The mighty Lions V Coventry- match thread.

He needs to find eleven players first...
I really feel sorry for him...He can forget about having an Happy Christmas, we've royally fucked that up for him.

:ROFLMAO:

I must be going soft in my old age. It wasn't great, but I didn't think we deserved to be on the end of a 0-3.
:shrug:
I don't think it was a 3-0 defeat but then our 4-0 wasn't a 4-0 performance.
1st goal at Wednesday, Longman is away and a whistle in the crowd leads to a corner instead of Longman going on to shoot and miss, we then score from the corner and they fold.
Today , their forward has a poor shot when he should of scored and Bart deflects it straight onto the head of their forward, the championship is like that for around 14 average sides that are in it.
We didn't lack effort and was composed until they scored, but it's Millwall and that is why I don't see us losing at Ipswich, midweek, cold and miserable, just M and myself with the coach 1 crew on the telly and you lot on here saying how great the support was from the 15 of us and that can't believe it was the same team from Saturday.

Cuffy caught out of position again for the first goal, no tracking back from Emankhu second goal and Sav let his man stroll past him for third. Just three very poor fuck ups. Don t like to slag off wall players but Flemming needs a proper kick up his arse.

I don't think it was a 3-0 defeat but then our 4-0 wasn't a 4-0 performance.
1st goal at Wednesday, Longman is away and a whistle in the crowd leads to a corner instead of Longman going on to shoot and miss, we then score from the corner and they fold.
Today , their forward has a poor shot when he should of scored and Bart deflects it straight onto the head of their forward, the championship is like that for around 14 average sides that are in it.
We didn't lack effort and was composed until they scored, but it's Millwall and that is why I don't see us losing at Ipswich, midweek, cold and miserable, just M and myself with the coach 1 crew on the telly and you lot on here saying how great the support was from the 15 of us and that can't believe it was the same team from Saturday.

This is very balanced and entirely fair.

JE will learn more about us today than he did against Sheff Weds, that's for sure.
It was extremely poor pretty much from start to finish. All the movement and getting players in the box like last week was totalling missing today and just all round far too slow getting forward.
Both De Norre and Saville struggled in the middle today. Really needed another body in there. Bradshaw was isolated and therefore non existent. I still think that Cuffy cannot be played at right back. He's ok going forward (very over-rated by some) but just keeps leaving too much space behind which leaves the defence a man down against a quick break. He also often ends up in the same space as Honeyman or when Honeyman is free, not using him. Would prefer a proper right back who can defend in there (Danny Mac or even Leonard).
Thank fuck for Bart today as that could have been even more embarrassing.
As always, it's the hope that kills you.

JE would have learnt more from today than the Wednesday game, not having a pop at JE at all but we should have gone to 5 at the back and 2 up front at HT. Wallace was getting ripped a new one by the little Jap fella and Bradshaw can't play as a lone striker anymore.
This season is about JE finding his feet as a boss and installing quite a few new ideas throughout the club, as long as we stay up I'll back him 100%.
We need to see Emakhu and Esse starting games, 10-20 minutes here and there ain't helping them, I think Longman is shit and should no way be keeping the 2 youngsters out the team!!!

You could see the frustration from Wes and DeNorre when they had the ball they were looking for movement but there was none and Coventry had no problem closing us down due to no movement, whereas as soon as Coventry got the ball their midfield and forwards were on their toes.

They should have had six today if not for Bart.

JE will learn more about us today than he did against Sheff Weds, that's for sure.
It was extremely poor pretty much from start to finish. All the movement and getting players in the box like last week was totalling missing today and just all round far too slow getting forward.
Both De Norre and Saville struggled in the middle today. Really needed another body in there. Bradshaw was isolated and therefore non existent. I still think that Cuffy cannot be played at right back. He's ok going forward (very over-rated by some) but just keeps leaving too much space behind which leaves the defence a man down against a quick break. He also often ends up in the same space as Honeyman or when Honeyman is free, not using him. Would prefer a proper right back who can defend in there (Danny Mac or even Leonard).
Thank fuck for Bart today as that could have been even more embarrassing.
As always, it's the hope that kills you.
But when Cuffy did the same in the last game it lead to 2 goals.

JE would have learnt more from today than the Wednesday game, not having a pop at JE at all but we should have gone to 5 at the back and 2 up front at HT. Wallace was getting ripped a new one by the little Jap fella and Bradshaw can't play as a lone striker anymore.
This season is about JE finding his feet as a boss and installing quite a few new ideas throughout the club, as long as we stay up I'll back him 100%.
We need to see Emakhu and Esse starting games, 10-20 minutes here and there ain't helping them, I think Longman is shit and should no way be keeping the 2 youngsters out the team!!!
Teams ave sussed Longman. They know he will cut inside onto his right foot so ave an extra man coverin.

You can say that the players are struggling but let’s be honest they aren’t getting any help at all from the fans. Our so called support today was downright fucking atrocious, even when it was goalless the game was being played out in near silence. So much for the big welcome for the new gaffer. Another ‘big crowd big atmosphere’ myth exploded this afternoon.

You can say that the players are struggling but let’s be honest they aren’t getting any help at all from the fans. Our so called support today was downright fucking atrocious, even when it was goalless the game was being played out in near silence. So much for the big welcome for the new gaffer. Another ‘big crowd big atmosphere’ myth exploded this afternoon.
think i heard two songs all game and they only sung by a few. was literally one of the worst atmospheres - almost silence - i have heard down tehre.

He don’t know the players strengths and weaknesses yet.
I think he knows some now!

I’ve managed Under 9 year olds with a better positional sense than BNC 🤷‍♂️. Out of position for their first two goals and constantly all over the place. If he’s to play it has to be wide right in a middle four with Danny behind him. Also too predictable going forward. There’s ability there that, at present, is negated by his weaknesses.

Wes looked comfortable playing Edwards way and defended well. He’s here to stay 👍

Cooper woefully slow, in possession gives nothing to the team and, increasingly, doesn’t create much at set-pieces. Is his time numbered?

Murray was given a torrid time by the best player on the pitch by an absolute mile. Where did Coventry pick him up from? I’d consider playing him LCD instead of Cooper 🤔

Honeyman: No pace nor ability to beat an opponent. A liability playing out wide. Could make a contribution in central midfield.

De Norre: Another promising performance and, arguably, the only player who will be comfortable playing Edwards way.

Saville: Another lacking pace or the ability to go by an opponent. Was he the defensive CM? If so, he should have picked up their No 8 who played in “the hole” and had a field day.

Longman: I’ve never liked right-footed players playing wide left. Doesn’t create much and slow to track back which contributed to the bad time Murray had. I’d send him back to Hull.

Flemming: His dawdling on the ball was the start of the build-up to their first. Constantly chose the wrong option and lost possession. Shame he wasn’t sold in the summer for a shed load of money. Think he should be replaced by Nisbet or Esse.

Tom: Easy to criticise him but he had little support. There was an occasion in the second half, just after the substitutions, when all ten of our outfield players were in their half, we were pressing and he was the only one in their box. I’d like to see him start with Nisbet.

We all could see what Edwards is trying to do but he simply doesn’t have the quality of players needed to deliver. I think he’s going to have to compromise until the squad composition changes. 😔

Last edited:
looking at that side today, trying their heart out in the main, i couldn't help notice how Basic Barry and limited we are. In the past, had the nagging sense that it was Rowett making them appear like that. No i think he knew exactly our limitations and probably set us up perfectly. We might even have to go BACK to that style of play if relegation creeps nearer.

Not sure what I was expecting day but it wasn’t to get turned over so easily. Wrong team, wrong formation. On the flip side I can see JE absolutely dismantling this team asap (which is league one when you look at the other quality teams have) and I do believe he will get it right given time. Other notes…..Murray Wallace’s career was ended today, cooper is no captain and the United Nations gathering that is the modern Den is still finished.