All this about GR

Look at the state of QPR. At the start of the season we all would have been over the moon that at this stage we were not only safe but in the playoff places. We need to calm down and go out and just give it everything we’ve got. If we fail we fail but no one can say we have not improved year on year.

Last edited:
We are in a much better place to attract players thats for sure. Need to think hard about some of our sick notes.

This. Bennett and Leonard are both really good players but just so unreliable, you always feel that they are only ever a moment away from another couple of months out.

Hutch is another one we might have to accept whose best years are behind him. So CB and LB along with the usual striker positions are going to need investment in the summer.

GR has had the same issues as the previous manager/s. Unable to sign or obtain an out and out goal scorer.

Either that...

Or we have the players but our tactics are just too rigid and stiff to be creative enough. Feel as though the players sole focus is to break teams down and be defensively solid, once we win the ball back and/or are given the ball for the majority of the game, we end up being our own worse enemy as it feels as though we don't know what to do with the ball.

A lot of players who you would imagine to contribute more, even in terms of assists haven't this season.

DanMac 1 Goal contribution the whole season.
Wallace 1 Goal contribution the whole season.

Both our first team fall backs, who you would imagine would have more assists to their name, seeing how much we use our fallbacks/wingers. Not just these two, as others have only 1 goal contribution, but seeing as they've have started the majority of the campaign...

Wide areas have been a massive let down for us this season IMO. Centrally in the pitch we are solid.

Main issue IMO is that I don't think GR knows his best team... Even after all this time.

A lot of players who you would imagine to contribute more, even in terms of assists haven't this season.

Both our first team fall backs, who you would imagine would have more assists to their name, seeing how much we use our fallbacks/wingers. Not just these two, as others have only 1 goal contribution, but seeing as they've have started the majority of the campaign...

Wide areas have been a massive let down for us this season IMO. Centrally in the pitch we are solid.

Main issue IMO is that I don't think GR knows his best team... Even after all this time.
Impressed with Esse. Looks so confident on the ball. To be fair Dan & Wallace normally put someone else in position to cross rather than do it themselves. Get down the side and lay the ball back / inside for someone else to cross.

Heres an interesting stat: Honeyman - played 40 - chances created 56. He needs to start.

I'm bored with GR debate on whether he is good enough or not.
He is our manager until the board says otherwise, at this point in time we are in a good position and it's up to the players to do the biz.
I can’t ever see the board (in reality, JB) sacking Rowett because we have a good squad with enough good players that should be able to keep us in the Championship for a few more years yet! Of course, there’s always a chance that we could, somehow, have a catastrophic season and get relegated, but even then I doubt JB would sack him!

I think the only way GR goes if if he’s poached by a bigger club that can give him the money he needs to build the squad he wants! Having said that, he was given millions by the Stoke board and he ended up spending £50M on players he thought could get Stoke City back to the Prem.

Unfortunately for Rowett, the club and its supporters, it was a complete disaster, and it’s left their supporters feeling much hatred towards Rowett, blaming a lot of their current woes on his spending.

Thank fuck we have someone like JB who has a tight grip on the club’s purse strings!

GR has had the same issues as the previous manager/s. Unable to sign or obtain an out and out goal scorer.

Either that...

Or we have the players but our tactics are just too rigid and stiff to be creative enough. Feel as though the players sole focus is to break teams down and be defensively solid, once we win the ball back and/or are given the ball for the majority of the game, we end up being our own worse enemy as it feels as though we don't know what to do with the ball.
This!
Our efforts at trying to open up a Huddersfield team who were happy for us to have the ball were nothing short of hopeless!!
If teams play like we do, we ain't got a scooby!!

Be interesting to see who has the most assists. I reckon Malone must be in the mix but does not get much of a look in lately.

This!
Our efforts at trying to open up a Huddersfield team who were happy for us to have the ball were nothing short of hopeless!!
If teams play like we do, we ain't got a scooby!!

I think if we had a few "wiser" heads/big characters on the pitch in them type of games we could break teams like that down a lot easier. & Once we score first, to continue to have the mindset and confidence to push on and break the flood gates so to speak to win the game comfortably... (Perhaps a Robinson/Morison type character who use to demand for more and always set an example...)

However, I was having this conversation with my Mrs, I don't think I could count on two hands in which I've seen Millwall win by more than 3/4-0 goals in a game in the last 20 years lol.

Here's to hoping.

Be interesting to see who has the most assists. I reckon Malone must be in the mix but does not get much of a look in lately.

Yeah I wouldn't have you wrong there mate. I think Malone is on 3 assists currently.

Games like Huddersfield and even Luton to extent, a player like Malone should be starting. Malone an ex Huddersfield player, probably wanting to prove a point against his former club. Also he is much more effectively in the attacking side than Wallace...

If the game against Luton was a relegation clash instead of a play off clash, I'd fully expect GR to play someone like Wallace, who defensively is a lot better and reliable.

Just not enough consistency within the team sadly mate. Bad timing!