Who do you want to replace Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time for him to go. it was a brave choice that has bitten us on the arse, you can see that given the right players he could be a half decent coach, but we do not have the money to buy a completely new team and drooping down to rebuild will cost us too much, We need someone to come in and stableise us, who that is I have no idea, but hope the board get it right this time.

Because they aren't physically fit enough to play how Edwards wants them too. We tire to quick as a team. I agree with you that it isn't all on the manager but he's paid to get results and he's not. There's nothing to say a fit team would do any better because Edwards is tactically naive. He's having to pit his wits against highly experienced managers and players and at a level that he's not familiar with and it shows.

I think that you are being a bit generous. It must have been clear to Edwards after the first few training sessions that the squad did not have the type and/or level of fitness needed to play the way he wanted.

Imo the obvious questions to then ask are, how long will it take to get them up to the levels required? What needs to be done to achieve it? What are the risks in doing so e.g. increased risk of injury; negative effect on match day performance in the short term, etc? Do I need to bring Fitness trainers in from outside the club to assist? Etc.

You would expect Edwards to have asked himself similar questions, however if he did then he came up with the wrong answers. The fitness levels haven't increased; injuries keep piling up. Let's gloss over the performance. If a fitness coach was brought in then he's useless, but I doubt that's the case as there is no mention of one on the club website (Seems like the last one left when Rowett departed).

Assuming that Edwards dictates what happens on the football side of things at the club then those failures are down to him.

The players are simply not not fit enough or accustomed to playing the high press. They are block and hoof players, stay in your zone and don't be running up filed with the ball is all they're conditioned for. We collapse after 20 minutes. I'd say that the physical demands now put on them plus the lack of confidence/ belief are major factors for our decline.

I've tried to like Edwards but i can't. I'm at the stage in life where i've eased up a bit with my temper, more tolerant and kinda feel for him a bit but at the same time i want to windmill his peanut off and then hurt him badly. He's harming one of the things i cherish most in life and i ain't fucking happy about it.

Completely irrational i know but i get like this when anybody takes the piss out of my club and us supporters. He won't change tactics that are getting us continuously beaten. He stubbornly refuses to accept responsibility or admit he's not up to it. The players look broken, he's sending them out for more of the same as last time and the time before. The same fucking tactics that are taking us down and he's getting paid fot it.

In my opinion and one i've only quite recently come to is that Edwards will never be able to succeed here because we simply can't afford the type of player he needs. New top notch players X eleven- plus subs. All of what i just said and must be willing to drop down to league one where Millwall are going to play like Brazil for a season.

Relegation will mean a huge loss in revenue. Something i believe we can't afford to happen. It can take years to get back. People mentioning Ipswich a lot. They were getting nearly 30k a home game in league one but it took them three seasons to get out of that league. Portsmouth have been stranded there for years. We only tend to be promoted via the play offs and not automatic promotion. So far from a given/ just a formality.

Fuck all that- lets go down and rebuild-chat. Rebuild with what and with who at the helm defining our future? Fucking Aldo and his Ipad? The championship is where we need to be.

It's outgrowing us in some ways and our current predicament was expected in many respects because the truth is that this league is becoming more defined by money/ size of club. Clubs spending more than our entire summer budget on one player. How do you compete with that on a regular basis but with far from regular finances?

We can't and it will get harder. If anything we'll be just about able to spend enough money to stand still.
I think your opening sentence is the main fact in our demise currently. If the players are requested to go all attack then all behind the counter they are just not up to it after 20 mins. Joe , Rowett, Barratt, all have a share of blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.