Wall v Leicester match thread

Great performance tonight, typical top of the league team passing out from the back and not liking the pressure we put on them, kept trying the same long diagonal ball to their winger and Leonard had him in his pocket, team worked their socks off, watching the ball fly into the top corner and being right behind it was fucking brilliant, just typical Wall to get a result tonight after the last 2 games, said before the game I think we need 7/8 points to stay up thinking the Cardiff and Plymouth games we would need to go for the wins, pressure still on but I think if we can turn Cardiff over on the weekend we are pretty much there especially if other results go our way.

Fucking get hold of that Sly Sports, Turning up with your biased crew and drawling over the talented ex prem champions, then little old Millwall fuck your night up, learn from it and fucking stay away !!!

So after listening to Harris go on about certain players not putting a shift in at Huddersfield, he picks the same starting 11
Think I'll be staying in the boozer tonight.
Can't wait to listen to his bollocks after the game.
He got it spot on tonight. Not that he was spoilt with options. Even the timing of the first two changes. Football managers always talk bolllox in public win or lose. It's what they say in the dressing that's important. The players have repaid him tonight for keeping the faith in them.

Now is when Harris needs to earn his corn, they ain't had a shot and don't look anything special, If still the same after 60 minutes get Emakhu, Esse, Mayor on to run at them.
If we stay as we are they WILL score!!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Almost spot on. To be fair i think playing two of those would leave us a bit open and vulnerable cause they will lose you possession at times. Esse worked a trick and all that was need cause he terrorised them at times.

It occurred to me that the four point cushion to Huddersfield & Sheff Wed is really five points because of our better goal difference (unless we let a shed load in)
And Huddersfield need to play Sheffield Wednesday, so one of them will lose 3 points, or even better they both lose 2 points. Either way, it's now looking much much healthier. I think 1 more win could seal this.

Billy Mitchell finest game in a Millwall shirt, hopefully but I doubt it will keep the haters off his back for a while.
Well said mate. I doubt you'd get a performance like Billies tonight out of De Norre. Had we not won there would be posts slagging Billy and calling for De Norre to play. He played against Rotherham and look how that went. You can have the best players in the division in your squad but if they don't suit the system they're worthless.

He got it spot on tonight. Not that he was spoilt with options. Even the timing of the first two changes. Football managers always talk bolllox in public win or lose. It's what they say in the dressing that's important. The players have repaid him tonight for keeping the faith in them.
Fair play to him and the players for getting the result last night, ypical Millwall that...

Also good to see Esse come on and play really well. He will become a great player for us if they can coach him to be the finished article with his decision making on the ball. He already has the skills to do so.
Looked a completely different player defensively, to the one who came on against Burnley last season and looked lost off the ball.

Aaron Paul

BBC Radio 5 Live reporter

They love playing the big boys do Millwall. What a performance from Neil Harris’ side under the lights at their beloved Den. They were organised, tenacious and technically excellent when they needed to be, holding off a Leicester side that have played some really swashbuckling stuff at times.

THEN they get the bonus of a stunner from Ryan Longman to seal all three points.

I know Aaron Paul works with that arsehole McAnuff but I get the feeling he really loves us.

Aaron Paul is a Man Utd fan but he does have a soft spot for us. He was a regular on Nick Hart's 'Achtung Millwall' podcast for a couple of years. Still pops there occasionally when his 5live commitments allow.

No mate, thought he worked bloody hard (again), but wasn't my MOM. Lenners was immense and made a premier league player look like a div 3 tryer. Just had the MOM for me - but then I fkin love him as a football player - he is one of the best footballers i've seen down the den for many years. Tough, quick, skillfull and adaptable. A legend? if not yet, becoming one by the match.
Agree mate and he’s so versatile too! Deceptively quick as well. I was impressed with Honeyman as he was all over the place - great tireless engine - and he tried to carry on like a true Lion even with what maybe a semi dislocated shoulder until he was barged that Orc centre back!

Members online