All this about GR

The Den

Not good enough, tactically inept, never been promoted etc etc, There are 11 players on the pitch that need to want it and click. Its not all down to a manager, yes he picks the team but having Bradders, Flemming, Burke on the pitch, that isn't a defensive setup. GR has done very very well for us over the years he has been here.

We aren't, and never have been, a football club with merry-go-round managers.

With little funds to spare, we haven't been able to cover for 1st team injuries as well as other clubs might do. Bennett, Styles and Mitchell have been absent from the team for a while, albeit Mitchell is now back.

On another note, have only conceded 3 in the last 6 games. The defence is pretty watertight at the moment. It's just the other end of the field that need to up it a little. Perhaps a small tweak of the midfield/forward line formation we setup will answer a couple of questions regarding this.

I'm certainly not in the GR out brigade, far from it in actual fact. He's steadily made us a tough team to beat and slingshot us into the higher tiers of the championship, season after season. Thats not pot luck, thats brilliant management. I cant remember us ever being a team where we would score 3+ goals in the championship. League 1, perhaps, but that's a different kettle of fish.

I understand we have hit a blip of the business end of the season, but people coating the manager right now won't improve us. He's not silly and know what needs to be improved, and by hook or by crook he'll be trying. Be careful what you wish for. You just need to take a step back and see the bigger picture. To know where you're going, you've got to know where you've come from.

Get onside with the lads. We can all make a difference to the atmosphere in the stadium also. Loud and fucking proud vs Preston. Lets make it a cauldron where Preston do not want to play and gives our lot that extra edge. We can change in ourselves. We don't have many games left, we do whimper on about atmosphere but let's get it right from the beginning. Fuck the daytrippers, fuck the phone army, we can take the bull by the horns with it and show them what an atmosphere is all about.
As Grandad used to say, Fuck 'Em All.

Loud and fucking proud Saturday, even before the whistle goes. Come on 'Wall, lets sign this league off with some back to back wins and make the playoffs. Its still in our hands to make the top 6, and a quarter still on for The Green Man.

Rowett is a fantastic manager at this level, has proven to be so year-in and year-out. I would say he is in the top 3 or 4 managers in the league. He has changed the mentality of the team and he gets results.

Anyone moaning about him should be careful what they wish for. We are only one bad managerial appointment away from League One.

Whenever I see some of the drivel particularly on social media about about Rowett taking us as far as he can it always reminds me of Charlton fans with Curbishley when he had them established in the premier league.

I think it’s probably a reflection of the modern day social media/sky sports led supporter. They constantly want new managers and new players whenever there is even a slight drop in form. I always thought that Millwall fans would be different and not so detached from reality but obviously not.

I wouldn’t be surprised in a year or so time there are cunts organising petitions against JB for not spending millions we haven’t got, that seems to be the new thing to do for these new type of premier league wannabe idiots.

I don’t want a new manager, just want the same one that was more fearless when he first came to us! I think we have better players now than back then, who could do so much more if Rowett mixed things up a bit!
It’s no coincidence that things changed significantly when Callum Davidson left.

Whenever I see some of the drivel particularly on social media about about Rowett taking us as far as he can it always reminds me of Charlton fans with Curbishley when he had them established in the premier league.

I think it’s probably a reflection of the modern day social media/sky sports led supporter. They constantly want new managers and new players whenever there is even a slight drop in form. I always thought that Millwall fans would be different and not so detached from reality but obviously not.

I wouldn’t be surprised in a year or so time there are cunts organising petitions against JB for not spending millions we haven’t got, that seems to be the new thing to do for these new type of premier league wannabe idiots.
Some were saying that about GR last season but look how much he has improved the squad and team spirit this season. More than happy with him and the squad to be fair to him.

I don’t want a new manager, just want the same one that was more fearless when he first came to us! I think we have better players now than back then, who could do so much more if Rowett mixed things up a bit!
Have to remember that he's was defender by trade so i guess that's how he manages, with caution/ safety first. We have more attack minded players this season and we've shot up the table and maintained our position. If he's here next season i'd expect he'll strengthen us again and hopefully we can kick on from where we are now.

I think he's right in his view and approach to games- go gunho and we are chasing our tails cause we don't have enough to unlock stubborn defences. He said as much last season. He's shrewd and knows what the players are and are not capable of.

Look at the match stats for our last four game, we've drawn blanks in front of goal but we're creating plenty of chances and getting attempts in on goal. It's just fine margins, a bit of extra class/ knowhow and luck in front of goal that's eluding us at the moment. Frustraing as it is, i'd be more concerned if we weren't creating or having a go.

Some of the criticism of him is unfair and very much wide of the mark. I suppose he can't win and has made a rod for his own back. He's improved the squad and results but some fans are still not happy and demand more.

He should be comeneded for that and cut a bit of slack. I understand peoples frustrations but a bit of realism wouldn't go amiss. We're only ever one bad managerial appointment away from a relegation battle.

I wouldn't say Rowett has taken us as far as he can (although I would say he Is limited manager but one who's limitations suit us almost perfectly), but next season there has to be a step up In terms of how he has us playing. Another season with the current methods and mentality Is not sustainable In my opinion as hard work and tenacity only gets you so far before mentality wanes and teams get used to playing us. We've done magnificently on the whole this season but we've rode our luck at times and this recent run of form has been on the cards for a while. We need to build on this season, strengthen to the best of our abilities and most Importantly stop being so negative/cautious against teams that determind play off contenders should be beating.

Sooner or later Rowett will be gone as Is the nature of football and sooner or later we will slip down the table for a spell as Is the nature of Millwall but after having shown what this team can be capable of, It's understandable that expectations will be higher going forward for even your average run of the mill sensible fan let alone knobs on Twitter.

Have to remember that he's was defender by trade so i guess that's how he manages, with caution/ safety first. We have more attack minded players this season and we've shot up the table and maintained our position. If he's here next season i'd expect he'll strengthen us again and hopefully we can kick on from where we are now.

Absolutely. Defender by trade so will always shore up that defence line to be strong and watertight, which he certainly has done. A little bit more luck and ideas for the forward line, plus a couple of signings for next year, we'll be bang up there again.

You can understand him being a little cautious against the likes of Luton, if anyone around us take all 3 points off us then we're in more trouble than taking a point out of the game. Pretty or not, he's not a silly man. Prime Barcelona didn't play brilliant every match, and we're definitely not them. Sometimes just need to be a little smart. We are there or thereabouts & still hold a playoff spot.

but next season there has to be a step up In terms of how he has us playing. Another season with the current methods and mentality Is not sustainable
It's all down to whether you have the players or not and as it stands i don't think we do regardless of who's managing us. You're saying there has to be a step up on how we play, that's all well and good but back to my point about the playing staff.

It's also raising the bar and expectations, all which put added pressure on the players and manager which i don't think is productive nor reasonable. I was still chuffed a week ago cause we were mathematically safe from relegation whilst others were bemoaning that we might not make the play offs :grinning:

Good to see you posting mate, hope all is well with you and yours!