The first time I saw Millwall outplayed at home

Go back a long way like yourself and yes last night we was outplayed and in the end i had to go and went in the 2nd half,with 15 mins remaining. its make me ill,to think there was no passion and didnt mix it with them and when we did it rattled fulham abit,to a point we should have gained the advantage but wall died a death. i dont mind a loss but to fold up its not the Wall way.

GR said he had a 3 year plan when he came,its a fucking joke

Fulham pissed all over us for eighty minutes after we allowed them a two goal start before the eighth minute was up. I know it’s cold comfort but if we had scored ten minutes earlier than we did who knows, we might have got a draw. They almost shit themselves when we scored as late as we did. The arrogant pricks had to resort to time wasting with their keeper getting booked for it. I refuse to get depressed over one bad result.

Fulham pissed all over us for eighty minutes after we allowed them a two goal start before the eighth minute was up. I know it’s cold comfort but if we had scored ten minutes earlier than we did who knows, we might have got a draw. They almost shit themselves when we scored as late as we did. The arrogant pricks had to resort to time wasting with their keeper getting booked for it. I refuse to get depressed over one bad result.
it was the manner of the defeat ...at home......

I can remember a few occasions I saw us outplayed at home Portsmouth 0-5 when Merson ran the show for them.

6-1 to Grimsby in the FA Cup, were leading 1-0 at the break and how they never scored in the first half was beyond me. That night they could hit at ten or more goals.

The list is endless look at the tanking's we've taken at the new place Watford 1-6 Derby Peterborough and Middlesbrough all 1-5.

Need I go on?

Last edited:
First time I saw us totally blitzed was at the old gaff by Spurs. Waddle, Gazza, Walsh etc slaughtered us 5 nil. We booed our lot off the pitch, Gazza and Waddle looked unsure of themselves as they headed towards the CBL (it was in the days of coins raining down) but as we started to applaud they looked well relieved and clapped us back…… after that it was probably the Rotherham debacle.

88/89 season first division Millwall 0 Spurs 5 , no lack of passion or fight just totally out played have had bigger defeats with gutless players ,but never seen us outplayed that much at home

10 October 1960: At home to Chelsea in the League Cup lost 7-1. I think Greaves got a couple and so did one of the Sillett brothers.

Not 100% sure, but think we were still in the game at half-time but they ripped us apart in the2nd half 🤦‍♂️

Go back a long way like yourself and yes last night we was outplayed and in the end i had to go and went in the 2nd half,with 15 mins remaining. its make me ill,to think there was no passion and didnt mix it with them and when we did it rattled fulham abit,to a point we should have gained the advantage but wall died a death. i dont mind a loss but to fold up its not the Wall way.

GR said he had a 3 year plan when he came,its a fucking joke
Baldrick cunning plan.jpg

10 October 1960: At home to Chelsea in the League Cup lost 7-1. I think Greaves got a couple and so did one of the Sillett brothers.

Not 100% sure, but think we were still in the game at half-time but they ripped us apart in the2nd half 🤦‍♂️
Historic game: our first-ever in the League Cup.

Yep, we were only 2-1 down at half-time, Burrudge netting for us.

You are right about the scorers. Greaves helped himself to a brace (no disgrace there: he ended the season with 41 First Division goals from 40 appearances). Left back Peter Sillett also got a couple and their veteran centre back Bobby Evans scored his one and only Chelsea goal. The other goals came from Peter Brabrook and Johnny Brooks.

It was also an historical game because it was the first time - so far as I can trace - of Millwall having five different goalscorer against them who were already full internationals.

All had played for England except Evans, who had collected 30 or 40 Scottish caps.

By the way. Chelsea two rounds on played at Doncaster...and won 7-0....!!!

Last edited:
Historic game: our first-ever in the League Cup.

Yep, we were only 2-1 down at half-time, Burrudge netting for us.

You are right about the scorers. Greaves helped himself to a brace (no disgrace there: he ended the season with 41 First Division goals from 40 appearances). Left back Peter Sillett also got a couple and their veteran centre back Bobby Evans scored his one and only Chelsea goal. The other goals came from Peter Brabrook and Johnny Brooks.

It was also an historical game because it was the first time - so far as I can trace - of Millwall having five different goalscorer against them who were already full internationals.

All had played for England except Evans, who had collected 30 or 40 Scottish caps.

By the way. Chelsea two rounds on played at Doncaster...and won 7-0....!!!
Great trivia info Whisky. Cheers.