Wall living in the EU

JF_Lion

I will be relocating for work into the eu soon, hopefully, and I was wondering if anyone on here used the live video or audio streaming that Wall offer and if it was any good?

I will be relocating for work into the eu soon, hopefully, and I was wondering if anyone on here used the live video or audio streaming that Wall offer and if it was any good?
Provided you have a decent internet download speed, Millwall TV live streaming is excellent.
I paid 140 quid for 46 matches, but that was the earlybird price. Even so, it is still good value at around 3 quid a game.
I have even got used to Karl and Max's coverage, and they have also improved.
You will ned a minimum of 10Mb/s download speed to get uninterrupted streaming.
I have even found a way round the matches live on Sky:wahey:

Provided you have a decent internet download speed, Millwall TV live streaming is excellent.
I paid 140 quid for 46 matches, but that was the earlybird price. Even so, it is still good value at around 3 quid a game.
I have even got used to Karl and Max's coverage, and they have also improved.
You will ned a minimum of 10Mb/s download speed to get uninterrupted streaming.
I have even found a way round the matches live on Sky:wahey:
I thought they were still using dial up in France

There’s still this misconception that France is way behind the U.K. economically.Not true, higher gdp and greater income per head. Don’t be misled by the shambles around the big cities. France is a good place if you’re not poor. And they value the better things in life higher than the average Brit.

There’s still this misconception that France is way behind the U.K. economically.Not true, higher gdp and greater income per head. Don’t be misled by the shambles around the big cities. France is a good place if you’re not poor. And they value the better things in life higher than the average Brit.
I concur. It is a great place to live, outside of the big cities.
There is nowhere else I’d rather be.
20 years here now and they have flown by.

I’ve been to France many times. Started as an 11 year old on a language exchange visit. One ofpvthree annually. Back in the 60’s France was still ravaged by WW2. Gradually saw the improvements through the 89’s and 90’s during family camping trips all over. Then in numerous fishing trips that continue now. Their supermarkets, as a measure are far better than the U.K. Raise your horizons, and you’ll see the same things. The U.K. is falling way behind.

I’ve been to France many times. Started as an 11 year old on a language exchange visit. One ofpvthree annually. Back in the 60’s France was still ravaged by WW2. Gradually saw the improvements through the 89’s and 90’s during family camping trips all over. Then in numerous fishing trips that continue now. Their supermarkets, as a measure are far better than the U.K. Raise your horizons, and you’ll see the same things. The U.K. is falling way behind.
The reason we came here was to give the kids a better life than they would have had in the UK.
One chose the university route, doing a degree, masters, then a teaching qualification. Can you imagine the student debt he would have had after that lot in the UK?
Here university costs about 200 euros registration fee per year.
Result …fully qualified teacher with zero debt.

Number 2 son chose the apprenticeship route. 5 years of post bac studies while being paid about a grand per month. Result…fully trained IT network engineer with zero debt.

Now they each take home just shy of 3 grand a month in their mid twenties. Not a fortune, but rents are reasonable here and house prices are less than half uk prices. There are expensive areas, of course, but not everywhere.

I dread to think what would have happened to them in the UK rat race.
I dare not even tell you about my house and what it cost. France a second rate nation? Never in a million years!

I will be buying out there next year, just waiting for the sale of my business to go through.
At 62 my four kids are off hand now so we are looking for a second home in either Haute Vienna or Dordogne region. Going to do a few weeks at a time there and probably extend it to a few months at a time as we get older. We won't be going over the 90/180 day rule so won't need citizenship.
I would of preferred in the countryside here if I could of afforded it but you get so much more for your money there.

I will be buying out there next year, just waiting for the sale of my business to go through.
At 62 my four kids are off hand now so we are looking for a second home in either Haute Vienna or Dordogne region. Going to do a few weeks at a time there and probably extend it to a few months at a time as we get older. We won't be going over the 90/180 day rule so won't need citizenship.
I would have preferred in the countryside here if I could have afforded it but you get so much more for your money there.
The boundaries of both Haute Vienne and Dordogne are very close to me.
Dordogne is generally more expensive and both have extensive rural areas within.
Dordogne is full of English and most of them are rich pricks most of whom refuse to speak French and drive a Range Rover or BMW.
You do not need French Nationality to stay more than 90 days.
You simply have to apply for a visa to extend your stay.
I don’t know how difficult or expensive that is, but your local Mairie will tell you or you could check online.
My 2 kids have French Nationality, but I just have permanent residency.
It is more important for the kids as they may want a job one day that requires it. Indeed one has already.
If you need any practical information, feel free to PM me. I’d be very happy to help.

Depending on your internet provider, as BP stated, if you have a fibre link and a PC with a decent spec then you shouldn't have any problems.

You don't say where in the EU but if Belgium I'd go for Proximus for your comms service.

Millwall TV is now pretty good. It's come a long way since iFollow first started coverage. Back then, the camera work seemed to consist of a bloke on the roof of the Dockers stand with a camcorder.

I concur. It is a great place to live, outside of the big cities.
There is nowhere else I’d rather be.
20 years here now and they have flown by.
Been here for over 50 years. I tried my luck as a 22 year old when the UK joined the common market.I only thought I would stay for a year or so but I met the person who was to become my wife and as they say the rest is history. I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever of moving here as it was the best decision that I ever made.

Likewise. :cool:
Paul.. judging from your posts I can only imagine that you came to France in your 40s with your wife and 2 young kids. If this is the case then “Chapeau” to you because it takes a big pair to uproot your family and make a new life in a different country and having to learn a different language and different ways of life.Things can go horribly wrong and then it’s back to square one. In my case I had nothing to lose I was on my own and if things went arse upwards it was only few hours back to Blighty and to lick my wounds in the safety of home..So once again Chapeau bas!

Paul.. judging from your posts I can only imagine that you came to France in your 40s with your wife and 2 young kids. If this is the case then “Chapeau” to you because it takes a big pair to uproot your family and make a new life in a different country and having to learn a different language and different ways of life.Things can go horribly wrong and then it’s back to square one. In my case I had nothing to lose I was on my own and if things went arse upwards it was only few hours back to Blighty and to lick my wounds in the safety of home..So once again Chapeau bas!
Yes, I was 48 and the kids were 6 and 9.
I had enough French to get by, but the kids knew nothing, obviously.
Now, nobody would know they were born in England. They have perfect Charantais accents.
We bought a house that needed work. That first winter was hard putting the kids to bed wrapped in plastic because the roof leaked. But we arrived in November/December, so we couldn’t get the roof done until the following May.
There were certainly some tough times at the start when I wondered what the hell we had done. But the house in England was sold, so going back was out of the question.
On the positive side, it is much easier to integrate when you have kids. There was so much to arrange for them, school, sports clubs, activities etc.
It was all worth it. Obviously, I now speak French nearly all the time, as I’m sure you do.

I only speak French today. Even though my 3 kids are perfectly bilingual I hardly ever speak English anymore,,,,,,,except to say Fuck it and other choice words when we lose! Cheers
It’s important to speak English to my second son, to keep him in practice. Number one son is an English teacher, so not so important.
I really think of French as my first language now.