VAR v Scousers

Secondwave

Not like them to winge and wine about a decision that went against them.
10 minutes silence at next home game is what I expect hoping the result will be turned over and the game will be replayed.
Never heard so much crap from ex players. It's not like they have never had dubious decisions go their way.
As for the VAR officials, just a joke. The Ref was also a joke when he looked at the screen and knew the decision was wrong. If he had any bottle he would have reviewed it again himself.
Just wait and see how many dubious decisions they get in their favour the rest of the season to make amends.

The inference I took from MOTD on Saturday was that the VAR team mistakenly thought the goal had been been given.
They saw that the players in question were clearly onside, so quickly said check complete.
Typical shoddy workmanship from the football authorities.
When a rugby ref consults TMO, the first thing he does is clearly states the on field decision, then the reason for the query.

Firstly, yes, the goal should have stood but Sniverpool have had more breaks than anyone else since VAR came in and Klopp can't handle it when things go against them.
Regarding Match of the Day Shearers always whinging about the length of time taken for a VAR decision yet on Saturday he said they were too quick to rule the goal out!
Probably because they feel under pressure to make a quicker decision due to pundits like him constantly criticising and putting them under pressure.

Say what you like about Liverpool but I just hope nobody ever brings VAR to the Championship. The offside decision was rubbish but it wasn't the only problem in that match. The ref got the right decision about the Jones sending off, yellow card was right, never a straight red but VAR officials stuck their nose in and got it upgraded. However, when the ref got it totally wrong and gave Jota his first yellow, VAR officials were nowhere.

Just scrap VAR. Refs will always feck things up sometimes whether they're on the pitch or up in a studio watching replays and some refs will be cunts too. Technology won't change that.

VAR should be scrapped. It is killing the game.
Greed is killing the game. Isn't Var only used in the premier anyway? It has put a stop to a lot of the cheating and diving that was getting way out of hand. Zaha was diving to win penalties for the Nigels. They were getting pens awarded on a regular basis. That soon stopped when VAR was introduced. Can't help but feel the likes of Klopp, certain other managers and players have brought this on themselves by being willfully deceitful for far too long. Fuck em.

Leonard’s goal at brum was ruled no goal by var , ref gave the goal
Best goal he wil ever score too was brilliant

Greed is killing the game. Isn't Var only used in the premier anyway? It has put a stop to a lot of the cheating and diving that was getting way out of hand. Zaha was diving to win penalties for the Nigels. They were getting pens awarded on a regular basis. That soon stopped when VAR was introduced. Can't help but feel the likes of Klopp, certain other managers and players have brought this on themselves by being willfully deceitful for far too long. Fuck em.
When this idea was first talked about the main objection was it would cause too many delays. We were promised that wouldn't happen. It happens every game and they still get decisions wrong. It is only a matter of time before the lower leagues get involved. It is already used in the German and Italian second divisions. This is a list of leagues that use it.

Competitions using VAR​

A-League (Australia)

Austrian Football Bundesliga (Austria)

Pro League (Belgium)

Brasileirao (Brazil)

First Professional Football League (Bulgaria)

Chilean Primera Division (Chile)

Chinese Super League (China)

Categoria Primera A (Colombia)

Prva HNL (Croatia)

Cypriot First Division (Cyprus)

Czech First League (Czech Republic)

Superliga (Denmark)

Egyptian Premier League (Egypt)

Premier League (England)

Ligue 1 (France)

Bundesliga (Germany)

2. Bundesliga (Germany)

Super League 1 (Greece)

Nemzeti Bajnoksag (Hungary)

Liga 3 (Georgia)

Israeli Premier League (Israel)

Serie A (Italy)

Serie B (Italy)

J1 League (Japan)

Football Superleague of Kosovo (Kosovo)

Liga MX (Mexico)

Botola (Morocco)

Eredivisie (Netherlands)

Paraguayan Primera Division (Paraguay)

Ekstraklasa (Poland)

I Liga (Poland)

Primeira Liga (Portugal)

Qatar Stars League (Qatar)

Russian Premier League (Russia)

Saudi Professional League (Saudi Arabia)

Serbian SuperLiga (Serbia)

K-League 1 (South Korea)

K-League 2 (South Korea)

Fortuna Liga (Slovakia)

La Liga (Spain)

Segunda Division (Spain)

Swiss Super League (Switzerland)

Thai League 1 (Thailand)

Super Lig (Turkey)

UAE Pro League (United Arab Emirates)

Ukrainian Premier League (Ukraine)

Ukrainian First League (Ukraine)

Major League Soccer (USA/Canada)

Uruguayan Primera Division (Uruguay)

When this idea was first talked about the main objection was it would cause too many delays. We were promised that wouldn't happen. It happens every game and they still get decisions wrong. It is only a matter of time before the lower leagues get involved. It is already used in the German and Italian second divisions. This is a list of leagues that use it.

I do hope you're wrong. Maybe what went on saturday last will stop it or delay it being brought in to the Championship. But I do wonder how many supporters actually want VAR in the Championship - I never hear of anyone asking for it to be brought in. Does anyone here want it for Millwall games? My view is that the beauty of football is that it's a simple game. I wish these knobs in FIFA and the FA would stop trying to go and complicate it.

Last edited:
I do hope you're wrong. Maybe what went on saturday last will stop it or delay it being brought in to the Championship. Is there any demand for it? Does anyone here want it for Millwall games?
Definitely don't want it. Speak to any fan of any Prem club and they'll say the same. It's now a game controlled by computers, they don't celebrate the goal going in, they celebrate the computer saying yes. No sympathy for Liverpool, they've had their share of decisions, but it's just another way in which the emotion has been removed from the game

It's been used very well for years in Rugby Union with no real issues. I knew the FA would fuck it up though; they never ask for input from another sport. I used to watch quite a bit of Rugby League and when they introduced it it was only when the game was live on Sky! So you could have 3 games going on on a Friday night and only the televised game had it!