Best keeper you've seen in a wall jersey?

Best keeper at wall down the years

• Bart

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Archer

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sansome

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Stepney

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Denzil

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Forde

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Keller

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Horne

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • King

Votes: 38 33.6%

• Total voters
Even though I had a Bryan King rosette, I voted for Brian Horne all them appearances in our promotion season. Champions.

John Jackson was when I started going. Next in was Pat ‘The tree’. Had some good since, my vote is Keller. Don’t think he was a regular starter for the yanks then, but Fordey was a regular for Ireland. This thread is like poking a hornets nest .. 😂😂

Voted Stepney, but there are plenty of very good goalkeepers listed and some not , Jim Standen another name.

Brian King followed by Alex Stepney, albeit the latter made the best ever save I’ve witnessed when he plucked a Charlie Livesey thunderbolt out of the air in the top left hand corner of his goal at the CBL👏👏

The rest are miles behind these two.

Malcolm Finlayson (who’s not in the list) was also very useful and went on to have a stellar career with Wolves and Scotland 👍

Last edited:
Keller closely followed by Horne

did not see any keepers before that not old enough

Denzil and Forde after that.

Fordey for me has been our best and most consistent keeper over the last 10/15 years IMO.

Shit thing about being a keeper is one mistake can make you look a shadow of your former self and potentially resulting in your career going downhill very quick... Karius from Liverpool springs to mind after the Champs league final.

Similar to Archer... There was a point he was Scotland's No. 2/3 whilst with us when he was performing well. One bad season, resulted to him being on the decline... Think it was an attitude thing too with Archer if I'm not mistaken?

The others were a little before my time, but interesting to see we've not had a great keeper realistically since before Forde!

First 3 keepers I saw were Stepney, Leslie and King.
Bryan King gets my vote but all three of those were excellent.
Does anyone remember Brian Gambrill playing instead of Stepney against Peterborough in a cup tie? Ex paratrooper.
I didn’t see that game but think we lost
4-1 at home.