Atmosphere Tonight

Can any one who was there confirm that the Norwich fans were chanting USA USA like a bunch of mongs when their sub Sargent came on?.

I’ve seen many a comment on here and social media in the last few months about our atmosphere. More ‘sold out’ home games than I can remember us ever having, and yet more often than not the place was flat. I’ll be the first to admit a few of the games such as Palace at home in the cup I expected there to be more bite and there just wasn’t.

Many have been quick to point the finger at ‘tourists’ which Friday night proved is complete bollocks.

They are coming in their droves every week, paying £35 a time and coming out with arm fulls of XXXL training gear from the club shop - good luck to them as it is fantastic for the club.

What makes a Millwall atmosphere is a combination of things. Big games help to get things started, but it doesn’t have to be one necessarily. 7-8k of our lot can make as much noise as 30,000 at times.

The commitment of the players - high energy, diligent pressing, putting bodies on the line, resolute defending and the odd big tackle here and there.

Attacking with intensity and desire and keeping our foot on the oppositions throat. Playing as a team and for each other.

Lastly a referee that is clearly against us, as was the case on Friday. Shitty officiating often works in our favour, in a strange way. Nothing seems to rile us up like a dodgy ref and I think it galvanises the players, too.

Fridays game was a proper buzz, a decent performance although not as polished as Joe would like I’m sure. Only negative was Savilles suspension. The players, staff and supporters all seem so much more ‘together’ than a few weeks ago. Funny what a couple of wins can do.

I’ve seen many a comment on here and social media in the last few months about our atmosphere. More ‘sold out’ home games than I can remember us ever having, and yet more often than not the place was flat. I’ll be the first to admit a few of the games such as Palace at home in the cup I expected there to be more bite and there just wasn’t.

Many have been quick to point the finger at ‘tourists’ which Friday night proved is complete bollocks.

They are coming in their droves every week, paying £35 a time and coming out with arm fulls of XXXL training gear from the club shop - good luck to them as it is fantastic for the club.

What makes a Millwall atmosphere is a combination of things. Big games help to get things started, but it doesn’t have to be one necessarily. 7-8k of our lot can make as much noise as 30,000 at times.

The commitment of the players - high energy, diligent pressing, putting bodies on the line, resolute defending and the odd big tackle here and there.

Attacking with intensity and desire and keeping our foot on the oppositions throat. Playing as a team and for each other.

Lastly a referee that is clearly against us, as was the case on Friday. Shitty officiating often works in our favour, in a strange way. Nothing seems to rile us up like a dodgy ref and I think it galvanises the players, too.

Fridays game was a proper buzz, a decent performance although not as polished as Joe would like I’m sure. Only negative was Savilles suspension. The players, staff and supporters all seem so much more ‘together’ than a few weeks ago. Funny what a couple of wins can do.

Great post. Like the Millwall pervert that I am I watched the entire game back tonight. The amount of times I saw our players congratulate their team mates about tackles, interceptions, blocks and winning free-kicks were numerous. Make no mistake, this lot are totally as one and united.

Can any one who was there confirm that the Norwich fans were chanting USA USA like a bunch of mongs when their sub Sargent came on?.
Always have done with him, he is a top player when fit.
Need to remember that their away fans are generally under35 and middle class, used to winning and only real contact with other fans is only at matches as there is no other club in their County, it all leads to being in a bit of a football bubble which welcomes every bit of modern football life, they are a Premiership club in all respects except on the pitch.
Poor old Delia and her husband have sunk a huge amount of personal wealth into the club, given them a lot of success they wouldn't of otherwise got and the w@nkers in the stands want them out because they ain't putting even more into the club.
On the platform waiting for the first train to leave SB I did laugh when one of theirs said we shouldn't be their, the first train is a Norwich train.
Their old long in the tooth fans are the ones you'll enjoy a pint with but there's not so many of them still going.
The next few weeks are going to be fun for Mark and meself.

Always have done with him, he is a top player when fit.
Need to remember that their away fans are generally under35 and middle class, used to winning and only real contact with other fans is only at matches as there is no other club in their County, it all leads to being in a bit of a football bubble which welcomes every bit of modern football life, they are a Premiership club in all respects except on the pitch.
Poor old Delia and her husband have sunk a huge amount of personal wealth into the club, given them a lot of success they wouldn't of otherwise got and the w@nkers in the stands want them out because they ain't putting even more into the club.
On the platform waiting for the first train to leave SB I did laugh when one of theirs said we shouldn't be their, the first train is a Norwich train.
Their old long in the tooth fans are the ones you'll enjoy a pint with but there's not so many of them still going.
The next few weeks are going to be fun for Mark and meself.

