Two ex-players passed away

Two fine players for the Lions. I seem to recall Brian becoming the Mine Host of the Magnet & Dewdrop public house on the Island after he retired from playing through injury. May they RIP

Sad news indeed, Rest in Peace Brian and John.

There were two Brown’s playing for Wall back then, Brian and Steve. One was a local lad out of Peckham, could never remember which one it was, still can’t.

Was surprised to see that Brian Brown « only » scored 5 times for us. I remember that he had one of the hardest digs that I ever saw on a player though it’s true many seemed skim the crossbar!
RIP lads

One of the funniest things I saw at the old Den was when an opportunity player laid injured but the game just continued so JJ went behind the goal (CBL end) and ran on the pitch pushing a trolly stretcher on wheels

"The Magnet & Dewdrop". Was in there when on a Sunday lunchtime the doors flew open two chaps came in loosed off a volley of lead into the ceiling and walked out. All the pub was flat on the deck including the bar staff. Apparently it was a traditional East End warning to customer or customers. I heard many moons later that not one customer saw anything or anybody which was the tradion in the East End. Similar to the "Beggar's" shooting.