Trevor Francis RIP

R. I. P. Trevor

The game at St Andrew's in 1972, where he was accused by a number of Millwall players of diving every time someone went near him.
All water under the bridge now, my condolences to his family and friends.
I was at that game and it’s true he kept on going down at almost every challenge to the extent that Doug Allder really whacked him when he started to waste time near the end of the game. Earned Allder a booking but the Brum took the points. Anyway can’t take away the fact that he was a very very good player. RIP and condolences to his family

RIP Trevor, a very good footballer , Clough new what he was doing signing him.
Must have seen him play at the Den but what game I cannot recall.
Of course there’s always been strong rumours that Clough also got a huge bung in the deal. £50k didn’t reach Birmingham so they say. Apparently it was the done thing at the time, Billy Bingham was known as Billy Bunghim. The days before players had agents.

I liked the bit in the article where it said that the fee Forest paid Birmingham for Francis was not the £1M that everyone thought he’d signed for, but that it was actually £999,999 so as to take the pressure off the young Brummie!

As if £1 was gonna make a difference? 🤣
Wasn’t he born in Plymouth ?

I liked the bit in the article where it said that the fee Forest paid Birmingham for Francis was not the £1M that everyone thought he’d signed for, but that it was actually £999,999 so as to take the pressure off the young Brummie!

As if £1 was gonna make a difference? 🤣
Think that was Jimmy Greaves, AC Milan to Spurs.

I was at that game and it’s true he kept on going down at almost every challenge to the extent that Doug Allder really whacked him when he started to waste time near the end of the game. Earned Allder a booking but the Brum took the points. Anyway can’t take away the fact that he was a very very good player. RIP and condolences to his family
Yeah even Dorney had the hump with him, think you will agree both quite placid players but he really did wind the team up with his diving etc

The previous season was when he came into their side, he really was a super kid

This is just a little while after his debut and one of his very earliest goals for the club , At St Andrews
I would not put money on it, cant look it up atm but i think this was also the last Game Billy Neil scored a League goal for the club

Oops! We ran into some problems.
--------------------------------------
The uploaded file is too large.
--------------------------------

Thats the problem on here, no probs on the other site putting pictures articles up
Anyone know why ?

Anyway Rip

Yeah even Dorney had the hump with him, think you will agree both quite placid players but he really did wind the team up with his diving etc

The previous season was when he came into their side, he really was a super kid

This is just a little while after his debut and one of his very earliest goals for the club , At St Andrews
I would not put money on it, cant look it up atm but i think this was also the last Game Billy Neil scored a League goal for the club

Oops! We ran into some problems.
--------------------------------------
The uploaded file is too large.
--------------------------------

Thats the problem on here, no probs on the other site putting pictures articles up
Anyone know why ?

Anyway Rip
To say that Dorney and Allder were placid is somewhat of an understatement!!
I was also at the game at Brum the previous season (can’t remember the result) but I believe it was Billy Neil’s last game for us. He had just come back from a long spell out because of an injury and that big cunt Roger Hynd cut him down and out of the game with a horrible tackle. He was taken off and I never saw him play again.