This stage last season

Peckham Lion

Staff member
We had less points and were argubaly playing better, with a settled team and you know who strutting his stuff. I know it doesn't carry much, if any ,weight with the experts and moaners but this is not a settled team. Five or six newbies, then injuries, suspensions, they and the manager should be allowed some time to get things settled and right.

It's clear to see that the manager has brought in players that are better with the ball and have footballing brains, sadly we do have some players that struggle with that side of the game, it can't be easy to find the balance when some players are on a different wave length to others. Could be way off the mark but i firmly believe that this team, our team can only improve in time.

We can fuck a manager off, at a huge expense, to be replaced by who? A pound to a piece of shit that he'll have the same backround, stats and problems that those who came before him, plus budget. We could get very lucky and stumble upon a gem, but even then he'd have to perform miracles and be graced with good fortune to get us anywhere near the play offs. The top six will be made up of at least four yoyo clubs, the other available places by those that fiddle the books and gamble there existence in the hope they go up, it ain't fair, it's shit but how it is.

When have Wall done anything right and staright forward? Like it or not we're a smallish fish in a big pond but are holding our own in the second best league in the country. It's always been a rollercoaster, up's downs, highs and lows. It wouldn't be Wall if everything was straight forward and easy, it's not in our dna for it to be. Enjoy todays win, no matter how it came about, things could be a whole lot worse, just look at where the Transpotters are!

Keep the faith

COYL.

Last edited:
We had less points and were argubaly playing better, with a settled team and you know who strutting his stuff. I know it doesn't carry much, if any ,weight with the experts and moaners but this is not a settled team. Five or six newbies, then injuries, suspensions, they and the manager should be allowed some time to get things settled and right. It's clear to see that the manager has brought in players that are better with the ball and have footballing brains, sadly we do have some players that struggle with that side of the game, it can't be easy to find the balance when some players are on a different wave length to others. Could be way off the mark but i firmly believe that this team, our team can only improve in time.

We can fuck a manager off, at a huge expense, to be replaced by who? A pound to a piece of shit that he'll have the same backround, stats and problems that those that came before him, plus budget. We could get very lucky and stumble upon a gem, but even then he'd have to perform miracles and be graced with good fortune to get us anywhere near the play offs. The top six will be made up of at least four yoyo clubs, the other available places by those that fiddle the books and gamble there existence in the hope they go up, it ain't fair, it's shit but how it is.

When have Wall done anything right and staright forward? Like it or not we're a smallish fish in a big pond but are holding our own in the second best league in the country. It's always been a rollercoaster, up's downs, highs and lows. It wouldn't be Wall if everything was straight forward and easy, it's not in our dna for it to be. Enjoy todays win, no matter how it came about, things could be a whole lot worse, just look at where the Transpotters are!

Keep the faith

COYL.
Agree with this. Got the impression today people went wanting to moan , no matter what……. Positives signs that second half and I thought the new players did well and are starting to settle down , which must be hard when all you can hear from a large number of fans is moaning…. I’ve never liked Rowett but he has done well enough to deserve a chance for this team of his to settle down and get used to paying with each other , before people shouting for his head.

I’ve never liked Rowett but he has done well enough to deserve a chance for this team of his to settle down and get used to paying with each other , before people shouting for his head.
Not keen on his football myself but he can only work with what he's got, some decent players and a miss mash of tough, reliable journeymen. I think, no matter who manages us it will never be enough for some, it's like we we are an established premier club suffering a blip and trying to get promoted back to it. Budgets and realism don't exist in their world, and of course, they'll all perfect themselves and never fuck up or have a bad day at work.

Agree with this. Got the impression today people went wanting to moan , no matter what……. Positives signs that second half and I thought the new players did well and are starting to settle down , which must be hard when all you can hear from a large number of fans is moaning…. I’ve never liked Rowett but he has done well enough to deserve a chance for this team of his to settle down and get used to paying with each other , before people shouting for his head.
For me jury still out. 🤔

Not keen on his football myself but he can only work with what he's got, some decent players and a miss mash of tough, reliable journeymen. I think, no matter who manages us it will never be enough for some, it's like we we are an established premier club suffering a blip and trying to get promoted back to it. Budgets and realism don't exist in their world, and of course, they'll all perfect themselves and never fuck up or have a bad day at work.
So what you really saying Peckham? 😉

Regardless of where we finish this season (I’m thinking anywhere between 7th to mid table), if the whole squad has gelled by the end of it, then maybe it’ll be next season where we could definitely grab a top 6 place?

Rowett just needs to find a way to get the players playing consistently well every game (and that doesn’t mean expect to win every game, as that will never happen), and instill in the whole squad a belief that they can play against any opposition, whether it be Sheffield United at the top or Coventry at the bottom!

On their day, we have some very good players, and if they give us 100% each game, then win, lose or draw, that’s all our supporters can ever ask of! Hopefully, playing better than we currently have been, will yield more wins, and that in turn will improve gate receipts and get supporters off the back of Rowett and his players!

COYL!

Rowett just needs to find a way to get the players playing consistently well every game (and that doesn’t mean expect to win every game, as that will never happen), and instill in the whole squad a belief that they can play against any opposition, whether it be Sheffield United at the top or Coventry at the bottom!
He can try but the person tha can get a player to put a shift in every game is the player himself, to get all eleven to do that is avery dificult ask no matter the club. On top of that, when the manager and team are being cunted before and during the game as they were today, it's atall order to expect what you rightly desire.

I see a few screenshots earlier from social media, negative and nasty stuff directed at the players, every day of the week that happens yet the same idiots expect a performance. It's sad and works against us when the players are seeing that. Would personally ban them from social media whilst at the club, but don't think it's possible or reasonable to ask or expect that.

They're young men with a lot of down time once trainingis over by midday, i pressume they spend a lot of time on social media and see everything aimed at them. As a fanbase sometimes we don't help ourselves, which is daft when we want the best from the players. Same in the ground, was in the west lower for the Barnsley game, throughout the game a few bods just stood and abused our subs that were warming up. Burey was visibly shocked when Evans was getting it, personal stuff too, wife stuff, etc. That must affect them or at minimum make them think why should i bother.

At least on here there are some level headed match going bods who post sensible balanced views and some fairly constructed criticisms while Twitter and Facebook is full of absolute cunts who are no doubt driven by the likes of fat two faced Dan and other click hungry YouTubers/podcasters. God I’m really beginning to hate some of our ‘fans’.

First 20 minutes yesterday, we were well on top. They had one chance and scored. Before we'd even kicked off, the CBL were singing 'Gary Rowett, your football is shit'. I'm not his biggest fan, still don't like the negative tactics, but fuck me have a word with yourselves. How do you think the players feel hearing that? They still had over an hour to play

The other thing is the Blackpool players would have loved it and it lifted them for a bit.

NTMIK

It’s been said before and given what I’ve seen so far in the Championship we or indeed any team who can produce consistently strong performances will definitely be in the playoffs if not champions! C’mon Wall and us fans let’s do it!