Sheyi Ojo

If he plays on the Right Wing does that mean Jed is going to play up front or as an attacking Midfielder?. Be interesting to see how they both fit in the team. At least he is an attacking player and not another defender.

Haven’t read the entire thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned but, if he is a winger where’s he going to play if everyone is available?

Won’t get picked ahead of Jed, so that leaves wide left! If he’s going to play there I think we’ll have to change to 4-4-2 with him playing in front of Malone.

Also, raises a question mark against Mahoney. Does he drop to 3rd choice wide man?

Not sure how this will pan out :hmmm:

Think not signing a back up right back is shambolic and I like the look of Ojo, but he’ll either be played out of position or not at all given GRs dislike of wingers
Suggests to me that Rowett will continue with three centre halves and two wing backs. No chance of 4-4-2.

He probably feels that an out-and-out full back is not necessary. My guess is that he fancies both Malone and Ojo as wingbacks with Jed partnering Afobe up front.

When Bennett is fit, wouldn't be surprised to see him play behind the front two with Dutch and Saville as midfield partners, with Jed snd Bennett sometimes switching roles.

That would certainly give us attacking options.

This. 100%.

Let’s face it, we all know what’s going to happen!

We sign someone like this Ojo, on a perm or on loan, and we get all excited when we see clips of what the player can do but, when reality kicks in, it will be one of three things which will show us why he’ll be a failure:

1. He won’t, for reasons unknown, be able to replicate his flair/goals with us.
2. Drawett will play him in the wrong position.
3. Our clueless midfield will not link up play with him, thus not allowing him to score from inside or outside the box!

The last time I can remember a forward that was so prolific in front of goal for us, was Bomber, both the 1st and 2nd spells he had with us, and the last being 10 years ago. Before him was Teddy, and that was 30 years ago!

Two decent forwards in the last 30 years! OK, Morison and Gregory were a great partnership, and whilst individually they scored a lot of goals, they didn’t score as many as Ted and Bomber did!

Its just Millwall’s bad luck that we never seem to strike lucky with a forward who can net us 20+ goals each season!

I hope Ojo becomes the exception, and I’d love to be wrong…but I don’t see it!

Darius Henderson, Chris Wood…

We had him at Rangers on loan a couple of seasons ago. Could be a decent signing. Strong, quick and likes to cut inside from out wide. He never really settled in and held down a place though. I think he’s the type who can lose confidence. He’s certainly capable if he’s in the mood.

Anyone else think it’s a bit odd we haven’t heard anything from the manager or player since yesterday about this signing🤣

Anyone else think it’s a bit odd we haven’t heard anything from the manager or player since yesterday about this signing🤣
Probably didn’t want him and gutted he couldn’t sign 5 more cb’s. I bet he’s a right dull fucker to be around with all his negativity

I would guess that GR is taking a well earned couple of days off. I would if I were him. And I’d say to Barrett….give em hell while I’m away!😄