Sheyi Ojo

33lion

I’m sure this kid will prove a good addition, he comes with good experience at Cardiff, Fulham and Rangers previously.
However, Rowett said on a few occasions, we miss a creative midfielder. Someone to link the holding midfield to the strikers. As far as I’m aware, Ojo is a winger. What gives?

Also, despite many being happy Romeo is gone for now, is anyone remotely concerned that we will be relying on Mitchell to plug a gap until McNamara is back fit, until January at least?…

I’m sure this kid will prove a good addition, he comes with good experience at Cardiff, Fulham and Rangers previously.
However, Rowett said on a few occasions, we miss a creative midfielder. Someone to link the holding midfield to the strikers. As far as I’m aware, Ojo is a winger. What gives?

Also, despite many being happy Romeo is gone for now, is anyone remotely concerned that we will be relying on Mitchell to plug a gap until McNamara is back fit, until January at least?…
Ojo is a right winger.
Think Leonard will play at right back if needed.

Hopefully he will do well and settles with us. Liverpool apparently wanted £5M. Has a year on his contract together with a year‘s extension. Only 22 years old, with Jed maybe leaving at the end of the season then Ojo could be his replacement. We obviously tried to shift Bod but no takers. So good business given our budget.

Hopefully he will do well and settles with us. Liverpool apparently wanted £5M. Has a year on his contract together with a year‘s extension. Only 22 years old, with Jed maybe leaving at the end of the season then Ojo could be his replacement. We obviously tried to shift Bod but no takers. So good business given our budget.
read on HOF he's 24 years old and Liverpool want 2.5 million must be different media outlets typical also he has played 8 times for Liverpool scored a couple of crackers.

Ojo has promised a lot but is now 24, so it's now or never for him. He has bags of pace, is strong and looks to have a trick and can use both feet, but is he better than Mahoney, of which the same can be said? For that matter, is he any better than Burey, who although raw, has massive potential?

Letting Romeo leave is bonkers without replacing him. With the loan market still open, surely we will sign a right-back. Leonard is constantly injured, McNamara is out for a while and asking Mitchell to play there is not fair.

We desperately needed another striker and possibly an attacking midfielder. Why let Olaofe go on loan when he's a better option than either Bod or Bradshaw?

A poor window. We have a million centre-backs, a million central midfielders and not much else.

We are one player better off than last season in my eyes and that is Benik Afobe.

Progress. What progress?

i actually do recall this game
His first full game for Liverpool, scored the 2nd--- 2.15 in
Looking at the comments section , seems to have lots of ability but saying his maybe to laid back

Not sure if Romeo's move was a tactical one, or a political one. Is he away to further develop his method of play, or is it a stepping stone to a permanent move away?

Ojo has promised a lot but is now 24, so it's now or never for him. He has bags of pace, is strong and looks to have a trick and can use both feet, but is he better than Mahoney, of which the same can be said? For that matter, is he any better than Burey, who although raw, has massive potential?

Letting Romeo leave is bonkers without replacing him. With the loan market still open, surely we will sign a right-back. Leonard is constantly injured, McNamara is out for a while and asking Mitchell to play there is not fair.

We desperately needed another striker and possibly an attacking midfielder. Why let Olaofe go on loan when he's a better option than either Bod or Bradshaw?

A poor window. We have a million centre-backs, a million central midfielders and not much else.

We are one player better off than last season in my eyes and that is Benik Afobe.

Progress. What progress?
This. 100%.

Let’s face it, we all know what’s going to happen!

We sign someone like this Ojo, on a perm or on loan, and we get all excited when we see clips of what the player can do but, when reality kicks in, it will be one of three things which will show us why he’ll be a failure:

1. He won’t, for reasons unknown, be able to replicate his flair/goals with us.
2. Drawett will play him in the wrong position.
3. Our clueless midfield will not link up play with him, thus not allowing him to score from inside or outside the box!

The last time I can remember a forward that was so prolific in front of goal for us, was Bomber, both the 1st and 2nd spells he had with us, and the last being 10 years ago. Before him was Teddy, and that was 30 years ago!

Two decent forwards in the last 30 years! OK, Morison and Gregory were a great partnership, and whilst individually they scored a lot of goals, they didn’t score as many as Ted and Bomber did!

Its just Millwall’s bad luck that we never seem to strike lucky with a forward who can net us 20+ goals each season!

I hope Ojo becomes the exception, and I’d love to be wrong…but I don’t see it!

Progress. What progress?

Agree with most of this, but Saville is a good signing for us and Ballard too probably.

Think not signing a back up right back is shambolic and I like the look of Ojo, but he’ll either be played out of position or not at all given GRs dislike of wingers

A reasonable trf window, with a decent recruitment set up could have been much better. That’s also 3 of the starting 11 likely to be loanees and with Jed set to leave that could be a minimum of four starting 11 players to fill for next season - without the likes of Pearce, Smith, Bradshaw, Bod, Thommo, Romeo all leaving permanently too

This. 100%.

Let’s face it, we all know what’s going to happen!

We sign someone like this Ojo, on a perm or on loan, and we get all excited when we see clips of what the player can do but, when reality kicks in, it will be one of three things which will show us why he’ll be a failure:

1. He won’t, for reasons unknown, be able to replicate his flair/goals with us.
2. Drawett will play him in the wrong position.
3. Our clueless midfield will not link up play with him, thus not allowing him to score from inside or outside the box!

The last time I can remember a forward that was so prolific in front of goal for us, was Bomber, both the 1st and 2nd spells he had with us, and the last being 10 years ago. Before him was Teddy, and that was 30 years ago!

Two decent forwards in the last 30 years! OK, Morison and Gregory were a great partnership, and whilst individually they scored a lot of goals, they didn’t score as many as Ted and Bomber did!

Its just Millwall’s bad luck that we never seem to strike lucky with a forward who can net us 20+ goals each season!

I hope Ojo becomes the exception, and I’d love to be wrong…but I don’t see it!
You can count on one hand how many good not great black players we have had, as for black forwards.