The Lions V The Foxes- FA cup 3rd round match thread- 12.30 KO

Peckham Lion

Staff member
A brief break from the bread and butter roller coaster ride of the championship as we face league leaders Leicester in the 3rd round of the FA cup. From the birth of the competition on 20 July 1871 this world famous competition has allowed football fans to dream and witness heroic giant killings whilst other have witnessed their beloved giant being slayed and humbled by the underdogs living out those boyhood dreams. Now in it's 153 year and started back in August 2023-13 rounds and approximately 659 games will culminate with the 660 game and final round at wembley- the final.

After having a proud and decent home record of wins and often against higher placed opponents we have hit a slump the last four home ties from five played. Defeats to Sheffield united twice, Bristol city and the zit riddled- Croydons cockfest choristers. Todays tie hasn't the spice or disparity that our previous cup meetings have had when Leicester were flying high but you never know what could happen if we give the cup a real go. It's a chance to make more memories and upset the Apple cart. It's days like our last win over them and the 2-0 in 85 is why we go.

When Sean Cummings popped up in injury time to put away Lee Gregory's assist the roof nearly came off at the Den. That was Cummings fourth career goal, his third came against Bournemouth the same season and two rounds earlier. His second career goal came back in December 2015 at Southend when we beat em 4-0. A line up that featured Adam Barratt, David Worrall and Ryan Leonard for the shrimpers. Whilst we're on the subject of seafood i might as well add that their manager that day was that complete and utter fucking Whelk- Phil the suntan Brown. A man that scares mutton poofters to death.

1704515047949.jpeg

We have a few injuries and mainly in defence. De Norre back in training but not match fit. See Silvers thoughts here https://millwallonline.com/forum/threads/cup-team-v-foxes.54967/#post-969399 Saville Banned for this one ? For them other than Vardy not getting much league action i know fuck all other than whoever they field they won't be no pushover.

No transport issues as far as i know. Gonna be cold, grey, dry but not windy.

I fancy us to win now that Edwards knows more about his team.

It's also a rare to draw those tramps from Stratford at their place. Fuck resting players.

Coyls.

Last edited:
We’ve been a bogey team to Leicester in the FA Cup over the years. Even when Hurlock and Pat Van Den Hauwe got sent off in a televised game at the Den in the 90s we got a draw.

great move again, duncs pace causing problems, Dann Mac goes inside and another good shot, Keeper had to make another good save. All us so far