Atmosphere Tonight

MillwallSam

Back to what we all know it can be/should be!

The players gave absolutely everything tonight and the crowd carried them over the line spurred on by the hate for Barnes and that useless cunt of a Ref! A proper Millwall atmosphere under the lights!

Foreigners everywhere outside the club shop putting on their newly bought shirts and one dopey cunt pouring sugar all over his chips in the Millwall Cafe :lol:

CBL Block 11 almost entirely made up of Dutch and German types tonight but they wouldn’t have heard an atmosphere like that!

Just shows what happens when us regulars stand up and sing regardless of who is amongst us! Remember, they like most fans are in awe of us!

COYL!

Back to what we all know it can be/should be!

The players gave absolutely everything tonight and the crowd carried them over the line spurred on by the hate for Barnes and that useless cunt of a Ref! A proper Millwall atmosphere under the lights!

Foreigners everywhere outside the club shop putting on their newly bought shirts and one dopey cunt pouring sugar all over his chips in the Millwall Cafe :lol:

CBL Block 11 almost entirely made up of Dutch and German types tonight but they wouldn’t have heard an atmosphere like that!

Just shows what happens when us regulars stand up and sing regardless of who is amongst us! Remember, they like most fans are in awe of us!

COYL!
Yep. Just shows that all this nonsense about the tourists killing the atmosphere is… well… nonsense.

I’ve been one to criticise the lack of atmosphere recently but I’ll hold my hands up and admit that last night was bang on. It was driven by a 100% committed performance, a shit ref and an opposition who clearly thought that we were beneath them.

Seeing the tackles flying in, the Norwich bench and subs getting a torrent of abuse while their players lost their heads was fantastic, even the ball boys were getting involved. It just shows how much of a force we can be when we’re all on the same page, gone was the passive players and moaning fans. It was noisy and aggressive with that little undercurrent of menace that we’ve been lacking for a while.

There is life in the old lion yet.

Absolutely cracking atmosphere with the Den rocking to the foundations. It’s been a long while since it has been that intense. Hats off to Zac, the ball boy near to block 29. As their bloke went over to get the ball from him he threw it away much to the disgust of the attacker. The crowd loved it. And as they get more riled and we get more aggressive they play into our hands by getting the crowd really fired up. It was real top draw stuff from the faithful and I loved it. As the Green Day bloke said there are times when it gets effing mental. Great. Bring it on.
Joe clearly got caught up in it and clapped the crowd vigorously at the death. Boss, that’s what it is like at times!

Six of my family lapped up the atmosphere during the QPR win and it’s a shame they weren’t there last night because it would have made the hairs on their necks stand up 👍

Over the years there have been many memorable nights watching Millwall and, for me, last night joined that long list 👏

Last edited:
Funny really, loads of complaints when we don’t kick off at three o’clock on a Saturday because of Sky etc & it turns out that a Friday night produced the best atmosphere of the season :shrug:
Sky must have had a breakdown after seeing a Millwall performance like that.

It couldn't have happened against a more worthy, entitled, two bob club, than Carrot crunching Norwich City.

They must think we are a real bunch of basket cases. The last time we played them, up their place, our lot were singing how shit our football is and the manager is getting sacked in the morning. Last night, led by a 37 year old coach, they were taught a lesson in real club passion, from players right through to the supporters. A top night all round and a terrific way to end the Championship year for us.

:clap:

It couldn't have happened against a more worthy, entitled, two bob club, than Carrot crunching Norwich City.

They must think we are a real bunch of basket cases. The last time we played them, up their place, our lot were singing how shit our football is and the manager is getting sacked in the morning. Last night, led by a 37 year old coach, they were taught a lesson in real club passion, from players right through to the supporters. A top night all round and a terrific way to end the Championship year for us.

:clap:
My hearing is poor but I’m sure I heard them comparing last night to a library! 😉

Absolutely cracking atmosphere with the Den rocking to the foundations. It’s been a long while since it has been that intense. Hats off to Zac, the ball boy near to block 29. As their bloke went over to get the ball from him he threw it away much to the disgust of the attacker. The crowd loved it. And as they get more riled and we get more aggressive they play into our hands by getting the crowd really fired up. It was real top draw stuff from the faithful and I loved it. As the Green Day bloke said there are times when it gets effing mental. Great. Bring it on.
Joe clearly got caught up in it and clapped the crowd vigorously at the death. Boss, that’s what it is like at times!
Shame Green Day weren’t there and nor was I sadly 🙁

I’ve been one to criticise the lack of atmosphere recently but I’ll hold my hands up and admit that last night was bang on. It was driven by a 100% committed performance, a shit ref and an opposition who clearly thought that we were beneath them.

Seeing the tackles flying in, the Norwich bench and subs getting a torrent of abuse while their players lost their heads was fantastic, even the ball boys were getting involved. It just shows how much of a force we can be when we’re all on the same page, gone was the passive players and moaning fans. It was noisy and aggressive with that little undercurrent of menace that we’ve been lacking for a while.

“that little undercurrent of menace” Exactly! 👍

Even the ball boys.....
Excellent. Proper hostile territory for any visiting team.
If Carlsberg did football crowds.......