West brom V Wall match thread

First half we were the better team and if that penalty goes in we may well have won that game, but 2nd half they had a right go and we defended like beavers.

Up to 10th. Rowett seriously has to go because we should be ten points clear at the top.

Decent point on the road. Could have been different had the pen gone in but not to be. If you can't win then don't fucking lose. Four points on the board this week which i would have taken prior to the two games played.

Quick word for Ryan Leonard- Fucking superb at the moment. He's a very clever player and technically superb.

Decent point on the road. Could have been different had the pen gone in but not to be. If you can't win then don't fucking lose. Four points on the board this week which i would have taken prior to the two games played.

Quick word for Ryan Leonard- Fucking superb at the moment. He's a very clever player and technically superb.
Fuckin superb again Ryan Leonard, if he stays fit he can be massive for us

On paper a really good point, but another tedious watch where apart from being gifted a penalty we didn’t create anything.

After being coached in Total Football in the youth system at Ajax, Flemming‘s head must be spinning trying to work out how we are trying to play going forward. I’d love to see Emakhu and Esse getting regular starts to play off him.

Reactions: Owl
A good point and a clean sheet. Although those midland fuckwits had a go second half, they ain't no better than us.

I notice a lot of teams who think they are pretty on the eye are shipping in goals like girls Hockey teams. GR's defensive caution will probably be our strength at the end of the day. If we can start scoring goals we will be hanging around those play-off spots....Mind you, we say that every season with GR.
:grinning:

On paper a really good point, but another tedious watch where apart from being gifted a penalty we didn’t create anything.

After being coached in Total Football in the youth system at Ajax, Flemming‘s head must be spinning trying to work out how we are trying to play going forward. I’d love to see Emakhu and Esse getting regular starts to play off him.
open up against a team like west brom they would rip us to shreds. man for man they have a better team. rowett spot on today with tactics.

Penalty miss would have won it. For whatever reason flemming not same player as last year. Did next to nothing today. Great defending second half. Leonard immense.
Fleming has been poor to atrocious for ages. He simply doesn’t deserve his place in the side at the moment. Can’t all be down to him alledgedly being played out of position.

My mate was there and he said we didn’t have a shot second half. They hit the bar twice. Still, a point is a point and twinkle toes ….their captain…didn’t get off the bench until 77 minutes!

Should be Captain, never gives less than 100% and a very useful player.

Should be Captain, never gives less than 100% and a very useful player.
Probably needs a good run of games to be considered. He may well get those games now he's playing defence and not required to do as much running. Always rated him but has never really been consistent enough to make a proper impact. Lets hope he can continue injury free!

open up against a team like west brom they would rip us to shreds. man for man they have a better team. rowett spot on today with tactics.
They have put four past one side and three against another at home this season. They cut you open if you give them the chance. I agree that Rowett got it spot on again. There won't be many teams that keep a clean sheet at the Hawthorns. They've only failed to score at home twice from there last 20 games, both times it's been against us.

Last edited:

Members online