Denzil

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Forde

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Keller

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Horne

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • King

Votes: 38 33.6%

• Total voters
Looks like a two horse race at it stands between Keller and King. Definitely a generational thing going on here.

How very dare you Peckham, what a bar steward starting a thread on Millwall and best goalkeepers in the clubs history

Joking aside it might be our greatest and best as far as the quality goes position.,

Bit like you and may be a few others Never saw stepney, many say he was the best from chatting to fans down the years
King , Horne, Keller so close for me,
Many fans go for the ones they recall when young and sometimes forget they made mistakes so i am going King ha
Loved Horney as Hurlock said about him "just a kid brilliant wasnt he" You can tell when his talking he really loved Brian Horne

In some ways my favourite ever millwall keeper moment Bournemouth Away 89
When Horne saved that penalty, AND at the end where the wall fans were

Then someone comes along and says to yer "what better than Kellers at the Bridge v Chelsea" ?
Thats why its so hard

Tin hat on and getting my coat, someone will be on in a minute with "wheres fucking Lawrie Leslie on the list"
or if you were on the other site "where the fuck is Lawrie Leslie you fking Mug on that list"

Malcolm Finlayson another from the past,
Yes a lucky Position for us Goalkeeper, Dont even think Long is as bad as some say, They should have seen Pat Cuff !

;)

Edit Also really liked Fordey and what a real nice bloke, spoke to him a few times outside, Showed real class as well recently one of the first coming back for JB
Have pm'd you mate.

He pulled off some amazing saves at times, ones you think no keeper would stop and up he pops. Then he'd have a nightmare a few minutes later. Possibly isssues staying focussed which was a shame cause he was a great athlete. Last thing i heard of him was he was reserve at QPR. Another case of what could have been!

Remember King saving from Rodney Marsh at QPHAHA.
HE WAS on his left hand post shuffled 2 steps then dived to the right , caught it before it went in top right hand corner.
Probably the best save I've ever seen

Branagan, Crossley, Spink, Maik Taylor and Gueret were all decent in my opinion. I liked Keller but if i remember correctly not too good on crosses. Horne was a great shot stopper but vulnerable to being lobbed. Not seen some on the list so going for Bart.

For me and my age, it has to be Keller. And as much as I loved Denzil, I thought that Marshall was the better keeper of the 2.

King for me, never saw Stepney play for Wall. Honourable mention for Denzil very good keeper and top bloke, was proper Wall once he signed for us. Never forget him running the length of the pitch at Watford when Bomber scored after his illness, one of my all time Millwall highlights

Staff online

Members online