Where will we finish in the table this season?

Is there any concrete evidence that a) Rowett is looking for a new keeper, and b) that if he comes in he will immediately replace Long in our first game away to Boro?

Personally, I can‘t see Long not being between the sticks come Aug 5th!
Rumours were that we were favourites to get Travers in on loan.
Bournemouth have a new owner with money to spend, they now have 3 gk's and were abroad last week, if it were to happen then we should hear something this week.
I'm sure Rowett will pick the best gk available to him on August 5th

Bournemouth have a new owner with money to spend, they now have 3 gk's and were abroad last week, if it were to happen then we should hear something this week.
Think we were all surprised last season when (for no reason we could think of at the time), Rowett suddenly dropped Bart and replaced him with Long! As the season went on, and Long copped a fair bit of flack for mistakes he made in goal, it didn’t seem enough for Rowett to drop Long and reinstate Bart, so in that respect it would seem only natural for Rowett to want to start the new season with Long as his No. 1. If that is still the case, where has all this talk come from about Long potentially leaving? From SM? The club? The player?

Haven’t seen or read anything that Long himself wants to leave, so he must be happy (as must Rowett) to go into this season as first choice keeper, and not be thinking of leaving to ply his trade at a lower division club! It’s interesting on the OS squad page that Long, in the goalkeeping section, is the 1st photo, with Connal Trueman the 2nd photo, and Bart as the 3rd photo! Is that how Rowett sees the line up order of his 3 keepers now? I understand moving Bart down the pecking order to No. 3 spot (due to his age) but if Rowett is still happy with Long as his No. 1, and happy to move Trueman up, why does he feel the need to get another keeper (Travers) in on loan, especially if Trueman and Bart aren’t going anywhere? Would Travers be happy to come in as a No. 2 or No. 3 keeper? I shouldn’t think so!

The only reason I can think of getting Travers in, is if Rowett is now having second thoughts about Long as his No. 1, whilst also realising that Bart is now too old, and that for some reason he can’t trust Trueman to step up to the No. 1 spot! Otherwise, what is the point of paying out a proportion of high wages to Bournemouth for their keeper, if we won’t be seeing him in the No. 1 position this season?

Not sure what to say, reading into what order photo's are shown is a bit strange, I wasn't surprised at Long taking over as it is up to the manager to decide that seeing as he and his coaching staff are in the best position to decide and we did get an explanation at the time.
We have brought all 3 keepers into the club at a time when we needed them for various reasons and perhaps they were the best on offer that we could afford at the time.
As of our situation today, the club might see Travers as an improvement in the GK dept. and as he has recently become available they might choose to try and sign him, if we do we will eventually find out what will happen to the other 3 GK's.
Travers was Bournemouth's GK for the season they last got promoted from the Championship so it would look like an improvement on what we currently have, whatever happens it is for the club to deal with with as little public knowledge as possible.
If it turns out to be true then I will be happy for the club to take on Travers, nice to see a premiership player who wants to play rather than take the easy route of picking up wages whilst in the reserves.

More of a case of what I'd be happy with considering a few things.

Tougher teams with larger transfer funds than normal. If we manage to keep Flemming? Who we sign from now until the end of the season? Can Nesbit hit the ground running? Potential injuries before the season starts? A fair few factors to take into account.

The above determines whether we fight for the play offs or we finish mid table IMO.

Either one I'd be happy with, as prior to this season and perhaps last season, I'd always have relegation in the back of my mind... Not this season that's for sure, which is refreshing to say the least!

Top 10 is a minimum regardless I'd say. I for one think we will upset quite a few opposition fans with where we finish next season.

COYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoke though appear to be the side now pushing to snap up Travers and it remains to be seen if Millwall take any firm steps to provide them with competition.

This continual moaning about Long is getting boring & wont help if he gets to read any of this. I think we are lucky to have him given some of those that have gone before.

If this is the squad for the rest of the season, I think we will manage mid to lower end in the table.

Any higher, it depends if we sign any more players which seem’s to have gone quite since JB’s passing.

In 1987 we started the season away to Middlesbrough with a few promising new signings Tony Cascarino and George Lawrence being two of them, I’ve a feeling automatic is a good possibility.

To be honest, I'm usually a bit of a pessimist. All I really want is for us to get the 45 points or so that we need to stay up - after that, it's all a bonus. But I like the business the club has done so far. We badly needed a few more options up front and I think that Nisbet will give us that. Joe Bryan looks decent too.

But there are two big questions. First, will Flemming stay? Second, can we strengthen at CB? If it's yes to those questions, then I think we can make the playoffs. If not, somewhere around mid table is more likely.

As for how strong this season will be, only time will tell. Yes, you'd have to be a bit worried about the teams that have come down and the teams coming up look a bit better than usual too. But the Championship is always hard to read at the start of the season. We've often seem teams that look strong on paper come down from the Prem and flop. Let's hope Leeds fall into that category this year :lol: .

To be honest, I'm usually a bit of a pessimist. All I really want is for us to get the 45 points or so that we need to stay up - after that, it's all a bonus.
Join the club mate! :grinning:
But I like the business the club has done so far. We badly needed a few more options up front and I think that Nisbet will give us that. Joe Bryan looks decent too.

But there are two big questions. First, will Flemming stay? Second, can we strengthen at CB? If it's yes to those questions, then I think we can make the playoffs. If not, somewhere around mid table is more likely.
If Rowett can get a couple more permanent players in, like maybe Styles in midfield, Shackleton at RB (to make Danny work a bit more going forward), and another goalkeeper, not only will we have a better team than last season, but it will show Flemming the type of calibre the club is looking at buying in (and the fact that Flemming knows what Styles and Shacks can do from last season would take away any uncertainty he might have!)

If he has had his head turned by a Prem move, buying these types of players in might make all the difference in him thinking of staying, and helping us push on again for promotion!
As for how strong this season will be, only time will tell. Yes, you'd have to be a bit worried about the teams that have come down and the teams coming up look a bit better than usual too. But the Championship is always hard to read at the start of the season. We've often seem teams that look strong on paper come down from the Prem and flop. Let's hope Leeds fall into that category this year :lol: .
It’s also down to suspensions and injuries and a lot of luck in not getting too many of those in a season. It’s also about making sure that when we get suspensions and injuries, we have the right calibre of player to come in, take over that position and make it their own! Players need to fight for places and show Rowett what they can do!

Leeds supporters on one of their forums are not confident at all that they will bounce back to the Prem at the first time of asking, even with Farke as their new manager! Personally, my dark horse to do well this season is Ipswich. They already had a good squad in league 1 last season, and have added even more quality to the squad for this Championship campaign!