Wigan v Millwall match thread

Posted before the game that this game would hinge on what Rowett does as the game plays out, well he took off the three players who can turn a game Saville, Styles and Bradshaw, where did he think the goals were coming from ?

We played exactly the same as in the games where we were held by teams we should be beating if we were seriously looking at top six or at least have a go at beating them.

The cynic in me says that we have thrown this away on purpose, an experienced Championship manager would have got us over the line in the position we have been in the last month, to totally collapse with no fight as we have done does not sit right and is not the Millwall way.
Including today's game, we have had well over half a dozen games to make sure of a play off spot.

Millwall manager Gary Rowett told BBC Radio London:

"I just said to the players that we didn't play like we were desperate to win the game and get in the top six. We played like we were scared of dropping out of the top six, and there's a big difference. That's a disappointment.

"I don't care where we finish, it's about pride, about going and doing ourselves justice.

"I told the players we either show a little bit of character, a little bit of bravery and show that we're hurt, or we just let the season peter out.

"It's been a good season but to get so close, have it in our hands and not turn up in a game like this, it's disappointing."
Maybe a bit of bravery could have been shown by him in a lot of games this season instead of sitting back defensive minded and letting the opposition grow in confidence ,then leaving the changes in players and tactics too late to effect the result.

I realised it when he took both attackers off at Luton when 2-1 up. I turned and said to my son - a very naive thing to do with 15 minutes left, because if they score, we can’t win.

Since then, I’ve doubted Rowett. The last 7 games have been agonising to watch for one reason - Rowetts inability to change a system that just isn’t working. It’s now cost us a play off place. That cements what I thought about Rowett - he’s not astute enough from a tactical point of view to take us on to the next level. Trouble is, that type manager is currently out of our grasp.
Maybe that needs to change then?

With the regen and the new training ground happening, maybe JB has to realise that now is the time to shit or get off the pot? To know that GR has taken us as far as he can, but to go forward and improve now requires spending the right amount of money to attract a younger, forward thinking, attacking manager! A manager who can turn around the fortunes of this current squad, and have the backing of JB to spend more money if certain players need replacing!

Yes, the club have to be aware of FFP, but Flemming’s signing has shown that you don’t need to spend millions to get in quality players! You just need to cast your net further afield, and when you find the right players who will improve the team, get them to sign on the dotted line sharpish!

At the end of the day, the money JB has spent on the club, is nothing more than a 16 year loan! If JB wants some/all of that loan back (with interest), he’s going to have to spend out more money to get the club into the Premiership, as it’s there that the big money is made, and where there’s more chance of the club repaying him! Until he does that, he’ll keep losing £12M+ every season, trying to keep us in the Championship and competing at a certain level, which every season will get progressively harder (and more costly) to do!

Blackburn clean through and just about to bag a second on 94 minutes, fuck it up and Preston break away and level. Back up to 6th for the night. This league!!
And just to think, there is a thread running with a GR OUT theme.
FFS, at least wait until the season finally ends, one way or another...

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Blackburn clean through and just about to bag a second on 94 minutes, fuck it up and Preston break away and level. Back up to 6th for the night. This league!!

i see that wtf dont think anyone wants to go up

Mind having watched Man city making Sheff utd look like a pub side with very little effort maybe you cant blame em ;)

Fuck the FA the mighty Gods are with us! 😉