Match Thread Millwall V Reading KO 7-45

Good win
Kept us on the edge of our seats till the end, could have won that game by 3 or 4, don't know why afobe stopped running when Jed was through, Mitchell my MOM, Malone looked to shy away from defending, pointing to others to cover his area

I still don't get GR, he started with Smith in a front 3 when most of our football was on the floor in the first half, why not start with Bradshaw? then the second half, he had players on the pitch that can put in crosses but took Smith off

3 points, we was good in patches, but it was reading, and they are no world beaters.

Two home games in a row we've really gone at a team and they couldn't handle it. Fully deserved win, should have been more.

Funny what happens when you up the tempo and attack, the crowd responds and you create lots of chances.

Now that was more like it. And that was with three at the back 2nd half. So it's not necessarily all about formations, it's about intent.

Man of the match, Billy Mitchell. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. Leonard fantastic. Mason Bennett also superb.

COYL

much better second half. My motm maybe Mitchell, but Bennett and Jed were both good.
Bennett and malone both made a difference after they came on, so have to give rowett a bit of credit for that.
we never have much composure or quality in the final third but in the second half we at least played at a higher tempo and forced them back.
We should always expect something like that kind of energy level and to be honest, without that we don’t have much chance because of our lack of quality on the ball, Jed aside and even he is a bit erratic.
Feel like we are a quality midfielder and a better striker away from being a playoff contender. But also more than capable of falling well off the pace with performances like Saturday.

No, afobe should have kept running but he slowed down, Jed did what he thought was right
Na sorry mate, he knew he should have passed it to BA. Hence his reaction when he fucked up.

BA purposely pulled up a bit as the defender was drawn to Jed.

But doesnt matter, we got 3 points.

If he had of passed to afobe 3/4 paces back afobe would have been covered by the defender and maybe pushed out wide, all afobe had to do was keep onside and he would have had only the keeper to beat, like you said though 3 points.

Maybe I'm missing something but what was the point of Saville in that match? What did he contribute?
Fuck all. Dont like him, dont want him. He's a has been.
He needs to be fucked off sharpish as he brings the tempo down & gives far too many balls away.

Members online