Sheyi Ojo

Mr BP,

You and me have had conversations about sleeping partners. You know, stuff that couldn't be divulged on a public forum, and certainly not MO.

How is Paris these days, I don't mean the lardy Wall bloke or his mate Knocker. 😊
I haven’t been to Paris for a while. In fact travel anywhere has been tricky until recently, as you know. I did spend a very pleasant couple of days at the seaside near here recently. The restaurant culture in warm weather is difficult to beat anywhere in the world. The west coast is a carefully guarded jewel meaning there really is no need to travel all day down south, when there is such beauty virtually on my doorstep.
An easy 2 hour drive and I’m there.

Regarding sleeping partners…my lips are well and truly sealed.😉

Haven’t read the entire thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned but, if he is a winger where’s he going to play if everyone is available?

Won’t get picked ahead of Jed, so that leaves wide left! If he’s going to play there I think we’ll have to change to 4-4-2 with him playing in front of Malone.

Also, raises a question mark against Mahoney. Does he drop to 3rd choice wide man?

Not sure how this will pan out :hmmm:
The Scousers said, as he can play with both feet, he can play on either wing, but they felt his best position was through the middle, which is why I mentioned that Drawett went for him because he thought he could be the attacking midfielder that he felt we needed!

Being so versatile, Ojo could fill in for either Malone (left wing) or Jed (right wing), if one of them was injured, suspended or dropped due to bad form!

I still don’t see Jed as a forward player, but now we have Smith, Bennett, Bradshaw (!!!) and Afobe who are all interchangeable up front, Jed could revert back to his position as right winger/free player, and Ojo could also have a free role in the middle as well!

Drawett has to start Ojo against West Brom! Give him a free role to switch play from left and right wing, as well as playing through the middle, and with Jed and Malone also bombing forwards on the wings, all three can supply quality balls to our two forwards that will hopefully keep the Baggies defenders busy for 90 minutes!

Before Ojo signed two days ago, I would have expected a West Brom defeat! Now, if Drawett picks the right attacking formation, and our players are up for it and go for it, I think the least we can get from this game will be a draw!

The Scousers said, as he can play with both feet, he can play on either wing, but they felt his best position was through the middle, which is why I mentioned that Drawett went for him because he thought he could be the attacking midfielder that he felt we needed!

Being so versatile, Ojo could fill in for either Malone (left wing) or Jed (right wing), if one of them was injured, suspended or dropped due to bad form!

I still don’t see Jed as a forward player, but now we have Smith, Bennett, Bradshaw (!!!) and Afobe who are all interchangeable up front, Jed could revert back to his position as right winger/free player, and Ojo could also have a free role in the middle as well!

Drawett has to start Ojo against West Brom! Give him a free role to switch play from left and right wing, as well as playing through the middle, and with Jed and Malone also bombing forwards on the wings, all three can supply quality balls to our two forwards that will hopefully keep the Baggies defenders busy for 90 minutes!

Before Ojo signed two days ago, I would have expected a West Brom defeat! Now, if Drawett picks the right attacking formation, and our players are up for it and go for it, I think the least we can get from this game will be a draw!
Jed is no winger

It appears that at both his last two loan clubs, Rangers and Cardiff, he started very brightly then faded as the season progressed.

Let's hope that that weakness is already noted and dealt with appropriately by the coaching staff.

I didn’t realise, he had a season on loan at Wolves when Jed, Saville and Afobe were at the club. At least he will have some familiar faces around the place, hopefully he settles quickly and hits the ground running.

I didn’t realise, he had a season on loan at Wolves when Jed, Saville and Afobe were at the club. At least he will have some familiar faces around the place, hopefully he settles quickly and hits the ground running.
Yep, under Kenny Jackett.

James Henry also played that season, and was second top scorer behind Afobe.

The biggest problem we will face with Ojo, is his pace!

Normally, that would be a good thing, but as I mentioned before on another thread, if we successfully defend a corner or a free kick from outside the box, and the ball is cleared to Ojo, he will start to sprint upfield!

Nothing wrong with that, I hear you say, but how the fuck are our midfielders and forwards going to offer Ojo support, when they won’t be able to catch up with the fucker?

As we saw from the Fulham game, our players are not quick enough to out run more athletic players, so Ojo is either going to have to hold the ball up, and wait for his wheezing, groaning teammates to catch up, or take the ball through or round the opposition’s midfield/defence, and go for goal!

We‘ve suffered over the years in not having more quicker, younger and more fit players than the opposition, and I think Ojo’s pace will definitely show that up as one of our main deficiencies!

Normally, that would be a good thing, but as I mentioned before on another thread, if we successfully defend a corner or a free kick from outside the box, and the ball is cleared to Ojo, he will start to sprint upfield!

Nothing wrong with that, I hear you say, but how the fuck are our midfielders and forwards going to offer Ojo support, when they won’t be able to catch up with the fucker?

As we saw from the Fulham game, our players are not quick enough to out run more athletic players, so Ojo is either going to have to hold the ball up, and wait for his wheezing, groaning teammates to catch up, or take the ball through or round the opposition’s midfield/defence, and go for goal!

We‘ve suffered over the years in not having more quicker, younger and more fit players than the opposition, and I think Ojo’s pace will definitely show that up as one of our main deficiencies!
I’d argue we suffer with that now with Wallace, so they can keep each other company on the break !

You mean like Mahoney did against Cambridge when he ran 40-50metres and then laid it on a plate for of all people Matt Smith.