Benik Afobe

Does nothing but mis controls the ball., Under hits the simplest of passes when attacking ,cannot not remember the last time he won an ball in the air challenge , movement unless it's over the top is zilch and seems to take to much time when a chance comes along.Cannot see how he plays a full 90 minutes everyweek, will score the odd goal and everyone forgets about the crap he plays like for most of the game.....has not been with so.many clubs for nothing...he is and cannot play a No 9 role.

Really hoped he’d be great when he signed, especially when his loan years ago was cut short.Haven’t got the hump with him and praying that he’d get loads. Great goal against wba but why did Arse let him go and he’s had more clubs than tiger woods ..,.?

He seems to have the potential but I'm not sure he has the workrate.

There's something missing :shake:
Re Burke, I couldn’t agree more.
Silver has twice said “he had his moments” He made three good runs last night and sent over a couple of crosses but:
He looks completely disinterested when he hasn’t got the ball, points to someone else when Danny tries to take a throw in, so far he’s probably got the worst body language of a player I’ve ever seen, ok, he might be unfit but at the moment I’ve got him down as a wage thief (& I really hope I’m proved wrong)

The club tried for loans but couldn't get them, don't know what else they can do if clubs can't agree a deal.
I’m sorry but we had every intention of letting two strikers go, already knew we couldn’t recall Olaofe as was past the deadline, so we should have had targets lined up even before Bradshaw was injured. To leave ourselves with 1 senior striker in the entire club, for a championship club is disgraceful. We aren’t a Sunday league team!

we should have had targets lined up even before Bradshaw was injured.
We did have, but for one reason or another the deals didn't happen. So many factors involved to bring someone into a club these days its unbelievable.
Jed can do a job up front in my opinion, which maybe why we brought in Freeman to cover that wing position if Jed moves up. We do have options if we want to use them.
I'd still had let Bod and Smith go, wasn't getting a look in and both wasn't particularly good enough. In the long run it's saving us money in the wages for the next 6 months, which then in turn we have a little extra in the next window. I think GR has probably sussed out that we will finish between 21st and 7th, and no need to be (or look) desperate.
It's obvious we need a striker, perhaps if its obvious to us then it's obvious to other teams, so when approaching they may hike the price of someone as they know we are in need... and then what's the point in paying over the odds for someone?

If we was in the relegation zone I'd understand your point alot more but it isn't our position. We can get through the rest of the season with what we have. If we'd signed a striker we still wouldn't be chasing the top 6 or falling into the bottom 3 so no need to panic. If we do not sign a striker at the end of the season then I'd be worried, but that won't be the case.

I'm hopeful GR saw that we started to play better with a big man little man combo and work on that when the time comes. The season is pretty much nullified so best to start building and scouting properly for the next.

We did have, but for one reason or another the deals didn't happen. So many factors involved to bring someone into a club these days its unbelievable.
Jed can do a job up front in my opinion, which maybe why we brought in Freeman to cover that wing position if Jed moves up. We do have options if we want to use them.
I'd still had let Bod and Smith go, wasn't getting a look in and both wasn't particularly good enough. In the long run it's saving us money in the wages for the next 6 months, which then in turn we have a little extra in the next window. I think GR has probably sussed out that we will finish between 21st and 7th, and no need to be (or look) desperate.
It's obvious we need a striker, perhaps if its obvious to us then it's obvious to other teams, so when approaching they may hike the price of someone as they know we are in need... and then what's the point in paying over the odds for someone?

If we was in the relegation zone I'd understand your point alot more but it isn't our position. We can get through the rest of the season with what we have. If we'd signed a striker we still wouldn't be chasing the top 6 or falling into the bottom 3 so no need to panic. If we do not sign a striker at the end of the season then I'd be worried, but that won't be the case.

I'm hopeful GR saw that we started to play better with a big man little man combo and work on that when the time comes. The season is pretty much nullified so best to start building and scouting properly for the next.
We clearly are better with two strikers (particularly Afobe, he can’t be on his own) and also clearly better when we ditch the 5 at the back. Rowett hasn’t learned either of those things in his time here.

We clearly are better with two strikers (particularly Afobe, he can’t be on his own) and also clearly better when we ditch the 5 at the back. Rowett hasn’t learned either of those things in his time here.
I'd definitely agree with points 1 and 2 there. But I'd think we'd agree to disagree on the GR learning point. He isnt a silly man.

I'd definitely agree with points 1 and 2 there. But I'd think we'd agree to disagree on the GR learning point. He isnt a silly man.

I don’t think he has learned from his mistakes during his time here. Or it certainly takes him too long.

5 at the back is not for us, it hinders us massively.

I’m sorry but we had every intention of letting two strikers go, already knew we couldn’t recall Olaofe as was past the deadline, so we should have had targets lined up even before Bradshaw was injured.
We did but couldn;t get them. Regardless of that neither of the two that left were going to get any game time so i think it's prudent to get two wages off the books. Two players have come in so two had to go. it's as simple as that.

We did but couldn;t get them. Regardless of that neither of the two that left were going to get any game time so i think it's prudent to get two wages off the books. Two players have come in so two had to go. it's as simple as that.

Have you heard the recent rumours about GR and the board? Doesn’t sound good.

I got it on a WhatsApp message. One of ours quite rightly said "lets shut the fuck up and stop running our club down" we don't know what goes on and it takes one stupid comment from some dick in the car park to upset the club.
It don't help. Lets see.

Haven’t seen or heard anything , what’s the crack.
Don’t tell me he believed them when they promised him a bucket load of cash for transfers:shake:

I have now. It's no surprise if the board want to go down a different route. I said a few weeks ago that Rowett won't get any money to spend in January and certainly not for players over a certain age.