Wall V Rotherham match thread 7.45 kick off

How good a player is Leonard? Thought he was quality. Hope he stays fit. Also, 00 has to be played in that central position behind the striker’s otherwise a waste of time. De Norre look the part too. Okay they were pony but the sort of.game we’d fuck up. Credit where it’s due after Sunday.

I thought he tried hard but lacked a bit of decision making and quality when he got past his man. Similar to Danny tbh. At the moment I don’t see him as a step forward from Danny, just a good replacement/back up.

He’s got a bit more attacking intent though, which is what we all want to see, so a good addition.
Couple of times lost the ball and played wrong pass or heavy footed, but did play some good passes in, and also crossing is of a better standard than Danny Mac. Ran hard, which I like to see and first touch was always positive

How good a player is Leonard? Thought he was quality. Hope he stays fit. Also, 00 has to be played in that central position behind the striker’s otherwise a waste of time. De Norre look the part too. Okay they were pony but the sort of.game we’d fuck up. Credit where it’s due after Sunday.
Yes. Leonard was very good tonight and I would say our best player. Though there were some other good performances.
Watmore made a big difference when he came on. His pace as proved for Flemmings goal was hard for them to handle. And in Ryan Longman we have a winger who is prepared to run and cut inside and attempt a shot. A cracking goal by him.

I thought he tried hard but lacked a bit of decision making and quality when he got past his man. Similar to Danny tbh. At the moment I don’t see him as a step forward from Danny, just a good replacement/back up.

He’s got a bit more attacking intent though, which is what we all want to see, so a good addition.
Give him time mate he’s still adjusting. Also “bit more attacking intent”! No he has a lot more.

Didn’t attend the game last night but on his other performances I’ve seen my concern is his first instinct is to try and beat an opponent - no matter where he is - which will be picked up by opposing scouts and it’s just a matter of time before he gets caught in possession and costs us a goal.

Coupled with his general defending is suspect, not as good as Danny’s, I think we’re are going to be vulnerable down our right flank whenever we don’t play a flat back 4.

Going forward in the last 3rd of the pitch he offers us more than we’ve had previously, albeit he’s very predictable and should be easy to counter.

Hopefully playing regularly will iron out his weaknesses and he’ll turn into a decent loan🙏

The poorest opposition I've seen play at The Den in a while, so much so I don't remember Bart having to do too much, the easiest 3 points we get this season.

Leonard (I have been a big detractor of his in the past), Longman, Cuffy and De'Norre were standouts last night and I thought Campbell played some great cross field passes considering he looks like he needs to get up to speed fitness wise.

The result doesn't mean much unless they follow up with a decent result Saturday.

Reactions: Owl
If campbell can keep improving that team from last night will not change much barring injury. Well balanced and some controlled passing football. I noticed some nice first time control last night which inevitably will help us go forward with pace. Until longmans party piece gets sussed he could contribute a couple more goals like last nights, very enjoyable that was and warmly received by all there. He needs to practice weighting his passes better, few were poor but will come with games. My mom was Casper not everybody’s, reminded me of scholes, great touch and always available to aid a players who needed it. Cufffy is a constant thorn in defences side, loves being in the ascendancy and usually a decent cross cross entails. He had power, strength, speed and brains backing him up in Leonard (great game). Hopefully the game might breed some confidence and familiarity in the team to gel nicely. Obviously we need all this to be put to the acid test, away at the Throstles could give us that test. Time will tell. Fingers crossed on the injury front. 👏

Good and somewhat surprising response following on from Sunday!

Think GR needs to try and keep the team the same and consistent after yesterday (Hopefully Nisbet is ok.) A core midfield of De Norre, Campbell and Flemming should be kept and not tampered with, unless needed.

If no Nisbet for the weekend, I'd imagine Flemming up top slightly behind Bradshaw... with Watmore playing the roll, Flemming did yesterday.

GR's subs still do not impress me, but can see some sense in a couple of them.

Difficult to judge that game, the opposition seemed to give us space and time and we flourished, that is not going to happen in 95% of our games unfortunately.

However, we did use that time and dominated the game, probably should have been out of sight by half time. Confidence has been upped significantly and we should be looking at the WBA game as an opportunity for 3 more points.

Just watched the Longman interview on the OS and if his attitude is reflected in the rest of the team then we will be fine this season.

As for Norton, he does move the ball forward really well but not quite there when tracking back, but he is here to learn and get better and I think he will. I just hope Danny is taking notes on the side line as this style of forward play is what he needs to add to his skills, and he will get his chance in the team at some point.

Members online