Sheyi Ojo

He is what you would expect from any loan player, not quite good enough yet to play for the host team. However, we are talking about Liverpool who are not a bad side. He could well turn out great for us. Once again it is all about attitude, if he follows in Afobe's steps then he will not go too far wrong. Fingers crossed.

Romeo one I understand, but not having a replacement lined up is silly. Surely GR wanted to get rid for awhile, or at least knew/had some idea he was off. Ojo RWB? perhaps not.

Ojo, good signing if we didnt have the likes of Bennett/Mahoney. GR doesnt even use Mahoney, why sign another winger...? Attacking mid was the player we needed. Barry Bannan? Gibbs-White? both would of been ideal.

Only reason I can see GR signing another winger is perhaps he wants to change style/formation?

One or two of the Scousers who were on that Sniverpool website I looked at, thought Ojo was best at playing through the middle, so maybe Drawett sees him as the attacking midfielder that he kept saying he wanted?

Agree with most of this, but Saville is a good signing for us and Ballard too probably.

Think not signing a back up right back is shambolic and I like the look of Ojo, but he’ll either be played out of position or not at all given GRs dislike of wingers

A reasonable trf window, with a decent recruitment set up could have been much better. That’s also 3 of the starting 11 likely to be loanees and with Jed set to leave that could be a minimum of four starting 11 players to fill for next season - without the likes of Pearce, Smith, Bradshaw, Bod, Thommo, Romeo all leaving permanently too

Yes, missed those two out.

Saville is undoubtedly an upgrade but hasn't shown it yet.

Ballard is top drawer and is probably our best centre back.

Another one who can’t cross the ball?

“He had just been missing that final end product. In the first half, he got into some great areas of the pitch but the cross wasn’t what it should be. But in moments, he’s unplayable.”

Yep. We already have plenty like this!

Looks like there is a player in there. Let’s see if we can make him shine.
My impression is that he seems to have skills we don’t currently have.
Maybe oppo defences will have something extra to think about, leaving more time for other players like Benik and Jed.
Thank you Life with the Lions for searching out that stuff.*
We could certainly not write stuff like that about our fringe players e.g.Bod,Brad and Mahoney.**
No worries!*

The complete opposite, I’m afraid, regarding those two wage thieves!**

I’m just worried that Drawett’s defence minded tactics will stifle the lad’s ability to just be let loose on either wing, or through the middle (which according to one Scouser on a Sniverpool website, thinks is his best position). I hope Drawett will say to him, “Go on, lad, tear through that midfield - terrorise those opposition defenders,” but I have my doubts!

Another reason I think he was signed, is that he may be the one to play as the attacking midfielder that Drawett said the team needed! By all accounts he’s also happy to track back and defend, which must be manna from heaven for Drawett, and there’s the added bonus that once the team has successfully defended a corner or a free kick outside the box, if we counter quickly and Ojo gets the ball, he could have a good advantage, pace wise, over the opposition, to get the ball up field quickly!

As you say, BigPaul, he has skills we don’t currently have!

Just use those skills, Rowett, and let the boy play! If you do, and he does well for us, then who knows what could happen this season? He might even help you to keep your job!

Hopefully the type of lad who, although struggles in the Premiership, will shine in the Championship with us.
Hope so, Ulster!

We could do with a bit of good luck, when it comes to our forward line.

I was really worried about the away trip to West Brom next, thinking that they may do ‘a Fulham’ on us, but if Drawett plays Ojo, and in the right position, and tells him to go out and play, we might even have a chance of beating the Baggies!

Their defenders will not relish Ojo steaming towards them!