West brom V Wall match thread

Sorry I didn't get to wish our travelling support a good afternoon, but safe journey home.
Really impressed by our first half work rate, but disappointed we didn't make the most of our chances.
WBA punished us after our missed penalty, and were determined to put an end to us getting a win.
No grumbles from me, as it showed were not easily beaten.
Leonard an absolute stalwart. Some great passes, and tackles. Worthy of a starting place every week, if he keeps this up.
Hopefully Tom will recover quickly, or we're going to see some juggling in the squad.
COYL.

They have put four past one side and three against another at home this season. They cut open you right up if you give them the chance. I agree that Rowett get it spot on again. There won't be many teams that keep a clean sheet at the Hawthorns. They've only failed to score at home twice from there last 20 games, both times it's been against us.
If we “opened up” we could all be dreading Saturday now instead of being set up well for it.

Casper is some player, wins the ball and can see a pass, Leonard is having the best spell for the club and seems to have found his position in defence, Coopers passing range today looks miles better.

Flemming, completely lost it, shame but I think he will come good, got off the mark in midweek.

Good result today, shame we didn’t put the pen away.

Roll on Saturday

So lucky to get a point. Poor performance. One dimensional and toothless in attack. A lot of good attacking talent not being used. Similarities with southgate in that safety first over cautious approach.

Last edited:
Decent point on the road. Could have been different had the pen gone in but not to be. If you can't win then don't fucking lose. Four points on the board this week which i would have taken prior to the two games played.

Quick word for Ryan Leonard- Fucking superb at the moment. He's a very clever player and technically superb.
Leonard was our best player. Been a long time coming but he has been superb this season.

If we “opened up” we could all be dreading Saturday now instead of being set up well for it.
I didnt think west brom where that good, i think we let them grow in confidence as the game went on.
Bart cooper wallace all lumping up the pitch. Sat back and let them take control, most of the game looked like we had a flat back 5. At one point we had 4 full backs on the pitch. Bart made a couple of great saves and somehow we kept a clean sheet. The only save their keeper had to make all game was the penalty and he made it.we got lucky. Hopefully its a confidence booster for the team.

So frustrating watching us put pressure on ourselves game after game, today included, by gifting possession to our opponents. How many times today did Bart just lump it forward and we gain possession? I think he threw the ball out by hand ONCE. On a couple of occasions he flatly turned it down when it was on. Instructions??
Secondly, how many free kicks do we give away in our defensive half by barging their player in the back when they have the ball but facing away from our goal?Fall down, get a foul every time.! Poor Coaching?? The second half today was torrid, at least in part because of the above.

Well remembered mate. I'd forgotten the cup win. We have adecent home record against them too! They've won once at the Den in our last ten meetings.
Cheers PL.
I think we have take into account the budget West Brom have compared to ours, they have far more resources than us but they struggle to beat us. Says a lot for the mentality and game plan at our club, but we still get criticised on here by some of our supporters, which is their right, even though we got a point, which should have been three but for Zian's poor penalty. Not forgetting the absence of Nisbet then Bradshaw going off injured.
A point for me was quite an outstanding achievement.

As others have commented, we were good first half and struggled second. Real shift by Lennie and Casper. Think De Norre could be what we've missing in the middle for a while. Looks after the ball, sets a good tempo and can get a foot in when needed.

Don't know if others saw Molumby take a kick at Bart. Happened following cross into our box with those two and one other on the floor. Molumby seemed to take a kick at Bart before he got up. Looked a snidey thing to do.

Correct what Rowett says, clean sheets are mounting up now. Coincidence or Ryan’s pace brain and ferocity?. 2 of my quotes. We just need a midfielder who can beat a player otherwise we can’t find space, unless an intelligent run is found by an intelligent pass. Was hoping Fleming could be our maestro in the middle, still time.

Correct what Rowett says, clean sheets are mounting up now. Coincidence or Ryan’s pace brain and ferocity?. 2 of my quotes. We just need a midfielder who can beat a player otherwise we can’t find space, unless an intelligent run is found by an intelligent pass. Was hoping Fleming could be our maestro in the middle, still time.

We know Flemming can do it, but I think he is going through a bad form period and is not very consistant. I think he will come good, I just hope it's sooner than later.

Members online