Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

The difference between us. Even delusional about us. They think we will go up.

Whereas I think we might make the playoffs & are likely not to go up. What will be will be. To be honest I am happy not to have the stress of a relegation battle. Been through too many of those in the past.

Delusional is the word. The Geodies are probably now one of the richest clubs in the word but even they're probably not coming out with this level of shite. Still, I'm sure we're all jealous that John Berylson has never done a half time guitar solo ;)

Agent Sandgaard is doing a good job for us! Long may it continue!

Take this quote from DickPlumb over on Into the Valium:

“TS isn’t keen to go. As I have said a number of times. The Spiegal interest is an investment not a takeover. I think that Sandgaard will be around for a lot longer.”

🤣🤣🤣

I've noticed a few posts recently where they seem to be keeping a keen eye on us:

"Of course we'd all like to know what really happened, because this isn't just any company takeover, it is our football club. And as we languish where we are, we see Millwall scrape into the playoff places with a danger they'll "get lucky" and end up in the Premier League and we'll be a mile behind both our main rivals."

:smoke:

I've noticed a few posts recently where they seem to be keeping a keen eye on us:

"Of course we'd all like to know what really happened, because this isn't just any company takeover, it is our football club. And as we languish where we are, we see Millwall scrape into the playoff places with a danger they'll "get lucky" and end up in the Premier League and we'll be a mile behind both our main rivals."

:smoke:
I'll always remember a story my brother told me when Charlton were knocking on door to Champions League football in the Premier league, a firm he dealt with invited him to their executive lounge while they had a home game against Aston Villa on a midweek game, Millwall were away to Wrexham in a league one match, anyway Charlton won 2-0 but the biggest cheer of the night came when the tannoy bloke announced that Millwall had lost.
Now if roles were reversed like next season for instance;) and we beat Aston Villa 2-0 and they lose to Shrewsbury or some other pony team I couldn't see a massive cheer coming up once it was announced that they had lost, a few might laugh a little but that's as far as it would go.

I'll always remember a story my brother told me when Charlton were knocking on door to Champions League football in the Premier league, a firm he dealt with invited him to their executive lounge while they had a home game against Aston Villa on a midweek game, Millwall were away to Wrexham in a league one match, anyway Charlton won 2-0 but the biggest cheer of the night came when the tannoy bloke announced that Millwall had lost.
Now if roles were reversed like next season for instance;) and we beat Aston Villa 2-0 and they lose to Shrewsbury or some other pony team I couldn't see a massive cheer coming up once it was announced that they had lost, a few might laugh a little but that's as far as it would go.
I doubt we would even mention it as there so insignificant

OMG I didnt know the spotters where our main rival. Now I am really worried. Will I be safe, is the family at risk and will Sydney the stoat make a midnight call???

I do recall a serious heated discussion on Voice of Valium / Charlton Death or some such site, where they were claiming to have overtaken Tottenham and Chelsea in size and importance.

I doubt even the most carried away Lion when we were top of Division 1 would have claimed we were bigger than West Ham or Arsenal.

Its going to be difficult to remain anti west ham once all of their supporters have switched allegiance to the mighty Lions :unsure:

Delusional is the word. The Geodies are probably now one of the richest clubs in the word but even they're probably not coming out with this level of shite. Still, I'm sure we're all jealous that John Berylson has never done a half time guitar solo ;)
He told talkSPORT: “The funny thing is I actually texted Steve Parish when it all came down and said ‘hey, I’ll see you in the Premier League in two years’. Normally he texts back pretty quickly but I haven’t heard back from him.”

He's still rolling about the floor pissing himself laughing :grinning:

My dad went to watch spurs v charlton back in their PL days after he got invited as a guest. Said all charlton really sang about was hating Millwall. It’s them who are our cup final though. Righty oh 😁

Last edited: