Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Only 2,900 Charlton fans in the Valley today tells its own story.

I’ve just listened to Garner’s post match excuses, and he’s blaming the ref again.

He’s won 5 of 19 league games this season, and we’ve just bottled it at home v the mighty Stockport County.

I know he’s working for one of the worst owner’s in football, but it’s increasingly clear that Garner is an over promoted PE teacher, who’s read a couple of coaching books and thinks he cracked it.

His results with both us and Bristol Rovers are abysmal.

I’d sack him - regardless of the owner - and put Jason Pearce in charge until the fanbase can force a change of owner.

Pearce might have the same galvanising effect on the players as Bowyer did, when he took over from Robinson.

Does anyone really believe that Ben Garner is going to be a success at Charlton …because I don’t 👍

Wasn't it the fanbase that got them from the Belgian owner to where they are now?
Can they afford to sack Garner?
Are they a Conference side in the making?
Tune in next week for the next instalment of 'tartan rugs and flasks on platform 2'!

petetongthereturn Avatar
petetongthereturn
Season Ticket Holder

2 hours ago
manikin, wiggyatthebackpost, and 1 more like this
Nice one Thomas YOUR chargers couldn’t even beat a mid table league 2 team.

You don’t own a stadium
You don’t own a training ground
You probably don’t even own the new portacabins in the training ground.
You only have league 2 players.
Congratulations now sell the club for a £1 !

I’m not sure it’s worth a pound 🤣🤣🤣

petetongthereturn Avatar
petetongthereturn
Season Ticket Holder

2 hours ago
manikin, wiggyatthebackpost, and 1 more like this
Nice one Thomas YOUR chargers couldn’t even beat a mid table league 2 team.

You don’t own a stadium
You don’t own a training ground
You probably don’t even own the new portacabins in the training ground.
You only have league 2 players.
Congratulations now sell the club for a £1 !

I’m not sure it’s worth a pound 🤣🤣🤣
Agreed.

I mean, you’d be looking for some change out of a pound, wouldn’t you?

All joking aside football in England is in a bad way. So many clubs racking up massive debts. At least we seem to be keeping our heads above water. I think the future we are heading for is a premier A and B leagues and balls to the rest.
Yeah, and regionalised third and fourth tiers

dickplumb (that can’t be his real name, surely?), over on IntotheValium, summed up the 2-2 draw with Stockport, with this:

“I did waste my money and time. Stockport are a good League 2 team. Despite what Garner says Stockport had more chances than us. We conceded two goals from corners. I am getting beyond frustrated with what is happening at the Valley. We now look like a League 2 side. We can't even see a game out. Aneke looked like a Sunday league player who has been on the piss the night before. He was blowing out of his arse after fifteen minutes. The majority of players were piss poor. I would exempt Dobson from that. He covered every blade of grass and tried to plug the many holes in midfield.

I think that Stockport will beat us in the replay. How low have we sunk.”

:rofl:

On the same forum, a spotter called revilo may very well be ready to top himself after that 2-2 draw! Get the Samaritans ready!

“Just lost £70, fuck my life!”
🤣

All joking aside football in England is in a bad way. So many clubs racking up massive debts. At least we seem to be keeping our heads above water. I think the future we are heading for is a premier A and B leagues and balls to the rest.
Currently there is hope as the premiership owners need to do a deal with the rest so to avoid having the government stepping in.

More money for those outside the top division but at what cost?

Currently there is hope as the premiership owners need to do a deal with the rest so to avoid having the government stepping in.

More money for those outside the top division but at what cost?
This thread

And the drips wonder why Danish Dave doesn’t want to invest anymore of his hard earned 🤷🏻
Apparently he isn't making the money he used to, don't know if the comments about his company losing money are true but it does seem that sacking most of the staff, putting his girlfriend and son in important positions, then cutting back on transfers spending all coincided with the news of him going skint.
I suppose it will only be confirmed when we see his guitar up for sale on e-bay.

I don’t understand why Charlton fans always blame whoever the chairman happens to be for their own shit support. They spent a long time bragging how good their support is yet it’s been proved once again that if they’re not given heavily subsidised deals on tickets then the truth is their fanbase is actually quite shit.

Now Charlton fans might say why are we so invested in their poor attendances and the answer to that is that for many years they would constantly use their inflated premier league statistics as a stick to hit us (and others) with, to the point where many of them genuinely believed that they were London’s third biggest club. It wasn’t that long ago that I read on sad life anoraks comparing themselves with Arsenal, spurs, Chelsea and West Ham, ludicrously declaring Charlton as a temporary sleeping giant only behind the two north London clubs in terms of prestige and support.

I feel a little bit sorry for old danish Dave, he’s obviously a dick but it seems to me that he’s come in with the intention of getting the club on its feet but has been completely hoodwinked by the fans nonsense on social media. When he was as in the process of taking over he was bombarded with messages promising that he was buying a club with ‘the most passionate fanbase in London’ yet even after laying out I would guess a fair chunk of his fortune on staff, players and several managers the fans have gone missing and he’s the one getting stick.

The fact is just like we always said that unless Sandgaard (or anyone else for that matter) is prepared to bus in coachloads of day trippers from the furthest reaches of Kent and beyond and also give away tickets for nothing while at the same time running a club competing in the premiership then Charltons support is not as big and ‘passionate’ as they believed. The only surprise is that it’s taken this long for both the anoraks and Danish Dave to realise it when we have been pointing it out for ages only to be sneered at and patronised for being ‘Smallwall’.

Oh well best leave them to get used to being a lower league club on a par with Leyton Orient and AFC Wimbledon while we concentrate on an exciting championship promotion push. Smallwall eh?

I don’t understand why Charlton fans always blame whoever the chairman happens to be for their own shit support. They spent a long time bragging how good their support is yet it’s been proved once again that if they’re not given heavily subsidised deals on tickets then the truth is their fanbase is actually quite shit.

Now Charlton fans might say why are we so invested in their poor attendances and the answer to that is that for many years they would constantly use their inflated premier league statistics as a stick to hit us (and others) with, to the point where many of them genuinely believed that they were London’s third biggest club. It wasn’t that long ago that I read on sad life anoraks comparing themselves with Arsenal, spurs, Chelsea and West Ham, ludicrously declaring Charlton as a temporary sleeping giant only behind the two north London clubs in terms of prestige and support.

I feel a little bit sorry for old danish Dave, he’s obviously a dick but it seems to me that he’s come in with the intention of getting the club on its feet but has been completely hoodwinked by the fans nonsense on social media. When he was as in the process of taking over he was bombarded with messages promising that he was buying a club with ‘the most passionate fanbase in London’ yet even after laying out I would guess a fair chunk of his fortune on staff, players and several managers the fans have gone missing and he’s the one getting stick.

The fact is just like we always said that unless Sandgaard (or anyone else for that matter) is prepared to bus in coachloads of day trippers from the furthest reaches of Kent and beyond and also give away tickets for nothing while at the same time running a club competing in the premiership then Charltons support is not as big and ‘passionate’ as they believed. The only surprise is that it’s taken this long for both the anoraks and Danish Dave to realise it when we have been pointing it out for ages only to be sneered at and patronised for being ‘Smallwall’.

Oh well best leave them to get used to being a lower league club on a par with Leyton Orient and AFC Wimbledon while we concentrate on an exciting championship promotion push. Smallwall eh?
Spot on. If they wasn’t such an arrogant and deluded bunch I might actually feel sorry for them. But they are, so fuck them. 😁

Staff online

Members online