Wall V Leeds match thread. KO Sunday 12pm

Was'nt a shit show,really how would you describe getting the arse ripped out of us then???Rose tinted glasses springs to mind!
Not rose tinted glasses , it’s about fine margins isn’t it ? If the foul had been rightfully awarded prior to their first goal we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation. Then again if your Aunt had bollox she’d be your Uncle , let’s have a look at the table at Christmas and see what’s occurring then . Christmas is usually a good indicator.

My view is we lost possession 3 times, they capitalised with pace and incisive passing. I honestly don't think they were 3 goals better than us. Longman played really well. Billy had a stinker today, not sure what Campbell gave us, oh and the ref was an utter cunt...
Bang on mate! 👍

Got to admit. I might have a beer at the Haters if this carries on. We are clearly in a period of transition with the personnel but we’ve been fairly consistent with negative tactics and results for a while now. Can’t see the new signings have done us any favours. Needs sorting, sharpish.

It’s easy to I can see something that an experienced manager like GR cannot, but surely the possession and chances created by our midfield being over run and then our slow Centre backs being exposed is self evident, this 3 or 5 at the back is a failure, we are left with Leeds today running riot once past Billy and Centre backs retreating faster than Custer, he must see this, the gap behind the midfield and the defence is too easy to exploit. We started well, possession, passing, with a load of new players, disappointing subs, no one seemed to know what to do and midfield even more thin. Feel sorry for Bart, but 7 in two matches, if the shark not fit, time for Truman. Surely time for a Cooper Harding partnership with Leonard as a holding mid.
Not sure if it was second goal, but their player received the ball right in the centre with nobody within 15 yards of him. You can’t get away with that.

Beaten by a far better team. Our slow build up don't help. Had a good day beside the result. Won 800 on a acca and actually had drinks with a few leeds fans.

It is what it is

What I noticed from the 10th minute today was Norton completely left on his own right hand side. Nobody in front to play it to, had to do all the work up and down, which is all good, but didn't get the midfield cover. They could've sprayed it 10x more today and he would've been exposed 2 on 1, which I think there sommerville clocked on to.
On the left it looked like muzza had longman in front of him and that was sorted (kind of) The team looked a little unbalanced & Mitchell looks to be suffering from some kind of confidence as his form hasn't been the greatest and if I was Savs i'd be giving GR a little tap at the door tomorrow morning and chomping at the bit.
I hate to say it but the better team won today.
Next.

Got to admit. I might have a beer at the Haters if this carries on. We are clearly in a period of transition with the personnel but we’ve been fairly consistent with negative tactics and results for a while now. Can’t see the new signings have done us any favours. Needs sorting, sharpish.

Transition is right. I do wonder if we might just need a few weeks to settle down with all the changes. The entire midfield lineup today was new(apart from Mitchell). As others have said, Rovrum is a real test, as close to a must win game as you'll get in September.

Not rose tinted glasses , it’s about fine margins isn’t it ? If the foul had been rightfully awarded prior to their first goal we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation. Then again if your Aunt had bollox she’d be your Uncle , let’s have a look at the table at Christmas and see what’s occurring then . Christmas is usually a good indicator.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree mate,the strange thing is the free kick should' ve been given to us prior to the "foul"for Aylott playing the ball with his head on the floor,its "dangerous play" and no ones picked up on it at all.
Phil Jones gave prime example some time ago for man u apparently

I think we'll have to agree to disagree mate,the strange thing is the free kick should' ve been given to us prior to the "foul"for Aylott playing the ball with his head on the floor,its "dangerous play" and no ones picked up on it at all.
Phil Jones gave prime example some time ago for man u apparently
Yes sure mate 100 % , you’re right . If it was reversed we wouldn’t even be discussing this . Just would’ve been nice to see what would’ve happened had the Ref blown up in terms of how the match panned out . Onto Rotherham now and a match we should win but again take nothing for granted 👍

What I noticed from the 10th minute today was Norton completely left on his own right hand side. Nobody in front to play it to, had to do all the work up and down, which is all good, but didn't get the midfield cover. They could've sprayed it 10x more today and he would've been exposed 2 on 1, which I think there sommerville clocked on to.
On the left it looked like muzza had longman in front of him and that was sorted (kind of) The team looked a little unbalanced & Mitchell looks to be suffering from some kind of confidence as his form hasn't been the greatest and if I was Savs i'd be giving GR a little tap at the door tomorrow morning and chomping at the bit.
I hate to say it but the better team won today.
Next.
I agree about Norton not having any protection in front of him. They kept playing the ball out on the right, moving our midfield over then playing across the field. Left Norton on his own with Leonard scampering across behind him to help. Number of times they got the ball to the by line doing this, then putting a low cross into our box.

I don't really mind GR trying out formations but he has to realise when things are going awry and do something. imo our midfield was too central and was getting pulled left and right all the time. This is a knock on effect of having 3 centre backs, one of them is supposed to get into midfield to cover but if they happen to be on the wrong side then it leaves us short and narrow.

On the plus side, our new signings got game time and Barts kicking was actually very good, apart from one slight miscue, looks like he is going to be our starter for a while.

I agree about Norton not having any protection in front of him. They kept playing the ball out on the right, moving our midfield over then playing across the field. Left Norton on his own with Leonard scampering across behind him to help. Number of times they got the ball to the by line doing this, then putting a low cross into our box.

I don't really mind GR trying out formations but he has to realise when things are going awry and do something. imo our midfield was too central and was getting pulled left and right all the time. This is a knock on effect of having 3 centre backs, one of them is supposed to get into midfield to cover but if they happen to be on the wrong side then it leaves us short and narrow.

On the plus side, our new signings got game time and Barts kicking was actually very good, apart from one slight miscue, looks like he is going to be our starter for a while.
The above is why Billy Mitchell gets so much stick on here, by the oppo pulling our midfielders wide Billy is the ONLY player left in the middle surrounded by oppo so when the ball does come his way he is immediately closed down which leads to mistakes (any player would make) when he has time on the ball he is a different player.
The third goal on Sunday they went wide and switched to the middle and the only player trying to cover that space was Mitchell.

The above is why Billy Mitchell gets so much stick on here, by the oppo pulling our midfielders wide Billy is the ONLY player left in the middle surrounded by oppo so when the ball does come his way he is immediately closed down which leads to mistakes (any player would make) when he has time on the ball he is a different player.
The third goal on Sunday they went wide and switched to the middle and the only player trying to cover that space was Mitchell.
Billy gets stick becuase he's not championship standard, dont know how Rowett thought he was a better option then Sav in a game like that.