Roy Larner benefit do

It really is great work from all you lot that have got Roy recognition that he deserves, and I really don't want to put a downer on it in any way - but shouldn't be be getting a George Cross? That's certainly what his actions merit... I think there are distinctions in civvie medals a bit like the forces (officers often get one type of medal, other ranks a 'lesser' one, when awarded for the same operation/action); maybe George Cross is for the toffs, George Medal for the likes of us?
Like I say, I'm not intending in any way to put a downer on it, I just don't see that anyone could demonstrate any greater bravery in that situation.

It really is great work from all you lot that have got Roy recognition that he deserves, and I really don't want to put a downer on it in any way - but shouldn't be be getting a George Cross? That's certainly what his actions merit... I think there are distinctions in civvie medals a bit like the forces (officers often get one type of medal, other ranks a 'lesser' one, when awarded for the same operation/action); maybe George Cross is for the toffs, George Medal for the likes of us?
Like I say, I'm not intending in any way to put a downer on it, I just don't see that anyone could demonstrate any greater bravery in that situation.
It is being looked into. And i strongly agree with what you say. It should have never to come to this in the first place.

Maybe this will make the Compensation people review his case. A disgrace that he he's been refused a payout, as I'm sure others will have been compensated for non physical injuries.
I think it doesn't help if you have previous convictions. Which is daft cause it often takes a man with a certain backround to get stuck in in the first place.

This small victory may help pave the way but essentially it is all down to what Roy says and thinks. He is a very humble man that doeasn't court the limelight.

Last edited:
I think it doesn't help if you have previous convictions. Which is daft cause it often takes a man with a certain backround to get stuck in in the first place.

This small victory may help pave the way but essentially it is all down to what Roy says and thinks. He is a very humble man that doeasn't court the limelight.
There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater. 👍

Just read this story from the Italian lady, and it is brining a tear to my eye. Again.
At that moment, three blokes coming at you with blades strapped to their hands, and instead of going backwards, you go towards them..... Now that's bravery.

"That takes a very strong person. Most would have run away to protect themselves but Roy was completely selfless in that moment. There are very few good people on this planet but he is one of them.”

This is a quote from her, and how this story is not on the front pages of the papers, I don't know. But Holly W is on the front of some papers, telling us of her despair with Philip Schofield. ........... Just goes to show what is important to the MSM..............

That man is an absolute legend. I really do hope that Millwall do something special for him. I think a season ticket for life would be a nice gesture.

"That takes a very strong person. Most would have run away to protect themselves but Roy was completely selfless in that moment. There are very few good people on this planet but he is one of them.”

I've always hoped that testimony from the people whose lives Roy had saved would be the catalyst. Given the negative media publicity about Roy this woman has shown great courage in coming forward.

To any rational person it should be obvious that many more would have died if the terrorists had entered that premises. Roy had the guts to stand up and be counted against armed assailants who had no fear of death. Given that a murderer has received more recognition for an obviously lesser act of bravery, it's clear that Roy deserves more recognition for his actions.

I would say that what he did was nothing short of miraculous. However, this would be doing Roy a disservice. Only he, or one of our fans very like him, could have done that. I don't care what he's done in the past, or done since, he should be recognized for that one act alone.

I don't care what he's done in the past, or done since, he should be recognized for that one act alone.
That, unfortunately, is the country we live in, where the likes of Jeffrey Archer (and others of his ilk), can be caught bang to rights on dodgy dealings, yet somehow later down the line, end up getting a peerage! People like Roy, on the other hand (the dreaded working class), did what he did with no thought to his own safety, and didn’t initially get a look in on the awards front, simply because of his past history!

It’s absolutely disgusting that it’s taken this long, and without any help from MP’s (particularly in Roy’s constituency), for him to get the recognition and award he so richly deserves!

I‘d like to see the likes of former jailbirds Archer, Aitken etc. do what Roy did that fateful day! They’d have hid behind their bodyguard or simply just run away!

Last edited:
I think there’s many of us that would do the same in that situation as it’s in our blood, but actually doing it when your life is at risk is a different level. The man showed a bravery off the scale and probably never realised he was capable of it before it happened. It’s either in your DNA or it’s not. Roy Larner is a true Lion - in every sense of the word.

Members online