The Tom Bradshaw appreciation thread

Ilderton Wanderer

I’ll be the first hold my hands up and admit I have been wrong about Tom Bradshaw. I never got on his back he is one of the most genuinely hard working players I’ve seen at The Den but I must admit I always thought of him as an honest but limited player.

Today however he showed a really impressive side to his game, he made some really intelligent movements off the ball and was a real handful for the Sheffield United defence. His first two goals were really excellent finishes and showed great technique, especially the second one with a superbly angled header.

To come back and score a hat trick after missing what was perhaps one of the easiest chances of the game is a testament to his character. I love it when players prove me wrong and Toms performance today is no exception. Hopefully he can get among the goals in the remaining games, there’s no reason why he can’t finish around the 15 goal mark which would be a great return.

He really needs good service. You really cannot expect him to be target man as he just doesn’t have the physical attributes to fill that role. But put the ball on the floor and let him run on to it or put the ball into a space for him to get his head or foot on it and he will score. His performance today against one of the best sides in our league was outstanding!

He really needs good service. You really cannot expect him to be target man as he just doesn’t have the physical attributes to fill that role. But put the ball on the floor and let him run on to it or put the ball into a space for him to get his head or foot on it and he will score. His performance today against one of the best sides in our league was outstanding!
His speed to get to the ball before their keeper when he was brought down was really impressive too.
He really was on fire today.

There’s no coincidence that Bradshaw has looked a better player since Rowett has been more positive with his set up. Involving 3 attacking players around Bradders has created a much better service. We do much more in the final third than we have done for several years.

The most exciting thing about it, is that I don’t think we’re anywhere near at our best yet.

With a fit Watmore, Burke, Styles, Leonard and Mitchell, we’ll be a top 6 side every week.

This squad is really knocking on the door of promotion, it’s probably the best squad of players since 88.

He doesn't always get the service that his work rate deserves, and can sometimes look like all his running produces little results, but as we saw today, good service pays dividends.
Very few top class hit men would score from the balls meant for TB.
Today showed what both he, and the team, are capable of.
Keep up today's momentum for the rest of the season, and we'll have the "big clubs" running scared
COYL.

I’ll be the first hold my hands up and admit I have been wrong about Tom Bradshaw
Fair dues and guilty as well mate. Much of the frustartion i think is a mix of the player himself at times and the service he's given- balls in the air. There was never any doubt or argument that he doesn't try, he does and he runs his bollox off and battles for every ball.

Now we have some decent play on the flanks and getting balls into the box to feet he is benefitting from that. The miss looked easier to score from where we were sitting, almost unforgivable. He then goes and scores a fucking cracker and again from where were sitting it looks like a very dificult angle, but he took it very well.

Just watched the highlights and I'm surprised the lino didn't flag him offside for his third goal.Looked just offside to me but hey,not often they go our way.

The Ironic thing about Bradshaw Is that he does the hard work, and works tirelessly, to create a move but often he Is the man that should be In the middle of the box to be on of the end of the said move that he creates.

I am In no way knocking him, I've believed he was underrated for a while, It's just one of those things that's easier said to Improve than Is done when we set up as we do.

It's a negative aspect of the way we play and It's frustrating. But when It works It fucking works. This Is no way a dig, It's just that for the good of the team and match plan he Is not maximised to the best of his specific capabilities.

Saying that, maybe by running left right and centre he Is.

Rowett out.

Last edited:
Their second was a very poor goal to concede, honeyman should have stopped the cross, Cresswell goes to ground too early, Danny Mac turns his back and all Long has to do is stand up and they don't score. Poor all round.