THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

I saw a documentary with Rio Ferdinand who was looking at south London kids that play cage football on their estates. This is where the likes of Jadon Sanchez honed their skills and why they are so good technically. I think our club is missing a trick not scounting these places and the likes of burgess park.
We do have a lot of local kids/ lads in our academy. I see loads of black and latino kids about the manor in our training kit/ tracksuits. I think i've mentioned it on here before about kids on Peckham rye with a ball.

There's a colombian geezer that coaches his kid and a few others. They're about eight/ nine year old. Then there'a African fella teaching a few kids and his son- same age as the latino kids. The colombian fella has his lot dribbling between cones, two touch pass and move, all technique, no goals up, all of who he trains are two footed and bloody good on the ball. No shooting practice just pure ball skills. African geezer is the same with his lot.

Twenty yards away there's an English geezer with a group of kids the same age as above. Five minutes of running for a warm up. Then in and out of three cones and shoot at the small goal he's put up. That's all they do then they have a five a side where all the emphasis is on scoring and winning. It was the same for my son when he was both at primary and secondary.

Kids in Spain, South America etc don't play competitive games or train with goals up until they're 12/13. When they do the pitches are very small, as are the goals, no more than seven a side and two/ three touches only. My son was playing on full size park pitches with big goals when he was 9 and 10 until i took him out of it.

Starting to get impatient now, would have thought we would have players lined up to join the squad early in the transfer period. We always seem to do our business last minute

I saw a documentary with Rio Ferdinand who was looking at south London kids that play cage football on their estates. This is where the likes of Jadon Sanchez honed their skills and why they are so good technically. I think our club is missing a trick not scounting these places and the likes of burgess park.
can remember an interview iwth zaha saying his back yard was about the size of a normal car. him and his brothers used to play in it for hours 1v1 etc and he said that's how he learnt such close control.

Do you mean one with NO pace? 🤷‍♂️

Do we know he’s quick? At 6 ft 4 ins, my gut-feeling is he’s not Usain Bolt 🤔
What I meant was perhaps JE is looking for a CB with pace despite us having sufficient CB’s given we are now pushing higher up the pitch.

I remember some bloke on the Football Manager game made it so players could only play for the team closest to where they grew up. He put every team in a big league and Millwall were top of the league. I will have to find it and post what players were in the team if anyone is actually interested. If not il stop being a busy c@nt.

I remember some bloke on the Football Manager game made it so players could only play for the team closest to where they grew up. He put every team in a big league and Millwall were top of the league. I will have to find it and post what players were in the team if anyone is actually interested. If not il stop being a busy c@nt.
That sounds fun. Athetico Bermondsey.

Playing 7 a side in a cage defiantly shows the skillfull players a their best. If you can skip round a couple of players there, then doing it on a full size pitch is a piece of p**s.

Twenty yards away there's an English geezer with a group of kids the same age as above. Five minutes of running for a warm up. Then in and out of three cones and shoot at the small goal he's put up. That's all they do then they have a five a side where all the emphasis is on scoring and winning. It was the same for my son when he was both at primary and secondary.
Was it Adam Barrett?

We do have a lot of local kids/ lads in our academy. I see loads of black and latino kids about the manor in our training kit/ tracksuits. I think i've mentioned it on here before about kids on Peckham rye with a ball.

There's a colombian geezer that coaches his kid and a few others. They're about eight/ nine year old. Then there'a African fella teaching a few kids and his son- same age as the latino kids. The colombian fella has his lot dribbling between cones, two touch pass and move, all technique, no goals up, all of who he trains are two footed and bloody good on the ball. No shooting practice just pure ball skills. African geezer is the same with his lot.

Kids in Spain, South America etc don't play competitive games or train with goals up until they're 12/13. When they do the pitches are very small, as are the goals, no more than seven a side and two/ three touches only. My son was playing on full size park pitches with big goals when he was 9 and 10 until i took him out of it.
Welcome to coaching in the UK where they are looking for the biggest and fastest kids and they will teach them the technique. Even at a young age we are obsessed with winning things and if that means playing hoof ball then so be it.

Go and have a look around Arsenals youth set and see how many Carlos' Thierry's etc there are

Do we have anyone lined up.

Given we were looking right in the shit 3 weeks ago, I’d have thought there would have been signings lined up.

Squad is looking stick thin again