The Tigers V The kings of the jungle - Match thread--- Sat 3pm KO

Norton Cuffy and Harding liabilities. Saville legs gone. Wallace gets turned inside out against tricky flash wingers. Cooper not the player he was. Only positive note. Nigels and spotters lost.

But we won’t carry on playing on like this. Last weekend we was the better team against a good Preston team who beat Ipswich today. That run over Christmas we was very good and even against boro when we lost we was the better team for large spells. We’re just very inconsistent.

No way we’re going down. As I said in a post above there are definitely three worse teams than us below us. I predict us finishing 3 or 4 places above the relegation zone but a good 10+ points clear of it.
I know Wippa, think I have gone into meltdown today just become to much watching especially that first half, nurse has given me a sedative and said you know what you get like when you watch Millwall 😂

I know Wippa, think I have gone into meltdown today just become to much watching especially that first half, nurse has given me a sedative and said you know what you get like when you watch Millwall 😂
Haha. Get a grip man. Or take another sedative 😉

Norton Cuffy and Harding liabilities. Saville legs gone. Wallace gets turned inside out against tricky flash wingers. Cooper not the player he was. Only positive note. Nigels and spotters lost.
Bit harsh on Saville to say his legs have gone. Just think he’s not quite match fit yet after his spell out the team

This. Stay up this season (which we will do) and then big overhaul in the summer.
Don’t know about a big overhaul. We must be close to our £39M FFP, and if that’s the case then I can’t see JB getting his cheque book out if he’s not allowed to buy anyone.

We could try and sell Flemming, I guess, but don’t know if what we‘d get for him would be enough to use in the summer transfer market. The likes of Esse and Emakhu need to be kept.

So that will leave us relying on more loans. Let’s just hope Edwards can bring in the right ones who can improve us for next season.

We were getting shoved of the ball too much today and the ref couldn't care less. Trying to pass the ball around a £68m squad is not the best way.
Flemming should have scored and things may have been different, but that sentence is apt for every game thesedays.

Our own fault.fucking about with the ball around the box.How many times have we done it recently,too many.
Their goal was handball if you watch the highlights. When the ball came to him he used his right arm and hit with his left foot. Coops appealed but guess what ref and Lino did?

Don’t know about a big overhaul. We must be close to our £39M FFP, and if that’s the case then I can’t see JB getting his cheque book out if he’s not allowed to buy anyone.

We could try and sell Flemming, I guess, but don’t know if what we‘d get for him would be enough to use in the summer transfer market. The likes of Esse and Emakhu need to be kept.

So that will leave us relying on more loans. Let’s just hope Edwards can bring in the right ones who can improve us for next season.
Aren’t championship teams getting a lot more TV money from next season? Could help us. And yeah cash in Fleming

Aren’t championship teams getting a lot more TV money from next season? Could help us. And yeah cash in Fleming
True, but if the extra TV money has to be used to offset some of our yearly losses, are we going to be any better off with less money to splash in the summer transfer window?

Really think the way to go is to take more punts on lower league players. We got Mayor for what, £300,000? There must be a couple of forwards somewhere we could get for a combined million or less. Get Edwards to work his magic on them and get them up to snuff.

Thought this when I first saw it!! Shouted handball but the commentators never mentioned it and no one mentioned it on here so thought I must have got it wrong
And none of the replays showed it from a good angle

Bit harsh on Saville to say his legs have gone. Just think he’s not quite match fit yet after his spell out the team
He was suspended for two weeks, was a regular before that. Shouldn’t have impacted his fitness that much…

That was awful. Apart from last 5 the worst I’ve seen this season.

Then all their trappy fans and held back for 40minutes. Cheer’s Millwall fucking marvellous

The first half was abysmal. Midfield were poor, defence looked sluggish and cumbersome. Couldn’t string three passes together.

Honeyman coming on changed us completely. He has to be first name on the team sheet. He’s the only one in our side that truly grafts and wants to win, he’s in the refs ear all the time and tries to be positive on the ball while never stopping running.

Bradshaw is a shocking finisher. He’s just not a natural striker at all. He had three of our four chances to score and messed them all up horribly. Flemming ought to do better with his chance too, that was probably the worst of the lot.

In summary, Honeyman simply must start every game for us to even have a chance of picking up results.

Blatant handball for their goal as the player tapped it forward to control it.

The second half we looked much more coherent and on the front foot but created very little up front, although we did restrict them to pretty much nothing in the process.

JE put out a team in the first half that should have really done a lot better and ended up in the second half with a team that actually did do a lot better. It certainly gives him something to think about personal wise.

If he can get the right combination together like he did those few games over Christmas, we might actually start scoring and winning. We certainly have the players.

If I'm honest I thought the lineup looked half decent, would probably have swapped harding or tanganga for Leonard if he wasn't injured.
Then it started and it was pretty obvious that we can't play out from the back, the pitch was horrid and didn't suit us trying to play out wen we are still getting used to it, it was so ridiculously obvious so why proceed with it? Tanganga,harding and cuffy was dreadfull in that back line. Cuffy hasn't been at it since coming back from injury. You watch their players and they pass and move, we get it and there is not a player withing 5 yards to pass it back to, the old saying (play the one two).
It's also pretty obvious that it don't matter who you play upfront if he is left up there isolated, the gap between our forward and whoever is supposed to be backing him up is massive!!! The shape, tactics and the players themselves just don't know what day of the week it is when we play. Even when we are losing we don't press high, one player will press whilst the rest stand and watch?! Is this not the sort of thing you practise in training?
I don't give a toss how much the Hull squad is worth, it don't change the fact that we should be able to do the basics which we can't. ATM there's nothing to get excited about but let's just hope we stay up and then we can restructure the squad from there.