Who do you want to replace Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best solution I can think of is that the board check through all the previous set of applicants and find 'managers' that have at least 5-10 years experience (possibly one's who have survived a relegation battle?) who are still available, pick top 2 for an interview then whoever wants the job get them in NOW!

Or give us the names and we'll make a poll and vote over the next 48 hours and pick our own manager ;)

He's one stubborn, delusional fuckwit. Persisting with a a formation that is just not working, with players completely unsuited to the role, is surely the sign of madness. We can't afford to be his pet vanity project any longer. He needs to fuck off back to player Championship Manager on his PlayStation or whatever the fuck it was he was doing previously.

Spot on. After stating he watched us numerous times last season also.. he knew what he was taking on, and we have certainly turned into a rollover team who can't last more than 20 minutes. Huge gaps all over the pitch, the setup and instructions only come from one bloke. We literally played with 1 centre back today, even though we had 5 defenders. Cooper way too far left, Leonard way too far right, tanganga left defending on his own between the goal posts... my point is clearly highlighted with (i think) the 2nd goal, gap between Tanganga and Leonard was huge. Awful tactician.
Why are we a yard off the pace, win very little second ball, let crossses in as if it’s a good thing and never get to the by line as put it across the box, must be tactics, surely the players cannot be this bad? So few pluses today Danny tried, Honeyman likewise and Esse a mike ahead with his passes and ideas , of course he gets subbed just as he and BNC got it going a bit, I can’t help but feel that JE tried to get us out of Rowett dull pragmatism, it hasn’t worked, and we are in some kind of limbo, can’t go back.

Why are we a yard off the pace, win very little second ball, let crossses in as if it’s a good thing and never get to the by line as put it across the box, must be tactics, surely the players cannot be this bad? So few pluses today Danny tried, Honeyman likewise and Esse a mike ahead with his passes and ideas , of course he gets subbed just as he and BNC got it going a bit, I can’t help but feel that JE tried to get us out of Rowett dull pragmatism, it hasn’t worked, and we are in some kind of limbo, can’t go back.

My opinion is we are setup incorrectly. To me, and anyone can correct me if they see or know differently, we play with a double pivot with 5 defenders. So theoretically we play 7 defensive players and a goalkeeper. Pivot players aren't know to be a box to box midfielder, which is why there are too many gaps and its disjointed between defense- midfield -attacking. I'd guess its why we don't win too many second balls also because the middle men are too deep.

The team look to be crying out to play a rigid 4-4-2 formation.

Not sure why JE insists that the wing backs push into nearly centre midfield. I wouldn't put this down to the players personally, because I've never noticed Danny mac being so far out of position, sitting as a cdm at times, I've noticed this in the last 3 games. Its not a natural thing for him to do, I've never seen him do this before in any other game. Fucked up v Ipswich being in this position, again I don't feel its what he wants to do or understands.. and I don't even know if JE understands what he's asking at times. I could go on but its quite pointless and all opinions. I'm not a qualified coach for this level by any means but I do coach 2 teams. I don't feel I'm right all the time either, sometimes you can read whats happening during the game but players arent told to adjust or given any different instructions.

I could be completely wrong, but its a view that I see.

Unfortunately we don't have much natural width in the selection of players so changing style of play is a little harder, but definitely not impossible. I hope we don't play 5 at the back next week, its simply not working whatever way he goes around it, but JE seems to be too stubborn to change his ways.

*But I could be a cunt and not know what I'm talking about also :grinning:

So he says to Rowett you’re sacked but will you agree to accept less money in compensation by agreeing mutual terms.
He didn't accept Less money he was paid what he was due and GR agreed to go quietly and go with the flow if it was put out it was mutual and he got his pay off

Aldo out.
Everyone spoke about how it was his idea and him revelling in praise at the time. Dont know how this little 2 bob journo has so much sway

The best solution I can think of is that the board check through all the previous set of applicants and find 'managers' that have at least 5-10 years experience (possibly one's who have survived a relegation battle?) who are still available, pick top 2 for an interview then whoever wants the job get them in NOW!

