THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

It’s a two way street.
Harris knows what he’s going to get.
Malone knows what to expect from Harris.
His former colleague Sean Williams is there too.
Seems a good fit for club and player.
If he can get his fitness and form back to what it was back in the 21/22 season he’ll do well for them. Even though I couldn’t give a shit about the pikeys, I still would like to see Bomber do well.

Not strictly Championship news now (even if it does involve Leicester City), but they have sold their 25 year old winger, Harvey Barnes to Newcastle for around £38M!

Apologies for the statwankery coming up, but I think it’s relevant to our current situation with Flemming (who will be the same age as Barnes next month!)

Leicester loaned Barnes out to league 1 side Milton Keynes Dons in 2017, where he scored 6 goals in 21 appearances.

He was loaned out again, this time to Championship side Barnsley in 2017/2018, where he scored 5 goals in 23 appearances.

His last loan in 2018/2019 was to Championship side WBA, where he scored 9 goals in 26 appearances.

Not bad goal ratios, but if you take off the 6 goals he got in league 1, he scored a total of 14 goals over two seasons with two different Championship clubs! That’s 1 goal less than Flemming’s 15, which he got in 42 appearances with us, in just one season!

Taking Barnes’ goal stats and the transfer fee Leicester got for him into consideration, shouldn’t we be holding out for at least £30M for Flemming, on the off chance that Burnley re-ignite their interest in him? Or that another Prem club (or actual interest from Lazio this time), come calling with just under two weeks to go before the Championship season starts properly?

We thought we might be selling ourselves short when Burnley offered us £8M for Flemming, but now, after learning about Barnes’ goal stats and the transfer fee Newcastle paid for him, isn’t £15M a bit of a paltry sum for a mega rich Prem or European club to pay out - especially for a player who can only get better, and may even score 20+ goals a season with more skilful players around him?

Just think what the club could do, with £30M in their back pocket!

Other teams in the championship best players seem to sell for silly money accept ours! If flemming has another good season I think his value will be over 20m

Not strictly Championship news now (even if it does involve Leicester City), but they have sold their 25 year old winger, Harvey Barnes to Newcastle for around £38M!

Apologies for the statwankery coming up, but I think it’s relevant to our current situation with Flemming (who will be the same age as Barnes next month!)

Leicester loaned Barnes out to league 1 side Milton Keynes Dons in 2017, where he scored 6 goals in 21 appearances.

He was loaned out again, this time to Championship side Barnsley in 2017/2018, where he scored 5 goals in 23 appearances.

His last loan in 2018/2019 was to Championship side WBA, where he scored 9 goals in 26 appearances.

Not bad goal ratios, but if you take off the 6 goals he got in league 1, he scored a total of 14 goals over two seasons with two different Championship clubs! That’s 1 goal less than Flemming’s 15, which he got in 42 appearances with us, in just one season!

Taking Barnes’ goal stats and the transfer fee Leicester got for him into consideration, shouldn’t we be holding out for at least £30M for Flemming, on the off chance that Burnley re-ignite their interest in him? Or that another Prem club (or actual interest from Lazio this time), come calling with just under two weeks to go before the Championship season starts properly?

We thought we might be selling ourselves short when Burnley offered us £8M for Flemming, but now, after learning about Barnes’ goal stats and the transfer fee Newcastle paid for him, isn’t £15M a bit of a paltry sum for a mega rich Prem or European club to pay out - especially for a player who can only get better, and may even score 20+ goals a season with more skilful players around him?

A lot of statwankery but you forgot to add that Barnes has scored 38 goals in 128 PL games for Leicester and was touted for an England call up for the WC.

The one statistic you haven't mentioned is that Barnes has played 127 games scoring 34 goals over the last 4 seasons in the Premier League, which reflects in his current price.

A lot of statwankery but you forgot to add that Barnes has scored 38 goals in 128 PL games for Leicester and was touted for an England call up for the WC.
The one statistic you haven't mentioned is that Barnes has played 127 games scoring 34 goals over the last 4 seasons in the Premier League, which reflects in his current price.

I love it when a plan of the bleeding obvious comes together...
:grinning:

I get that, but I was comparing his stats during his loans with two championship clubs (and those games and goals make up part of his overall worth!)

Even if you take into consideration just his 34 goals in 127 appearances for Leicester in the Prem, £38M is crazy money for Newcastle to pay out for his services!

I just think that from all that, Flemming is worth more than the £15M maximum any of us were hoping to get, should he leave before the season starts!

At the very least, a higher price tag of £15M might help keep Flemming with us for another season, and along with our new signings, may get us promotion where his value could eventually get close to that of Barnes!

Yeah. Is Gifton Noel-Williams still available?

I get that, but I was comparing his stats during his loans with two championship clubs (and those games and goals make up part of his overall worth!)

Even if you take into consideration just his 34 goals in 127 appearances for Leicester in the Prem, £38M is crazy money for Newcastle to pay out for his services!

I just think that from all that, Flemming is worth more than the £15M maximum any of us were hoping to get, should he leave before the season starts!

At the very least, a higher price tag of £15M might help keep Flemming with us for another season, and along with our new signings, may get us promotion where his value could eventually get close to that of Barnes!

I suppose you can start comparing Flemming's overall value/worth with the current Harvey Barnes value/worth, once Flemming has (or if he ever does) play in the PL, or La Liga etc.. or has another decent season in the Championship.

To me, after one season in the Championship, £15m seems a tad high.
But I suppose there has to be some starting point for transfer dealings.

Who knows what his worth will be and what pans out, but I would like to see him stay for another season.