why did we stop producing the program?

Personally I am disgusted that our club have stopped printing them.

They cannot have cost a fortune to print, and at £3+ they must have at least been slightly profitable? I find it extremely hard to believe, given the amount of adverts and sponsorship that used to fill the pages, that the club couldn't make a programme pay for itself?

A very strange decision that for me, the club need to justify.

They cannot have cost a fortune to print, and at £3+ they must have at least been slightly profitable?
Kavanah said the losses from producing a programmee that hardly anybody wants cost the club lost 35 grand last season. Only eight percent of the crowd bought one, a huge drop in sales from years gone by.

Kavanah said the losses from producing a programmee that hardly anybody wants cost the club lost 35 grand last season. Only eight percent of the crowd bought one, a huge drop in sales from years gone by.
That suggests to me that something is going wrong. Either they're paying too much to their supplier or not asking enough for their advertisement space. Also shows how backward this club is - £35k loss on a traditional programme = stop production. Hospitality managers, heads of department salaries £18k. Meanwhile we are throwing 5 figure a week contracts out like they're going out of fashion.

I expect they were also throwing away a good few hundred after each game which is not good on so many fronts

That suggests to me that something is going wrong.
It suggets to me that very few people are buying them.
Also shows how backward this club is - £35k loss on a traditional programme = stop production.
Must be plenty of other backward clubs out there cause they've stopped printing paper programmes as well! You can not believe what Kavanah is saying, you can disagree with the figures he's come up with but the fact remains that only a very small percentage of fans were buying them.

Hospitality managers, heads of department salaries £18k. Meanwhile we are throwing 5 figure a week contracts out like they're going out of fashion.
Expand please mate, you on about us or in general?

A shame truly. I am overly nostalgic (big Ray Bradbury fan) but it's genuine as I truly hate seeing such go by the wayside. No accounting for modern tastes.