The way it's all slowly panning out with Norwich and the owners has all the possible signs of entitlement and comedy gold like our friends over in SE7.
:grinning:

The way it's all slowly panning out with Norwich and the owners has all the possible signs of entitlement and comedy gold like our friends over in SE7.
:grinning:
They will always get 20k in the lower half of the Championship though, they have no competition whatsoever, 1 million people in Norfolk and only Kings Lynn as an alternative.
Next season, when they lose their parachute payments, they will go back to normal with fewer ST's and plenty available for pay on the day, which means those that havn't been able to get a ticket in the last couple of years will start to go again.
Sadly they won't drop as far as the Anoraks.

Yep. Just shows that all this nonsense about the tourists killing the atmosphere is… well… nonsense.
Had German, Dutch and American nearby in block 2 and I reckon there were many English there that weren't regulars and it was still a great atmosphere, no different to years ago.
Nights like Friday can only make them want to come back again and it don't take long before they are joining in, if they ain't already doing so.
A moment like seeing Cooper thrown to the ground and barnes not getting sent off can make a neutral suddenly realise he cares and it's okay to tell the ref he a cnut.

I think they have it off to a knack old Delia and her old man. Six relegations from the premier league means a fair whack of parachute payments.

I think they have it off to a knack old Delia and her old man. Six relegations from the premier league means a fair whack of parachute payments.
I do know that Delia and her Husband have never taken a penny from the club, put plenty in and have not stopped anyone else putting in money.
They are multi millionaires but live quite a simple life for people with that kind of money.
The money that has come into the club has been wasted but not by them, mainly wasted on transfer fees and wages, they don't interfere with the football side at all, they are just wealthy fans.
It's not as though anyone is queueing up to buy the club that lost 27m last season and will run out of parachute payments at the end of this one.

They will always get 20k in the lower half of the Championship though, they have no competition whatsoever, 1 million people in Norfolk and only Kings Lynn as an alternative.
Next season, when they lose their parachute payments, they will go back to normal with fewer ST's and plenty available for pay on the day, which means those that havn't been able to get a ticket in the last couple of years will start to go again.
Sadly they won't drop as far as the Anoraks.
Some might migrate to Ipswich especially if they go up!

Great post. Like the Millwall pervert that I am I watched the entire game back tonight. The amount of times I saw our players congratulate their team mates about tackles, interceptions, blocks and winning free-kicks were numerous. Make no mistake, this lot are totally as one and united.
Was it Millwall TV you watched it on Robbo?

I am not sure whether some of their fans might go to Portman Road next season if Ipswich go up. There is quite a bit of bad feeling between them both. My mate is an Ipswich fan and he always refers to the Canaries as the Budgies. Possibly the odd occasional Norwich fan might be persuaded to go to Portman Road if they are in the Premier League and are playing Man City. The majority though will be just following the Tractor Boys results and laughing when they get turned over every week. It’s a bit like saying that our allegiances might change from the Den to the Valium if….heaven forbid…our fortunes changed! Most of us would not even cross the road to watch the Red Red Robins, even if they were in the Champions League. That will never happen in my lifetime so it is not even worth considering

It’s a bit like saying that our allegiances might change from the Den to the Valium if….heaven forbid…our fortunes changed! Most of us would not even cross the road to watch the Red Red Robins, even if they were in the Champions League. That will never happen in my lifetime so it is not even worth considering
This!

Same as if Wall supporters went to watch the vermin (shudder) just to see them playing Man City in the PL!

Would never happen!

Even the days of Wall and spotter supporters watching each others clubs at home (when their own club was playing away that same day), are long, long gone now! Rivalry has always been fierce but boundary lines should never, ever be blurred!

This!

Same as if Wall supporters went to watch the vermin (shudder) just to see them playing Man City in the PL!

Would never happen!

Even the days of Wall and spotter supporters watching each others clubs at home (when their own club was playing away that same day), are long, long gone now! Rivalry has always been fierce but boundary lines should never, ever be blurred!
A couple of years ago my stepson phoned me up because he had a spare ticket for West Ham spurs he’s West Ham unfortunately his wife made him phone me told him to stick it up is arse he wasn’t offended just said I told her that can’t understand how anyone could go and watch the vermin who’s Millwall was pissed off once when I see tammer hassan was there with Danny dyer on the tv