The definitive new manager speculation thread

With everything going on at the club, new training ground/facilities, now looking abroad for a certain type of player, a bit more cash to spend than the club have weighed out before and essentially a new chairman and being a London club, there is a lot of positives for a new manager and a fairly decent squad to work with.
Any new potential manager is going to be a risk and I hope it's not of any of the merry go round managers ala Colin Wanker, Tony Pulis or Gary Megson style operators.

The club now needs to have a style/brand of football that is modern and fresh as their DNA with an outlook like Brentford/Bournemouth etc if they want to attract players and future managers.
I have no idea about (useless) Eustace or this Beale fella and I can't see someone like Graham Potter being interested whose name as been bandied around and i hope it's not a head in the hands appointment and shaking my head saying "where did it all go wrong"... :rolleyes: :LOL:

Something more is afoot than just a mutual parting of ways.

1) the announcement coming at the end of an international break - if it was planned he would’ve left at the start of it at least
2) Barrett in charge for the weekend so no one is immediately taking the job - no one lined up to take over straight away

Real ambition would be taking someone from another club who is doing well, not just the job centre queue.

Sorry but if we get Muscat, all that tells me is that the club has no ambition and doing the 'on the cheap sticky plaster scenario' stance as usual!

John Eustace turned a club like Birmingham City around and they were doing worse than us... imagine what he could do for Millwall!

This is what will happen...
1. The job will be advertised with a closing date for applications.
2. From those who apply a long list will be drawn up.
3.There will be some sort of discussion/interview process with those on the long list.
4. Following those discussions a short list will be drawn up, probably 3 or 4 candidates.
5. Those 4 candidates will be invited for a much more in depth interview, where they will be required to do a presentation of why they want the job and what they will bring to the club.
6. Finally, a top candidate will be chosen and offered the job.

That process will effectively weed out the real wankers who apply and we should end up with the best candidate available at the time.

My personal opinion is that it will be a European candidate who is ultimately successful.
I can see this taking about 3 or 4 weeks to complete and anything we see or hear in the meantime is pure speculation and clickbait.

Steve Morison. One might say this is a pitch for the job in itself.

I don’t know who it’s going to be, but I bet it’s going to be announced within a very short period of time. My guess is James was not happy with the lack of progress and made plans for the change. If it happens quickly, It will be evidence of his intention to move us forward an upward.