Wall v Wigan match thread

The so called lower teams are just better then us, that's all. Wigan were a bigger threat all game then we were, better players IMO

Long went down far too early for their goal and left a tap in, he has to be dropped becoming a liability now.

Before the break we comfortably beat Preston away 4-2. Preston beat Blackburn 4-1 away today. Just don’t get these pat two performances

He went for the initial shot...which rebounded to be put other side of him. Not at fault imho....central defence however were woeful for the goal
He anticipated the shot instead of reacting to the shot, which is why he went down far too early and left his goal exposed.

Maybe it’s mental
I’ve been saying this since GR took over (not blaming him because, at the end of the day, it’s the players that have to perform on the pitch, not the manager!)

Wouldn’t surprise me, when our players know they’re about to play a lower league Championship/relegation side, that they think, “The supporters expect us to roll over team X,” thereby instantly putting pressure on themselves to perform, and when they don’t, and keep on under performing against other lowly teams, the players become caught in a vicious circle of fear and losing, and it’s entirely of their own doing! Only they, as a team, can break that cycle and play better!

Its either that or as a team, the players don’t think they’re good enough (or are too scared), of ‘going for it,’ and achieving promotion to the Prem! Maybe they are more happy just playing in the Championship, where there would be less pressure on them to perform on a consistent basis!

Answers on a post card to…..

They had a new manager and all that stuff...
We weren't at our best and they were, making it a tough game.

It will start to get interesting during the transfer window if the rumours are true about the comings and goings. We defiantly need a player or two with some spark and creativity about them in the final third.

Have a good one mate. Unfortunately I can’t get down there today but will be back for the Bristol city game.
Cheers mate, weren't many down there today which i expected. Was going to meet up with B. but he's fighting off some bug. Will make sure B does the Bristol game and we'll meet up for p&m or pub before hand! You didn't miss nothing mate, again, as expected it was grim and a chore. Least we never lost!

Long went down far too early for their goal and left a tap in, he has to be dropped becoming a liability now.
Bit harsh mate. It was a lucky goal with the deflection which Long had already committed to. 🤷‍♂️
They had a new manager and all that stuff...
We weren't at our best and they were, making it a tough game.

It will start to get interesting during the transfer window if the rumours are true about the comings and goings. We defiantly need a player or two with some spark and creativity about them in the final third.
What about the rest being “a player or two with some spark and creativity about them”? Not the Wall spirit we expect! :wagging: