The rest of this season...

Don’t think it matters if Joe brings in a forward if he's only going to continue playing him up front on his own. I think Joe needs to realise that playing one up top isn’t working for us! Now, whether that’s down to his formation, tactics or the club’s players (or a combination of any of these), not being able to play the ball to the feet of our current set of forwards is not helping any of them to score goals!

Bradshaw and/or Nisbet need to feed off of someone playing alongside them. A partnership needs a run of games. Changing partnerships every game will not get players playing in a rhythm so as to work well together! Yes, we have injuries up top at the moment, but with what we have (Nisbet, Watmore and Flemming), we’re either not scoring enough goals (or not scoring at all), to win games like we should have yesterday!

Indeed. I notice that the the 'GR, your football is shit' brigade have been rather quiet of late.
Sorry but that's utter bollox. 3 wins over Christmas and unbeaten in 5 followed by good performances against both Middlesbro and Leicester including some of the best football we've seen at home for years. Yes, it was absolute shit yesterday but is he not allowed one poor showing? Seriously, after 4 years of watching the shit served up by Rowett's teams you're gonna crucify Edwards for the first poor display in 6 games. Fucking unbelieveble some of our support.

Sorry but that's utter bollox. 3 wins over Christmas and unbeaten in 5 followed by good performances against both Middlesbro and Leicester including some of the best football we've seen at home for years. Yes, it was absolute shit yesterday but is he not allowed one poor showing? Seriously, after 4 years of watching the shit served up by Rowett's teams you're gonna crucify Edwards for the first poor display in 6 games. Fucking unbelieveble some of our support.

I think you've misunderstood my point. I was not blaming JE for the result. I was wondering what the 'GR, your football is shit brigade' would have said about that showing in particular. They, of course, would have blamed the manager. In reality, things are not that straightforward a fact, which, I hope, some of our fans will come to appreciate - but I doubt it!

I think you've misunderstood my point. I was not blaming JE for the result. I was wondering what the 'GR, your football is shit brigade' would have said about that showing in particular. They, of course, would have blamed the manager. In reality, things are not that straightforward a fact, which, I hope, some of our fans will come to appreciate - but I doubt it!
Fair enough. I am one of that brigade, and yes that football was shit yesterday. I said it myself on the match thread. It certainly wasn't shit over Christmas or against Leicester or Boro.
The difference being though is knowing what it can be under Edwards as shown in some of the last 6 games. Under Rowett we knew what it was and just sort of accepted it for some reason.
Make no mistake, yesterday was unacceptable no matter who was in charge.
The blokes had 10 weeks or so with international breaks and numerous injuries on top. He is still in the finding out stage of who is up for it and who isn't. We made a lot of progress football wise but yesterday was big step backwards without a doubt.
People just to need to calm down a bit and give him time to develop the squad. Everyone's being a bit bi-polar. Win and we're Champions League, lose a we're a pub team. There are gonna be ups and downs along the way without doubt. This League is still a mystery, with the way results go sometimes. It's still about who makes fewer errors and being more consistent who ends up top of the league. That hasn't changed.
Yes, it was shit, and no-one's more pissed off about it than I am but let's just keep it in perspective.

Fair enough. I am one of that brigade, and yes that football was shit yesterday. I said it myself on the match thread. It certainly wasn't shit over Christmas or against Leicester or Boro.
The difference being though is knowing what it can be under Edwards as shown in some of the last 6 games. Under Rowett we knew what it was and just sort of accepted it for some reason.
The blokes had 10 weeks or so with international breaks and numerous injuries on top. He is still in the finding out stage of who is up for it and who isn't. We made a lot of progress football wise but yesterday was big step backwards without a doubt.
People just to need to calm down a bit and give him time to develop the squad. Everyone's being a bit bi-polar. Win and we're Champions League, lose a we're a pub team. There are gonna be ups and downs along the way without doubt. This League is still a mystery, with the way results go sometimes. It's still about who makes fewer errors and being more consistent who ends up top of the league. That hasn't changed.
Yes, it was shit, and no-one's more pissed off about it than I am but let's just keep it in perspective.

Rowett's football was, as he said, pragmatic. He was trying to grind out results and get points on the board - he wasn't particular how he did it. JE is trying to change the way we play, whilst still getting points on the board - it's not an easy task.

I thought for a number on here it was about exciting football, win, lose or draw, the latter 2 leading to relegation.

Did we have the it’s just about staying up approach with GR? Just saying….
What was served up yesterday certainly wasn’t exciting 🤬

The lad scored a cracker late on up at Boro 1st game of the season in front of 30,000, he has it in his locker to make something happen, he has sat on the bench for 95% of the time that JE has been here regardless of how shit we have been, with Flemming being nothing short of dogshit for ages I find his lack of game time baffling!!
I think he’s got potential but every time I’ve seen him, including the Development Final last season, he’s been casual and lackadaisical 🤷‍♂️

If I’m correct he needs to make a special effort to prove to JE to the contrary.

££££££££££££ is our big problem
In what way?
Leicester came down despite spending something like 180m more than they their income and they won the Premiership title.
We as a self supporting club are a Div 3 club and because a wonderful family have taken to support us we get our losses of around 13m paid by them, that isn't a problem.
This is our first ever period of being a Championship club for more than a couple of seasons, we should be enjoying it.

Last edited:
I thought for a number on here it was about exciting football, win, lose or draw, the latter 2 leading to relegation.

Did we have the it’s just about staying up approach with GR? Just saying….
No, but this is a transitional period for the club at almost every level. So this season is just about staying up, putting the building blocks in place for next season and even the following one

No, but this is a transitional period for the club at almost every level. So this season is just about staying up, putting the building blocks in place for next season and even the following one
Wip.... I'm not criticising Edwards and hope he gets the time to do a job. It's moreover the ones on here who slagged Rowett for putting the club within spitting distance of the Premier. Same people who are now slagging recent performance, even though they were happy to lose every game as long as it was exciting!

Here is the thing, we are not Man City (albeit play like we did in first 20mins vs boro and you never know :)). I really don't know what people are expecting on our funding. It's the same people all the time, moan, moan, fucking moan when we lose and nowhere to be seen when we win. One in particular that stated they wanted us to lose so Rowett gets the sack... never forget, never forgive.

COYL

Well said mate and for those who are disgruntled remember patience is a virtue!

Under Rowett we knew what it was and just sort of accepted it for some reason.
Because it had us in the top six for two month stretches? Because we had comfortable league finishes? Because we were 45 minutes from a play off spot? Because we are in a tough money driven league and Rowett was getting the best out of an average side by playing to there strengths? Because when was it any different other than the odd season with the likes of McGhee and KJ?

And for the record and clarity i do think that his brand was attritional but it worked. You can';t make a race horse out of a donkey is what my dear old man used to say. All this said leads us to the - ain't modern football shit- mindset. Rowett ball wasn't great to watch but whilst it produced results people will suffer it. I doubt Burnley fans moaned at Dyche ball cause it got them promoted and helped towards a stint in the premier.

Fans of medium to small sized clubs have to decide what they want. Tippy tappy, pretty but ineffective football or bite and bollock in yer face stuff that will grind out positive results. I agree that essentially we want to be entertained, and rightly so. If that comes with a caveat that it's high risk and not a bearer of fruit then what do we do? What's the actual point? I loathe to type these words but - punching above our weight- is a statement of fact and means must.

We have seen what Edwards is trying to do/ implement. He's brave cause although it sometimes gets you results it will more than often not- yesterday being a fine example- Attractive front football requires a nucleus of the team to be able to carry that out. As it stands we don't have enough technically adept players to carry out or maintain such a demanding style/ brand.

People can continue to blame this and any defeat on Rowett. They're his players blah blah blah whilst conveniently forgetting that he was selecting 5/6 players per game that he inherited from the previous regime that had the same team in 21st place whilst Rowett had them in the top six. Yet his football was shit :oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The trappy cunts got there way. Now they have to live with it. Who knew!!!!!

Wip.... I'm not criticising Edwards and hope he gets the time to do a job. It's moreover the ones on here who slagged Rowett for putting the club within spitting distance of the Premier. Same people who are now slagging recent performance, even though they were happy to lose every game as long as it was exciting!

Here is the thing, we are not Man City (albeit play like we did in first 20mins vs boro and you never know :)). I really don't know what people are expecting on our funding. It's the same people all the time, moan, moan, fucking moan when we lose and nowhere to be seen when we win. One in particular that stated they wanted us to lose so Rowett gets the sack... never forget, never forgive.

COYL
:clap::clap::clap: Another good post from you fella. Non blinkered and honest.

Indeed. Imagine that. A so called fan wanting us to lose so he could be proven correct.

I will say and risk the wrath or a ban here but some of the cunts and absolute shit that they pepper this forum with are a fucking embarrassment to the name Millwall. Have the fucking cheek go post on the spotters thread and ridicule but are just as bad as those they laugh at. Bods having flounces, writing leaving posts whilst insulting fellow posters and then slouch back like fuck all has happened.

Sadly there is a fag paper between us and the Nigels and Spotters now. Brown nosing the new fellow and first name terms but were happy to destroy a club legend in Harris and more recently one of our most effective managers kiin 30 year. Shameful how our fanbase has churned these cunts out.

The same mob at games and on forums that turned on Rowett will do the exact same with Edwards. I notice he;'s being advised to sign a fourth division striker and all on a fucking whim and a quick glance at the top scorer charts in the EFL. If he don't do what is suggested it will be held against him.

Last season it was Olafe who was gonna be the answer to all our shortcomings- the same player that coaches and a pro manager were happy to release to Sutton but of course they were wrong and the dribbling sheepskin mong wanna be football manager was correct.

Last edited:
It's too early to judge JE. Provided we stay up, he's got until the end of the season to show us what he can do. He shouldn't be judged until then. Famous last words, I know, but I can't see us going down. We're on 32 and 40 should keep us up. 3 more wins in our last 18 games should be enough. That's what made Saturday so disappointing. A win at QPR and we were almost safe. My only concern is that if we did get dragged into a relegation dogfight, I fear that JE may not have the experience to get us out of trouble. Hopefully we get a win against Preston which should ease any relegation fears.

No, but this is a transitional period for the club at almost every level. So this season is just about staying up,
Shocking reading your words considering we spent 1 of the final 13 weeks of last season in the top six. From dreaming about the play offs to hoping we can avoid the drop!!!!!!!!!!!

His football was shit indeed eh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Don’t think it matters if Joe brings in a forward if he's only going to continue playing him up front on his own. I think Joe needs to realise that playing one up top isn’t working for us!
It worked for Rowett ya fucking overgrown tit but you wanted him gone. Who the actual fuck do you think you are? Bill Shankly? Ferguson? Mourinho? Where are you with your verbal shit fest when we win? Why does one up front work when we win but not when we lose? We lost yesterday because we had a rare off day and regardless of tactics- it happens. If we played two up top and lost you'd be farting out another one of your lunatic theories.

Why didn't you apply for the job when Rowett had had enough of cunts like you giving him shit? You seem to have all the answers ( after the event ) so what the fuck are you doing on here?

You'll ignore this and Ildertons posts but you can fucking see them ya wanker. You don't like being taken to task but happy to fart all sorts of absolute cunt ya gutless crank. It's forum of opinions but you don't like be challenged and having people point out that 99.9% of what you offer is utter wank and steaming bullshit.

Fans of medium to small sized clubs have to decide what they want. Tippy tappy, pretty but ineffective football or bite and bollock in yer face stuff that will grind out positive results. I agree that essentially we want to be entertained, and rightly so. If that comes with a caveat that it's high risk and not a bearer of fruit then what do we do? What's the actual point? I loathe to type these words but - punching above our weight- is a statement of fact and means must.

We have seen what Edwards is trying to do/ implement. He's brave cause although it sometimes gets you results it will more than often not- yesterday being a fine example- Attractive front football requires a nucleus of the team to be able to carry that out. As it stands we don't have enough technically adept players to carry out or maintain such a demanding style/ brand.

People can continue to blame this and any defeat on Rowett. They're his players blah blah blah whilst conveniently forgetting that he was selecting 5/6 players per game that he inherited from the previous regime that had the same team in 21st place whilst Rowett had them in the top six. Yet his football was shit :oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The trappy cunts got their way. Now they have to live with it. Who knew!!!!!
But mate, I don’t think it was bite and bollock in your face stuff from Rowett though. It was one of the tamest Millwall teams I can remember watching and our terrible home form under him would back that up. It was hit and hope football. It got results at times but I don’t recall much bite and bollock.

I actually think we’ve seen more bite and bollock since Edwards has been in (bar Saturday of course). Take the Norwich game. That was bite and bollock personified! He’s stated that he wants to mix the bite and bollock football with the tippy tappy (not his exact words 😆) stuff. Whether he can pull that off or not we’ll have to wait and see. But he does need time.

Last edited:
But mate, I don’t thinking it was bite and bollock in your face stuff from Rowett though. It was one of the tamest Millwall teams I can remember watching and our terrible home form under him would back that up. It was hit and hope football. It got results at times but I don’t recall much bite and bollock.

I actually think we’ve seen more bite and bollock since Edwards has been in (bar Saturday of course). Take the Norwich game. That was bite and bollock personified! He’s stated that he wants to mix the bite and bollock football with the tippy tappy (not his exact words 😆) stuff. Whether he can pull that off or not we’ll have to wait and see. But he does need time.
Unfortunately the biters haven’t played in the last 2 games 😞