Or give us the names and we'll make a poll and vote over the next 48 hours and pick our own manager ;)
We're don't appeal to many managers out there. Small budget that limits the quality of player we can afford to buy. Plus us- the baggage that comes with the job. The first thing i'd do when appointing a Millwall manager is make sure he's tough enough to cope with a demanding and straight talking fan base.

We're don't appeal to many managers out there. Small budget that limits the quality of player we can afford to buy. Plus us- the baggage that comes with the job. The first thing i'd do when appointing a Millwall manager is make sure he's tough enough to cope with a demanding and straight talking fan base.
Good points, but surely those who previously applied must have been interested at some point and if out of work may be more than happy to ply their trade.

The bonus being that if we do get relegated, nobody can really blame them. The worse thing that could happen is JE stays until it's irreversible.

Why are we a yard off the pace, win very little second ball, let crossses in as if it’s a good thing and never get to the by line as put it across the box, must be tactics, surely the players cannot be this bad?
The players are simply not not fit enough or accustomed to playing the high press. They are block and hoof players, stay in your zone and don't be running up filed with the ball is all they're conditioned for. We collapse after 20 minutes. I'd say that the physical demands now put on them plus the lack of confidence/ belief are major factors for our decline.

I've tried to like Edwards but i can't. I'm at the stage in life where i've eased up a bit with my temper, more tolerant and kinda feel for him a bit but at the same time i want to windmill his peanut off and then hurt him badly. He's harming one of the things i cherish most in life and i ain't fucking happy about it.

Completely irrational i know but i get like this when anybody takes the piss out of my club and us supporters. He won't change tactics that are getting us continuously beaten. He stubbornly refuses to accept responsibility or admit he's not up to it. The players look broken, he's sending them out for more of the same as last time and the time before. The same fucking tactics that are taking us down and he's getting paid fot it.

In my opinion and one i've only quite recently come to is that Edwards will never be able to succeed here because we simply can't afford the type of player he needs. New top notch players X eleven- plus subs. All of what i just said and must be willing to drop down to league one where Millwall are going to play like Brazil for a season.

Relegation will mean a huge loss in revenue. Something i believe we can't afford to happen. It can take years to get back. People mentioning Ipswich a lot. They were getting nearly 30k a home game in league one but it took them three seasons to get out of that league. Portsmouth have been stranded there for years. We only tend to be promoted via the play offs and not automatic promotion. So far from a given/ just a formality.

Fuck all that- lets go down and rebuild-chat. Rebuild with what and with who at the helm defining our future? Fucking Aldo and his Ipad? The championship is where we need to be.

It's outgrowing us in some ways and our current predicament was expected in many respects because the truth is that this league is becoming more defined by money/ size of club. Clubs spending more than our entire summer budget on one player. How do you compete with that on a regular basis but with far from regular finances?

We can't and it will get harder. If anything we'll be just about able to spend enough money to stand still.

Last edited:
Explain why the likes of Cooper, Leonard, Wallace, Fleming, Mitchell to name a few have looked so lethargic in recent weeks..
Because they aren't physically fit enough to play how Edwards wants them too. We tire to quick as a team. I agree with you that it isn't all on the manager but he's paid to get results and he's not. There's nothing to say a fit team would do any better because Edwards is tactically naive. He's having to pit his wits against highly experienced managers and players and at a level that he's not familiar with and it shows.

We had a solid back 4 who are out and out defenders. Trying to turn them into Barcelona or a back 5 simply will not work, neither will a lone striker. We need fast counter attacks from the likes of Emakhu to attack before the other side resets its defence as we struggle to unlock defences. This probably partially explains why we used to do well against teams higher up the table and worse against the teams lower down who sit deep. We need to return to what suits us and add some pace in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.