What about us?

kinelloz

A lot of posts about GR today, it was far from great, but even when we've been shit in years gone by, the fans created a hostile atmosphere. The Brighton play off game when we were 4-1 down springs to mind.

Regardless of score, we made the place horrible. Had to miss today (Covid), but the atmosphere coming through on TV was piss poor.

Hopefully someone can put me right and today was better than it came across, but if the place isn't on fire, maybe the players are finding it tough at home. It's a 2 way street and we should be creating a hostile environment whoever we are playing or what the score is. The thread about chants was interesting, imagine a full on 'we are evil' echoing from our three stands

Something is missing for me; I said so to me mate at the start of the second half today. It's like the edge has gone, or the barbs of the wire have been filed down.

I've never really thought of us as great singers anyway, but what we have always had in the past is an atmosphere toxic with a threat of violence simmering just below the surface, a threat of violence just real enough to make opposition uncomfortable. Not so much a partisan support rather than a sinister mood that conveyed the message that if at all possible we would very much like to do some serious harm to the opposition. The kind of atmosphere that most opposition players would rather not be subjected to.

I don't think we have that anymore; at least not in a genuinely worrying way from the point of view of the opposition.

I guess it's just the changing demographic of our support.

Something is missing for me; I said so to me mate at the start of the second half today. It's like the edge has gone, or the barbs of the wire have been filed down.

I've never really thought of us as great singers anyway, but what we have always had in the past is an atmosphere toxic with a threat of violence simmering just below the surface, a threat of violence just real enough to make opposition uncomfortable. Not so much a partisan support rather than a sinister mood that conveyed the message that if at all possible we would very much like to do some serious harm to the opposition. The kind of atmosphere that most opposition players would rather not be subjected to.

I don't think we have that anymore; at least not in a genuinely worrying way from the point of view of the opposition.

Quoting the thread we have about songs, we ain't evil anymore. The way moden football and life has gone, It feels as If too many are resigned to the fact that life and passion has been taken away from us with the consequences far outweighing the hostility the resides In us. It's like a cunt of a wife that wears you down and breaks your spirit.

I sat in the west lower today block 34, for reasons I mentioned in a previous message. I stood all game as it was a crap view, however when I joined in the Monks chant it was like I had 2 heads, the looks of disbelief.

Around 1.15 (obviously before Leeds put the game to bed) the noise was so loud in the East Upper I took a quick video to show the grandkids (who were playing Sunday football)
No complaints from me.
Secondwave, I noticed that your part of the west lower, blocks 33 & 34 (for some reason) had more empty seats than anywhere else in the ground (unless you cleared them out with your monks chant 😅)

I sat in the west lower today block 34, for reasons I mentioned in a previous message. I stood all game as it was a crap view, however when I joined in the Monks chant it was like I had 2 heads, the looks of disbelief.
We were in block 34 too, usually block 2. It was poor, only a handful joining in with the chant and nolu. We had 4 tourists in front of us but the majority were English speaking from what I could tell. It was almost as if they were sitting there watching the game on telly.

once the 2nd goal went in all the day trappers fucked off never seen the ground empty so fast guess is what we are now can't say it a one off as its like this week in week out

once the 2nd goal went in all the day trappers fucked off never seen the ground empty so fast guess is what we are now can't say it a one off as its like this week in week out

Wasn't just day trippers. My boys go every game, home & away - but them and their crowd had it on their toes at 2-0. I have never left a game early, I hate it, I believe you stay to the bitter end regardless, but we are where we are with the shit being served up.

As for the fan not creating an atmosphere. Well, it's been in decline for years. You get busy stewards giving ya grief, the theat of a nick if you do or say the wrong thing & to make it worse, Rowett ball gets more & more boring by the game.

4 wins in 18 at home is hardly gonna get the crowd pumped

I left just after the 3rd... I was too close to their lot (Block 1) and I would have tried jumping from the West Upper into them as they were seriously mouthing off.. So my son dragged me out the ground.

Two of there subs were are better players last season
Reality check !!!
I still wish it was 1976 walk round and give the mouthy northern cnts a good kickin

Norwich was the worst away crowd I’ve ever known. The only time we sang was to slate GR and a few comical songs towards the end. It’s certainly not all the fans fault as it was the worst performance in years. But, I agree, our support has changed and I’m not even sure a change of manager and approach will change it.

I fear it’s the death of our great club and old skool supporters happening slowly, right before our eyes.

Maybe a good old style riot is required . . . 😂