Match Thread Millwall v Peterborough KO 3pm

We were once again toothless until Bennet was introduced, if we have to rely on an injury prone player next season we are in trouble.

Rowett has to be adventurous in the transfer market instead of getting players in that he has worked with in the past.

Don't think Afobe will change things going forward.

I wish some on here qiuld give Benik credit where due . 13 goals this season with an ever changing partnership up front speaks volumes. Dont expect him to graft for 90 mins, but when he does its normally productive. He's am instinctive striker and I for one hope he is here for the long haul. Listen to his post match.....he clearly loves it here too

I wish some on here qiuld give Benik credit where due . 13 goals this season with an ever changing partnership up front speaks volumes. Dont expect him to graft for 90 mins, but when he does its normally productive. He's am instinctive striker and I for one hope he is here for the long haul. Listen to his post match.....he clearly loves it here too
Thats because some of our so called fans are fucking clueless.

Get in Afobe..... mugged off NM again.
Yeah fantastic scores one against the worst defence in the league. Missed it first time.not a sniff after or before I won’t be convinced he’s the answer to our poor forwards scoring record. Maybe we do need more creativity from midfield.

Yeah fantastic scores one against the worst defence in the league. Missed it first time.not a sniff after or before I won’t be convinced he’s the answer to our poor forwards scoring record. Maybe we do need more creativity from midfield.
No maybe about it. Even your nan could see that.

Last edited:
We are so poor that we go into the last game with a mathematical chance of a play off place,.....you're beginning to sound like a bloody trainspotter

If we can get Afobe close season I will be well happy

he has made load of runs all season but we have not had a midfielder to find the pass, he also knows where the goal is. I really rate the geezer and his goal today was top draw.

i am hoping Fulham put 6 or 7 past Luton on Monday night to make the last game really interesting

today first half we could not break them done but 2nd half we could have had 5 or 6 if not for the woodwork

shame Jed is leaving but a creative centre mid is a must in the close season, getting Afobe back hopefully as our player would be great in my opinion

I have been a critic of GR on and off this season but 12 defeats in 45 games is not to be sneezed at, yes he is a defence minded manager but I would have said you were mad if you said to me at the mid way point if the season that we would still have an outside chance of making the play offs with one game to go

great result and very impressive 2nd half performance

COYL

What is the situation with Rowett’s contact, is he contracted for next season or a new deal has to be offered?

We did nothing upfront once again this time against a relegated team until BENNET came on.

Bennet will not play a lot of full games next season due to being injury prone, if Rowett insists on signing his pals we could be in a relegation scrap next season, the signs are all there, some need to take their blinkers off.

Comedy Gold:

Peterborough United manager Grant McCann told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire:

"I'm not one to ever blame officials for a result. (spoiler alert!!)

"We've lost the game today because of us, but I will say the decision to give them the throw-in, which is a massive strength for them, has cost us the first goal today and swung the momentum.

"Up to that point we were comfortably the better team, I think everyone could see that.

"Yes, we were lacking the end product, yes, we lacked in the final third, they changed their shape in the second half, but we had them and then the throw-in's cost us."

There really is some rubbish written on this forum at times, especially on these match threads. We’re finishing the season three points off a place off spot with the best home record in the division despite having one of the lowest budgets.

Talk of getting Rowett out now is crazy. If you don’t like the bloke fair enough but just say that instead of making ludicrous claims about impending relegation battles and tired generic criticisms about formations and supposed favourite players.

We had to listen to enough nonsense earlier in the season just because we lost a couple of games while in the midst of a nightmare injury crisis and let’s be honest since then Rowett has made all those calling for him to be sacked a few months ago look fucking silly.

We finally look like an established championship club for the first time in ages and that’s down to stable management with a sensible long term plan instead of a scatter gun ‘let’s sack the boss every 18 months’ approach that some seem to think is the right way to do things despite the mess many other championship clubs are in after throwing money they haven’t got at mediocre players and countless new managers.