This stage last season

At least on here there are some level headed match going bods who post sensible balanced views and some fairly constructed criticisms while Twitter and Facebook is full of absolute cunts who are no doubt driven by the likes of fat two faced Dan and other click hungry YouTubers/podcasters. God I’m really beginning to hate some of our ‘fans’.
Couldn’t agree more Ilderton, MO is the only thing I do on the internet.
My daughter was telling me today that Twitter was rife with bods having a pop at Scott Malone because he replied to a load of negative posts asking for a bit of positivity.
Some of the the divs I’ve seen and heard lately at the den defies belief.

Without tarnishing an entire generation, we now have people who have been bought up with Amazon and their ilk. Want anything, just click away, put it on the card and tomorrow morning it arrives in a box on the doorstep. They then have that expectation for everything. If the box doesn't arrive, out flies the dummy.

How is cunting the players that are warming up just human nature? How does fans slagging players on thier social media accounts fall into the category of human nature?
Just to clarify, I wasn’t referring to those two instances (which, by the way is still wrong and totally irresponsible from supporters), but from bods from the terraces, angry and frustrated when moves and chances break down or are missed! That is also wrong, but then some bods will say, “well, I’ve paid me money, I’m entitled to say what I think!” even though they don’t understand that what they’re doing to that player and to the whole team itself, is totally counterproductive!

Sorry, but here you go again. At the start of the season - all of 10 games ago - you were saying win first 3 games and we can build on that for a top 6 finis
That, if I remember correctly, was after we had put in a great performance, turning over a Stoke side that in recent seasons we‘d previously drawn games with! Naturally after that game I was excited, especially after two of our new players, Honeyman and Cresswell had played so well in that game, the latter scoring both goals! On the back of that win, I had high hopes we could get a win up at Sheffield United, as we had beaten them a couple of times recently! Didn’t know it was a crime to believe and want my team to do well and win there! :shrug:
When that doesn't happen you look to blame GR and the players for not having confidence, not being good enough, not playing the way you want etc.
I’m just one of many on here who call out Rowett and the players if I think one or both of them could have done something better in a game! In fact, I’ve been quite mild in my reactions this season, compared to some, who are either cunting off certain players, or wanting Rowett sacked, or sometimes both! Not really getting your point here…..
Now you've made yourself a hostage to fortune for next season!!
Not really, just hopeful that as this season is going to be one of change and gelling of the team with the new players we have, then if we finish between 7th and mid table this season, I’d take that if we can kick on next season and actually get into the play offs this time. Even though I don’t think we would win the play offs, getting there would, in my eyes, show proper progression for this club in recent years!
You post a lot on the Spotter's thread how deluded they are but, in many ways, you're no different.
Not any more I’m not! I used to think we could and should have done better, but I see things differently now! I even said on a post on another thread that I don’t think I will ever see Millwall get to the top flight again! As has been said by many on here, we don’t have the fan base revenue or a chairman who is going to risk everything to get us promoted (and nor should he), only to spend one season in the Prem, then get relegated, with no guarantee that we’d go straight back up again the following season!
You need to accept the club we are, enjoy the days we turn over teams that think they're better than us and know that, when we get knocked down, we always get back up.
See above. We’ve always been the underdog and we thrive on that, and I agree 100% on your points about turning over better teams and not lying down when we’re up against it (especially when it comes from the MSM who, as we know, hate us!), but hey! we‘re Millwall - no one likes us and we don’t care!

That is how it always should be!

Last edited: