Wall V Blackburn match thread Tuesday 7.45 ko.

Up until their 2nd goal I thought they had 2 more players then us on the pitch

when they attacked they had 4 to 5 players against our 3 to 4

when they defended they had 11 players to our 1 sometimes 2

something is seriously wrong yes we got better once Sav and others come on and we were chasing the game but we lack ideas agility and composure

I agree we did not lack the effort but the quality and end product is dog shit.

we need a complete overhaul in tactics or we will be getting 6 points off of the trainspotters next year

it pains me to write the above by the way

Bradshaw never seems to be able to read some of our crosses. So many are poor and go near post and we never have anyone there. Can’t remember us scoring at the near post. Some good performances but lacking quality in the box
He had a couple of headers which were quite close tonight Mark. But the service into the box is overall quite poor.

I thought with the second half effort that we put in we could have earned a draw.
Unfortunately, Barrett is cut from the same cloth as GR tactics wise. It will probably work away from The Den but will always be a struggle at home. His ideas are pretty much the same as GR and things won't change with him around. It has the feel of GR's past few weeks...IE: It might work one game but not the next and all with very little excitement.

No rush for a new man, but hopefully Barrett goes as well and the new mob brings a breath of fresh air and some charisma to the club. It's all very stale and predictable and needs a big shake up. Some of our players will defiantly benefit from a change.

He played Emakhu wide left tonight and for me he looked totally lost. The boy didn't spot their bloke behind him when Joe got injured, and away they went for the second goal. He switched off. Should have played him up top with Tom.
I like Emakhu, but for heavens sake, play him in his correct position.
I agree 100% with Eamon, but the boy just looks a bit lightweight to me, knocked off the ball far too easily tonight. I'm guessing AB was trying to use his pace on the wing, but having been so effective up front on Saturday I think we should have stuck with that plan for him. Cuffy m-o-m for me.

Except the previous game where he played up front and was the best player on the pitch.

He wasn’t playing as an out and out left winger last night though was he? I thought that he was playing off of the main forward where he has done well before. No one said he was out of position after he came on and brilliantly set up the winner at Middlesbrough.

Im getting confused with all the obsessing with tactics on here. According to this forum so far this season Bradshaw, Flemming, Nisbet and now Emakhu have all been in the wrong position whereas i thought that they were just not playing very well. It seems that it’s more a reason to have a go at whoever is in charge rather than acknowledge them having a bad game.

Nobody has mentioned the pen Bradshaw wasn’t awarded and AB suggests their first was offside 🤔
Millwall caretaker manager Adam Barrett told BBC Radio London:

"You look back at little key moments. The first goal was offside, I wasn't happy with our defending, the build-up to it, so that's annoying.

"Bradders [Tom Bradshaw] has a shout for a penalty, it doesn't get given, so obviously I'm not happy with that.

"Second half was a lot better, that's how I want to play, with tempo. We looked on the front foot more coming out of the duals winning tackles, so I was pleased with the second half.

"We've now got to put that together over a 90-minute spell."

He scored 17 goals last season Mark.
He's not lost it suddenly. Just not enough quality into the box.
Agree not a lot to work with, but when he did get balls to his feet they don’t stick. If it’s not a snap shot or header he hardly creates for himself or links up with others. As I said in another thread nobody ever goes near post either which seems to be where a lot of our crosses go.

I thought with the second half effort that we put in we could have earned a draw.
Unfortunately, Barrett is cut from the same cloth as GR tactics wise. It will probably work away from The Den but will always be a struggle at home. His ideas are pretty much the same as GR and things won't change with him around. It has the feel of GR's past few weeks...IE: It might work one game but not the next and all with very little excitement.

No rush for a new man, but hopefully Barrett goes as well and the new mob brings a breath of fresh air and some charisma to the club. It's all very stale and predictable and needs a big shake up. Some of our players will defiantly benefit from a change.
Most games we are outplayed at home

“I’m not here to make excuses but I’ve seen it back and the first goal is offside. The linesman is right there – I can’t believe how he can’t see that. Little key moments didn’t go our way. We had a big shout for a penalty with Tom Bradshaw that doesn’t go our way. I’ll have to see the penalty again, but everyone is saying it is a penalty”

Several reasons why we lost but, for the life of me, can’t work out any AB started Billy.

Simply not good enough at this level and, IMO, things picked up significantly after he was subbed.

“I’m not here to make excuses but I’ve seen it back and the first goal is offside. The linesman is right there – I can’t believe how he can’t see that. Little key moments didn’t go our way. We had a big shout for a penalty with Tom Bradshaw that doesn’t go our way. I’ll have to see the penalty again, but everyone is saying it is a penalty”
Watched Sky highlights and it looks like BNC played their player onside for their first. Also, confirmed Emakhu got caught wrong side of the player who laid the ball back - a repeat of the build up to Preston’s goal on Saturday 🤦‍♂️

I managed a boys team from U9 to U11 and one of the first things I taught them about defending was balls don’t score goals, players do, so it’s important to watch the player and not solely the ball. Someone needs to take Emakhu aside and drum this into his head.

Watched Sky highlights and it looks like BNC played their player onside for their first. Also, confirmed Emakhu got caught wrong side of the player who laid the ball back - a repeat of the build up to Preston’s goal on Saturday 🤦‍♂️

I managed a boys team from U9 to U11 and one of the first things I taught them about defending was balls don’t score goals, players do, so it’s important to watch the player and not solely the ball. Someone needs to take Emakhu aside and drum this into his head.
Perhaps you should share your wisdom with him Purley. 😉