What about us?

Up until their 2nd goal I thought the support was excellent 👌 but it was embarrassing 🙈 seeing masses heading for the exits!
Not the wall I know. Having the stomach to sit and bare the worst of results is simply showing your metal. Winning and losing gracefully and taking it on the chin makes winning and losing special. Walking out before the very end is (in my eyes) weak and cowardly - unless of course you’ve got a train to catch.

it started off good but the mass exodus after the third goal was completely embarrassing. Problem is what is there to get excited by Millwall home goals are becoming rarer than rocking horse shit (1 in 4 games) and the football is at best tedious.
The problem is not fans getting behind the team its the team giving the fans something to get behind.

it started off good but the mass exodus after the third goal was completely embarrassing. Problem is what is there to get excited by Millwall home goals are becoming rarer than rocking horse shit (1 in 4 games) and the football is at best tedious.
The problem is not fans getting behind the team its the team giving the fans something to get behind.
Combination of both in my eyes.

Noticed that on the TV. It was a bit embarrassing, but I'd convinced myself that they were only leaving early to meet and greet the weeds supporters outside.😁

This leaving early seems to be at all grounds now as is corners and free kicks,every player seems to be in the penalty area,no forwards on the half way line

Don't think the buzz about the place or the atmosphere has been the same since pre covid. Fuck knows why but it has been flat for some time now. I noticed it when weplayed Qpr at home last season. A London derby with abit of edge because of recent history but it was dead like it was against the likes of Wigan etc. There are more newcomers, bigger crowds but that shouldn't be an excuse for flat atmospheres.

Some say it's because of the football being served up but i'm not so sure cause Harris ball weren't great but we still got a racket going. I've tried getting a monks chant going a few times this season only gto be met with strange looks and near silence. It's a shame cause we really can be the 12th on our day. Don't know what the solution is but it's one more thing that's making matchdays less enjoyable. Going down the Den has lost it's magic and appeal that it once had for me. Me and my lot still go and always will but it's becoming more of a chore.

Yeah the stewarding is shit and ott but that shouldn't effect how we support the team. I've noticed Rowett and the playres getting a lot more flak from some in the crowd. Bristol at home-new season- ten minutes in and there's strings laying into the team and booing them. Came close to windmills where we was plotted and bods were fucked off cause they was going to get a dig.

I've never known a Millwall crowd to turn so quickly on the players and manager. People pay there dough and entitled to there opinions but 10 minutes into a game? Fuck that, that's not for me. I'd rather stay at home and save thirty notes. I can't see what it brings to the team that you pay good money to support. To many with unreasonable expectations and little or no patience or grip on reallity. We have the same manager that had us in the top six for a period last season. He hasn't become shit over night. I think he's earnt the right to be given time to get things right. Booing the team and slagging individuals isn't going to make them play better.

The Den used to be a hostile place for teams to come and play. Now it's become a hostile place for our own players. It's self defeating and only serves to encourage the away team.

Speedy recovery mate!!
Cheers mate, on the mend.

Spot on with what you say as well and that was the point I was trying to make. Not to keep harking back to the good old days, but I recall some really hostile atmospheres with half the number of people and in a far worse league position.

Also agree that it's not just this season, it is since Covid.

Also agree that it's not just this season, it is since Covid.
That's my take too mate. The edginess seems to have gone. Apathy seems to have set in. Don't know why, maybe football isn't as important as before. Who knows but it's very noticable ant that's a real shame.

All the characters that'd come out with comical one liners have gone quiet. The nasty side of us that comes to the fore when play an foe is almost non existent. Many of the things that made the Den a horrible place for away teams to come have all but disappeared. That all can't be down to the brand of football we're watching. Crowds are at there highest since 88/89. I know people are more mindful of what they shout but that shouldn't affect the over all atmosphere.

I'll be down there tomorrow night but can forsee a very low turnout. I'll be getting behind them and being my normal lunatic self :smoke:

I’ll be getting behind them and being my normal lunatic self :smoke:
This. Can’t help myself-lose, win or draw it’s a release to have a rant, cheer and chant. Although, I don’t jump up and down like that fella against Leeds in the Dockers that’s now going viral- even though it’s not that funny at all.

en though it’s not that funny at all.
It's about as funny as having really bad aids.I;ve seen it on another site with the usual sneery comments and insults. You'd think he was the first person to make a tit out of himself at football match. The internet is weird.

I'm thinking of designing the ultimate laptop that will cater for the most important and essential things in life. It will have an 18inch screen and only two big buttons instead of a keyboard. Those two buttons will cover all bases. On those buttons will be two seperate words.

1695163957861.png

1695164207332.jpeg

It's about as funny as having really bad aids.I;ve seen it on another site with the usual sneery comments and insults. You'd think he was the first person to make a tit out of himself at football match. The internet is weird.

I'm thinking of designing the ultimate laptop that will cater for the most important and essential things in life. It will have an 18inch screen and only two big buttons instead of a keyboard. Those two buttons will cover all bases. On those buttons will be two seperate words.

View attachment 23796

View attachment 23798
Can I pre order 6 of them please?

Don't think the buzz about the place or the atmosphere has been the same since pre covid. Fuck knows why but it has been flat for some time now. I noticed it when weplayed Qpr at home last season. A London derby with abit of edge because of recent history but it was dead like it was against the likes of Wigan etc. There are more newcomers, bigger crowds but that shouldn't be an excuse for flat atmospheres.

Some say it's because of the football being served up but i'm not so sure cause Harris ball weren't great but we still got a racket going. I've tried getting a monks chant going a few times this season only gto be met with strange looks and near silence. It's a shame cause we really can be the 12th on our day. Don't know what the solution is but it's one more thing that's making matchdays less enjoyable. Going down the Den has lost it's magic and appeal that it once had for me. Me and my lot still go and always will but it's becoming more of a chore.

Yeah the stewarding is shit and ott but that shouldn't effect how we support the team. I've noticed Rowett and the playres getting a lot more flak from some in the crowd. Bristol at home-new season- ten minutes in and there's strings laying into the team and booing them. Came close to windmills where we was plotted and bods were fucked off cause they was going to get a dig.

I've never known a Millwall crowd to turn so quickly on the players and manager. People pay there dough and entitled to there opinions but 10 minutes into a game? Fuck that, that's not for me. I'd rather stay at home and save thirty notes. I can't see what it brings to the team that you pay good money to support. To many with unreasonable expectations and little or no patience or grip on reallity. We have the same manager that had us in the top six for a period last season. He hasn't become shit over night. I think he's earnt the right to be given time to get things right. Booing the team and slagging individuals isn't going to make them play better.

The Den used to be a hostile place for teams to come and play. Now it's become a hostile place for our own players. It's self defeating and only serves to encourage the away team.
Spot on about since Covid. I actually thought post Covid would have been good for Millwall, people returning who maybe hadn’t been for a while and just the general feeling of being back would make going football even better…..how wrong that was. The club obviously lost shit loads of money during the pandemic and has since been pushing for tourist fans and new comers actively. It’s something we’ve ever had before and it’s definitely diluted our support, this along with the club feeling stale has made for the feeling we are all getting now. I do think we can get it back to a degree, we are all still going & I just think the club needs a refresh asap. But it’s not just us, speaking to regular goers of other clubs and footballs just been in the decline atmosphere wise post pandemic, people have more worries than ever and football just isn’t worth stressing over anymore for some.