Wigan v Millwall match thread

I remember thinking that if we could stay in touch until the international break, we'd be in a good position to press on as we had players returning from injury and we had an easy run-in.

Just shows how wrong you can be.

I realised it when he took both attackers off at Luton when 2-1 up. I turned and said to my son - a very naive thing to do with 15 minutes left, because if they score, we can’t win.

Since then, I’ve doubted Rowett. The last 7 games have been agonising to watch for one reason - Rowetts inability to change a system that just isn’t working. It’s now cost us a play off place. That cements what I thought about Rowett - he’s not astute enough from a tactical point of view to take us on to the next level. Trouble is, that type manager is currently out of our grasp.
Is this his level, same as Jacket or is it funding ? Hes had funds at other clubs and done poorly. Getting rid of Afobe before signing a replacement was a major fuck up.
My main concern is he doesn't learn from his mistakes.
Saying that we have done well every year under him so i would stick with him no matter how nerve wracking his football can be.

Is this his level, same as Jacket or is it funding ? Hes had funds at other clubs and done poorly. Getting rid of Afobe before signing a replacement was a major fuck up.
Saying that we have done well every year under him so i would stick with him no matter how nerve wracking his football can be.
Not sure it will be our decision, he will be at a 'Big' Midlands club this time next year, my money is on WBA.

Who ever made the decision to not have a attack minded or ex striker as a coach somewhere within the club needs sacking!!
You could see today that no-one on the bench had any idea of what to do to get a result!!

Yes, I know he split fans but would have loved afobe to stay. By far better footballing brain than any of are current lot upfront.

With all due respect to Jackett, Rowett is a better manager. I don't think he's ever had a lower half finish ever in this division, been in a relegation scrap and has finished in the top half more often than not.

Blackburn clean through and just about to bag a second on 94 minutes, fuck it up and Preston break away and level. Back up to 6th for the night. This league!!
And just to think, there is a thread running with a GR OUT theme.
FFS, at least wait until the season finally ends, one way or another...

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Spot on mate. It ain’t called squeaky bum time for no reason, everyone’s having a wobble. Look at Norwich and Watford with their coffers for fuck sake. Shit performance today, agreed. Not played well for a while, agreed. But fuck me some of the shit I heard up there from some bods today was a fuckin disgrace. Been mentioned on other threads about our support or lack of it, couldn’t agree more. All this bollocks about Berylson should go for it, sign all these attacking players, a young manager who will go for the jugular week in, week out. Do me a favour! Be great wouldn’t it….until we get beat. Who would want to come here and put up with that shit? Tell you what, never a truer song at Millwall….The best supporters in the land when we win, a right bunch of bastards when we lose

Spot on mate. It ain’t called squeaky bum time for no reason, everyone’s having a wobble. Look at Norwich and Watford with their coffers for fuck sake. Shit performance today, agreed. Not played well for a while, agreed. But fuck me some of the shit I heard up there from some bods today was a fuckin disgrace. Been mentioned on other threads about our support or lack of it, couldn’t agree more. All this bollocks about Berylson should go for it, sign all these attacking players, a young manager who will go for the jugular week in, week out. Do me a favour! Be great wouldn’t it….until we get beat. Who would want to come here and put up with that shit? Tell you what, never a truer song at Millwall….The best supporters in the land when we win, a right bunch of bastards when we lose

You are bang on the money. You should see some of the social media posts. Players don't care, disgrace to the club etc.

And as for Berylson, the man who has sunk £100million into the club, going for it any more than he has? We're lucky his family haven't told him to pack us in. Without him we'd be fucked.

Really disappointing result but what I find more frustrating is that the players have put in the work to get us into a great position to see that wasted right at the end. As for GR out threads and piling the blame on a couple of young players, ridiculous.
I'm pissed of myself mate. But I would keep g.r any day.

But I love how the club is run

We are an old school stable club and one of the very few left. We make minimum changes to our squad season by season and I quite like it.

Fickle bastards who are supposed to be loyal. Toughen up and take it on the chin. Real Wall stick together and are the real mates you want in the trenches with you! Apparently it’s not over until some fat tart until she sings! “I said to my muvva..😉

Friday away to Blackpool has to be everything, no holding back, give everything, go all out and show how much we want it to give ourselves a chance for the last game against Blackburn, if GR doesn’t then there is something seriously wrong with that man, nothing to lose now and these x2 games will define our whole season, shit or bust time!!!

Friday away to Blackpool has to be everything, no holding back, give everything, go all out and show how much we want it to give ourselves a chance for the last game against Blackburn, if GR doesn’t then there is something seriously wrong with that man, nothing to lose now and these x2 games will define our whole season, shit or bust time!!!
Unfortunately, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks! However, the team didn’t seem to have any urgency, fight, determination, tenacity or desire about them at Wigan. They will tell us differently but I couldn’t see it. 🤷‍♂️

Can anyone honestly say that there is a team less confident with the ball than us? I'd love to know, how long on average, we keep the ball.

Can anyone honestly say that there is a team less confident with the ball than us? I'd love to know, how long on average, we keep the ball.
Nobody can keep it and run past someone into space comfortably. We never play a first time pass which signals inability to pass accurately or control.